Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

denn23

Master Member
Reaction score
ive been trying to find the page where it shows the average cost OR each individual cost of the stocks in my portfolio.

Currently, it only shows the current price of my stock holdings.

thx

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. U mean cimb can see the no of lots ppl r selling n buying at x price for a stock? Meaning eg singte now 3.56. So u can see how many lots ppl r selling at say 3.60, 3.70... as so on? Thn u can place your bid?

it is call market depth. all other brokers may have this feature. not necessary IMO if you are not a trader.

Online Stock and Share Trading-POEMS

Hoo8899

Reaction score
ive been trying to find the page where it shows the average cost OR each individual cost of the stocks in my portfolio.

thx

Peoples tend to cut the profit and ride the loss, so to my current mindset, historical cost is no longer important. Buy and sell when time is right not price is right.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thx

Believe there's no way to see except looking back at your transaction history. Suggest you keep an excel sheet of all your transactions with some simple formula, if not sure to be confused after a while.

jayou8

Reaction score
Assuming if SCB is down, can I sell my shares holdings held with SCB in let's say another broker (eg iOCBC) and arrange to transfer the shares from SCB to CDP?

Will there be enough turn-around time?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assuming if SCB is down, can I sell my shares holdings held with SCB in let's say another broker (eg iOCBC) and arrange to transfer the shares from SCB to CDP?

Will there be enough turn-around time?

Not enough time. It will take a few days to transfer. And you might need to pay for the transfer costs.

If SCB is down, just call their hotline. The commission charges will be taken as an exception and online rates apply. I have checked this before. But confirm again before you place your order.

lanzhu60

Reaction score
hi, mind to share the config part ? im using samsung note2 , unable to access online trading on the ph..pls advise

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, sorry a noob question here. but if i want to transfer funds fast from posb to scb, i have to withdraw the amount in stacks of cash and deposit over the counter?

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry but in this case, I have to bring a stack of notes to the counter/cash deposit machine to deposit the money? isnt it dangerous?

no choice ma, u find those places where the bank are side by side, at least safer. and i dont think u are transferring high 5/6 digits figures on a v regular basis.

some banks got a same day transfer facility (i think its OCBC), but a surcharge of $5

denn23

Master Member
Reaction score
as of now.. i use internet bank transfer. which take up to 3 days to clear.

else u can do what garlic and butter said.

Anyways, we should be able to experience instant bank transfer among different banks in a few months. Our banks are working on it. This should benefit alot of businesses (finally)

denn23

Master Member
Reaction score
Peoples tend to cut the profit and ride the loss, so to my current mindset, historical cost is no longer important. Buy and sell when time is right not price is right.

to say historical cost is no longer important is whacked. sorry.

and also to say buy and sell when time is right NOT price is right is also whacked.

But u did say "current mindset" so there must be your own reasons for it. everyone has different outlook on buying stock.

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to say historical cost is no longer important is whacked. sorry.

and also to say buy and sell when time is right NOT price is right is also whacked.

But u did say "current mindset" so there must be your own reasons for it. everyone has different outlook on buying stock.

cant you track and calculate your own cost price?

assuming you buy share A from poems and ocbc. poems will not show you the true cost of your holdings. so you cant rely on the historical cost of a poems trading platform.

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i purchased some shares today but the money inside my settlement account doesnt have any changes.... likewise for my trading account....

what is happening?

Hunter_X_Hunter

Reaction score
for me..once my orders are filled, it would be reflected immediately under my settlement account,,are your orders filled?

Hi, i purchased some shares today but the money inside my settlement account doesnt have any changes.... likewise for my trading account....

what is happening?

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
If I never rmb wrongly, the amount only gets deducted after 3 days. Similar to when selling, it's t+3 before the funds from selling gets creditted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.