SUSS July 2014 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Gentleblade

Reaction score
yes. interview went well. hopefully ii get my offer letter soon! :D:D
looking forward to start school.

the real letter only will be given out at May, after all application closed, and selection done. i think.

but i receive a provisional letter.. and paid $250 also. dunno issit cfm a seating.

Noirkw

Reaction score
Anyone applied for their new full time programmes? Applied for the finance degree, interview will be on the 12th

sink257

Reaction score
If you receive the provisional admission letter without attending an interview does it mean you're in after paying the $250? Or do you still have to attend an interview after that?

Gentleblade

Reaction score
May? wow. that's really a long period. it's annoying waiting. I wanna know now!:s12: Haha. & you're taking what course again?

human factors in safety, part time.

im not sure if this thread is allowed for part time programme. :(

Gentleblade

Reaction score
If you receive the provisional admission letter without attending an interview does it mean you're in after paying the $250? Or do you still have to attend an interview after that?

if ure in, why would they ask u got interview?

haha. probably no interview. :s22:

Mistrol

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of applying for UniSIM, I called the school and they told me lessons start in August. So is that under the July intake? Anyone knows what's the exact commencement date? I only ORD on the 13 August, I think this might be an issue for me. I'm planning to apply for full time bsc in marketing.

bitbotbit

Reaction score
Anyone knows what's the exact commencement date? I only ORD on the 13 August, I think this might be an issue for me. I'm planning to apply for full time bsc in marketing.

You can see the academic calendar at full time program portion of the Unisim Website, it's under The UniSim Experience. (Sorry, postcount is to low to post links). e: I pmed you the link.

Looks like classes for the July intake starts on 4 August.

Last edited:

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of applying for UniSIM, I called the school and they told me lessons start in August. So is that under the July intake? Anyone knows what's the exact commencement date? I only ORD on the 13 August, I think this might be an issue for me. I'm planning to apply for full time bsc in marketing.

Usually its a non-issue. You can go the 'right' way and ask for a deferment. Which will be a real hassle. Trust me. Or you can go by left. Accumulate your leaves and offs. And use them on days which you have school. Your superior should be understanding enough. Anyways you only have one or two weeks more till ORD by then. so you won't have much work to do in camp. And school is probably only 3-4 days a week. Even for full time, most local uni courses are also like that. Skipping a few days of lessons in year 1 will also not be detrimental to your overall university education. I had a few friends from the poly batch that only ord in September. But matriculated in early august in NTU. No problems either. Just have to go back camp once in awhile when got no school. School is usually also half a day. Either noon or morning. So whenever they have the time, they report to camp so only need to use half day of leave or off instead of using a full day.

Mistrol

Reaction score
Usually its a non-issue. You can go the 'right' way and ask for a deferment. Which will be a real hassle. Trust me. Or you can go by left. Accumulate your leaves and offs. And use them on days which you have school. Your superior should be understanding enough. Anyways you only have one or two weeks more till ORD by then. so you won't have much work to do in camp. And school is probably only 3-4 days a week. Even for full time, most local uni courses are also like that. Skipping a few days of lessons in year 1 will also not be detrimental to your overall university education. I had a few friends from the poly batch that only ord in September. But matriculated in early august in NTU. No problems either. Just have to go back camp once in awhile when got no school. School is usually also half a day. Either noon or morning. So whenever they have the time, they report to camp so only need to use half day of leave or off instead of using a full day.

Haha yeah, hopefully my boss would let me use my off/leave to attend the first few classes. Only issue now is, I'm left with 3 days of leave LOL, didn't think I would need it for school when I used it in January. Thanks for the info though!

tess_yoyo

Reaction score
Just submitted my online application. Got my husband's blessing to go ahead with the part time course. Hope it'll be ok! Very mixed feelings. hahaha!

Audris

Reaction score
Received an email from Unisim this morning regarding CEX courses. Meaning taking the exams earlier before you register for the courses once school starts which I think can offset certain modules. Does this mean self-study and take exams so it is more for people with relevant diploma as they have the foundation?

Lingderella

Reaction score
Received an email from Unisim this morning regarding CEX courses. Meaning taking the exams earlier before you register for the courses once school starts which I think can offset certain modules. Does this mean self-study and take exams so it is more for people with relevant diploma as they have the foundation?

Hi, just applied for bachelor of social woek part time degree on 26.1.14, went for interview on 18.2.14. Did not receive any letter whether I'm being offered yo take up the degree yet but I receive an email to ask to register for CEX. Does it means im already accepted?

alfred14

Reaction score
hi just to ask, i have just applied for unisim and when do i know my application is successful? how long did u all took? does interview means u r in and how does provisional letter looks like? thanks

newbird2005

Reaction score
Hi, just applied for bachelor of social woek part time degree on 26.1.14, went for interview on 18.2.14. Did not receive any letter whether I'm being offered yo take up the degree yet but I receive an email to ask to register for CEX. Does it means im already accepted?

I'm a 49 yrs old man and applied for bachelor of social work also. Going interview tmr at 2.15pm.

May I know what kind of questions they asked?

Lingderella

Reaction score
I'm a 49 yrs old man and applied for bachelor of social work also. Going interview tmr at 2.15pm.

May I know what kind of questions they asked?

Hi, good luck for your interview tomorrow. They ask me questions like why do you want to take up this degree? How are you going to pay your school fees? Does your employer knows that you want to study? How are you going to handle work and studies?

bitbotbit

Reaction score

Anyway, is CEX compulsory or optional?

From what I heard at the open house, CEX is self study (they will provide you with the materials) and then you take the exam.

It's optional and anyone can do CEX, though it'll probably be easier if you have the relevant foundation. I believe if you have a related diploma with a good gpa you can get a wavier and credit for those CEX modules.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.