View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #11
Carnesir
Supremacy Member

Pruterm is one of the better term plan out there currently. As to why people are against life plan in this forum, I would not comment any further as this argument of BTIR have been going on for quite awhile and it will start again soon.

Personally I believe in BTIR but that does not mean I'm going to drill this idea into every single of my client because i'm into it as everyone does have different objectives in their plannings.. As a consultant, it is my job to ensure that the portfolio is worked out to individual specific needs.

If BTIR is able to help them in achieving the objectives, why not?
if ur portfolio can give stable returns in excess of 4per cent per yr. the duration of the portfolio most likly can ride out the waves of the economic cycles.

with compounding, u can also have flexibility of getting ur capital back if need be without locking in period, thats why BTIR works for pple who KNOW HOW TO INVEST.

Without it, life is the next best thing, and of cause less hassle, but returns vary across insurers.

otherwise, BTIR+Term (with knowledge of investing with diversified portfolio) will beat life easily.