SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

quantumfusion

Reaction score
anyone knows how does extension of IPT work ? really too busy to clear them.

Does it push back my RT clearing period by 1 month ? or still must clear b4 next birthday ?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how does extension of IPT work ? really too busy to clear them.

Does it push back my RT clearing period by 1 month ? or still must clear b4 next birthday ?

Should be but you also can't extend your RT anymore. To confirm, just check with the PTI or admin staff.

Peter1980

Reaction score
Dos and Don'ts

PTIs / Certis trainers actually have a tough job. On 1 hand, they have to handle the expectations and KPIs while on the other hand they also have to understand that NSmens are not a lifeless product but a human being and each one of us have different physical limits and constraints, whether if it's physical injuries or others.

Hence it is not my wish to share about the don'ts and what they can or cannot do to you during training. Because I am worried that by doing so will cause one of two consequences: 1) System being abused by fellow NSmens and PTIs / Certis trainers suffer, or 2) If too many abuse the system & if the information is too public, they'll just change their SOP to make it right and every NSmen suffer.

However in recent years, we have all read far too much reports of NSmen collapsing during training (Yes, even ONE death during peacetime is too much.), and while the bigger majority of PTIs and Certis trainers are good, and have our benefits at heart by training us to be physically fit for our health sake, there will always be that one rookie hotshot who is sometimes in over their head, thinking that we're their private chimpanzee circus, or trying to push beyond the physical limits of some NSmens and appear gung-ho in front of the OCs, friends or girls (now that there're some chio bu in camp.. LOL). Remember, a lot of these PTIs / Certis trainers are very young, some as young as 22,23. And we have all been young before and we all know what some of us might have done when we were young.

Hence, I'll taper bit by bit and start with the most basic and commonly known first.

Vulgarities: This is the most basic and understood issue nowadays for army. In no way nor manner should PTIs / trainers use vulgarities on any of the NSmens, let alone those addressing mother and father. But what some might not understand is the rationale behind: The point is not just because of cultural sensitivities, respecting one another, or that we're gu-niang and cannot da-han. The point is regardless whether they're officers / PTI / trainers, once they use vulgarities onto an NSmen or trainee, they're letting people know that they're making it personal. And once they make it personal they're no longer fit to lead nor to give instructions, as whatever they say then will be determined as personal and unfair.

Medical: PTIs / trainers are not trained medical professionals, and are not fit to make any medical assessments for anyone. I've seen cases whereby some NSmens might have sprained their ankle or muscle cramp and when they raise the issue to the trainers, some trainers will ask slyly, "you okay? still can? / medic over at the other side leh, quite far, etc " (it's a matter of phrasing their words)

Medical attention is YOUR RIGHT, not your needs / wants. Regardless of ranks, no officers / PTIs have the right to deny any trainees / NSmen the right to medical attention once you raise the issue up. And once raised, the officer in charge / PTIs should make IMMEDIATE attempt to contact the medic to you and not take their own sweet time.

Remember, anyone can say what they want but they don't own your life. You own your own life. Sometimes, I have seen fellow NSmen raising for medical attention up to trainers but after the trainer comes over, and twist their words nicely to the NSmens (training almost over / too long never exercise, that's why, etc) , they back off and don't insist for medic anymore. You also should not be concerned whether you'll be giving the nice PTIs a hard time by asking for medic or whether they need to file written report after the training because you asked for medic. That is not your concern. Your concern should be your safety, and that your life is in your own hands. The next time you don't, just think about your loved ones, and who you promise to take care of when old. What will happen to them if you don't take good care of yourself… remember that.

Add to that, the weather and environment of now, is not like the 10/20years ago past whereby you might be able to do 50 pull ups but can only do 5 now. Remember, climate change and environment are also contributing factors and a lot has changed over the past 30years including your physical body.

I hope the above helps, but please don't abuse the system too. Should I go on? Or has someone else already addressed / written something like this before me?

Last edited:

qweiop

Reaction score
Got a few qns regarding RT.

When i fail my ippt within the 9 mth window, i have to go for 20 sessions of RT

1. During the 3 mth period, can i take a ippt test agn and if i pass, i would not need to take the full 20 sessions? I dont think i will be able to attend rt during weekdays. But if i only take on weekends, i cannot complete 20 in 3 mths.

2. The rt pay is based on rank pay or work pay?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a few qns regarding RT.

When i fail my ippt within the 9 mth window, i have to go for 20 sessions of RT

1. During the 3 mth period, can i take a ippt test agn and if i pass, i would not need to take the full 20 sessions? I dont think i will be able to attend rt during weekdays. But if i only take on weekends, i cannot complete 20 in 3 mths.

2. The rt pay is based on rank pay or work pay?

1. can.

2. rank pay.

plmokn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went for ipt-ippt 1st session... how long do i need to wait to know my ppt band standard?

fi_east

Reaction score
Wanna check with u guys.. read that now rt no longer can choose colour tags but instead was given to u.. so lets say i come the first earliest batch, what time will it ends?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna check with u guys.. read that now rt no longer can choose colour tags but instead was given to u.. so lets say i come the first earliest batch, what time will it ends?

just went last saturday... requested for red tag and got it, but in the end red and blue tags do things together.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just some updates on the new timing thing, at least for khatib camp, although the briefing by the conducting implies the other camps are following a similar system

Inpro starts at 5pm now.

starting with blue tag as wave 1, roughly 50-60 pax before it closes

after 5.30pm, next is red tag roughly 50-60 pax

after 6pm, next is yellow tag

then green tag (weight lost) + pink tag (in pro after 6.30pm and u still need to do the 20 mins cycling at gym afters))

all group do same exercises except for last wave which is weight lost regime, pink tag follow their exercises.

all waves start warm up as soon as pax is full or timing is reached.

training time is still roughly 2 hours, meaning u come at 5, u still go off at 7 ish.

Last edited:

jeaimentvous

Reaction score
If miss 3 RT sessions the system will prevent you from booking future RT sessions correct? How to resolve this?

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just some updates on the new timing thing, at least for khatib camp, although the briefing by the conducting implies the other camps are following a similar system

Inpro starts at 5pm now.

starting with blue tag as wave 1, roughly 50-60 pax before it closes

after 5.30pm, next is red tag roughly 50-60 pax

after 6pm, next is yellow tag

then green tag (weight lost) + pink tag (in pro after 6.30pm and u still need to do the 20 mins cycling at gym afters))

all group do same exercises except for last wave which is weight lost regime, pink tag follow their exercises.

all waves start warm up as soon as pax is full or timing is reached.

training time is still roughly 2 hours, meaning u come at 5, u still go off at 7 ish.

no wonder recently i just went to khatib camp for ippt & noticed a group outproing at 7++.

anyway does the above colour tag grouping applies for both RT & IPT? as last i rem IPT only allows inpro at 7pm

lockheart

Reaction score
first day ipt ippt normally starts at what time? if i remembered correctly, it starts earlier then ipt inpro timing?

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no wonder recently i just went to khatib camp for ippt & noticed a group outproing at 7++.

anyway does the above colour tag grouping applies for both RT & IPT? as last i rem IPT only allows inpro at 7pm

RT only for now.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first day ipt ippt normally starts at what time? if i remembered correctly, it starts earlier then ipt inpro timing?

IPT-IPPT starts briefing at 6.15pm on weekdays. normally it will kick off officially by 6.30pm

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.