Sineoji 600 Mbps Gigabit Homeplug $33 at 11 am !

junjian

Reaction score
They nv lie just that u nv read carefully on ethernet part. Out of 500mbps, 300 go to wifi n 100each to the 2 ethernet port.

Mind u when they say 100mbps is actual 50up/50 downloading.

Actually, I think it is more of the homeplug is capable of allowing up to 500Mbps through the powerline.
But the actual data rate is dependent on your powerline's condition and the eternet port in use. Is this a more accurate explanation? That's what I understood from the Sineoji RMA agent at SLS.

Thats why I bought both AV2 with gigabit port since my com and PS4 can support gigabit and I am upgrading my ISP to 300Mbps from my current fibre 100Mbps.

StyL3-Ivan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But buying a new wireless router doesn't cfm the signal will be good right?

My pace router is in living room, and i can only get 1-2 bar (Speedtest 20-30Mb) using iPhone 5S.

Thats why i trust LAN more than wireless.

How about this setup?

Living room: ONT->Pace->600 AV2

Bed room: 600 AV2->Prolink WNR1008

Above is my setup, below is the speed test. :D on Singtel fibre 100Mbps.

octacon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just discover something, Sineoji 600mbps homeplug comes with cat5 cable ( not even cat5E). So the limitation is @ the cable not the homeplug.

CAT5 only 100mbps
CAT5E or CAT6 can go 1000mbps

IceLatte

Reaction score
I hooted the followings today.

02 x PL600EPG
01 x set of PL500E (nano size) + PL500EW
01 x set of PL500EP + PL500EW

Tried them and have quite a mixture of results.
I gotten quite low speeds with the PL500EW, and somehow the I dont quite get the leds. PL500EW is green light for data but the PL500E (master to modem) is orange/red when I tested the wifi on PL500EW.

Next, the obvious one is 600 AV2 and 500 has not much difference.
Both wired speed tests are around 94Mbps up and 7Mbps down.

Yes, I am still on MOL 100 cable. :s13:

StyL3-Ivan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just discover something, Sineoji 600mbps homeplug comes with cat5 cable ( not even cat5E). So the limitation is @ the cable not the homeplug.

CAT5 only 100mbps
CAT5E or CAT6 can go 1000mbps

I notice that too... luckily i kope from office 2x Cat6 cables... LOL!!!

Monday going to kope more

AhPek_Lion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very impressed with sineoji home plug.

On 100mbps fiber M1, main desktop directly connected getting 125mbps down /89mbps up on speedtest.

Computer abt 10meters away getting 83mbps down and 79mbps up

waiken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
better than putting them on multi-plugs :vijayadmin:
40mbps down/up
---------------------------------------
m1 200mbps

ONT-> cat5e -> sineoji ~~ sineoji-> cat5e ->desktop

download not that good

Last edited:

acertey

Reaction score
try cat 6 cables?

Erm if sign up MR 1GBPS, does it mean this home plug might not be sufficient?

Last edited:

AhPek_Lion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3342738044.png

ONT - cat 5 - Engenius 9870-cAT 6 - Sineoji ~~~ Sineoji - Cat 5e - Desktop
100mbps m1

Last edited:

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
What do you all do with the Cat 5 cables provided by Sineoji after you replace them with better ones like Cat 6 cables?

Micki78

Banned
Reaction score
acutally how homeplug works? the connection is via the plug wired or wireless? am confuse.

Tony Sim

Reaction score
Hi All,

Any of you have a NAS connected to the router? Possible to share your typical download speed from the NAS as below?

NAS->Router->Sineoji--- ---Sineoji->PC

I am getting around 15MB/s* download speed from the NAS to my PC (from Windows explorer readings) with the following setup and not sure if using the homeplugs will have any improvement.

NAS->Router (802.11ac)--- ---PC (802.11n)

*Pls take note the speed is "mega byte per sec" and not mbps (mega bits per sec).

Twinsen

Reaction score
Anyone upgraded from the old Aztech 200 homeplugs?
What kind of gains did you get?
I am currently using a pair of old Aztech 200s.. and getting around 60Mbps on speedtest. My internet is 200Mbps..
Just wondering what kind of gains I might get on the 600Mbps Sineoji...

xuanzang123

Reaction score
Benchmarking Speed Test between Aztech 600 Mbps AV2 Pass Through & Sineoji 600 Mbps AV2 Pass Through.

Carried out test to measure the speed test of the 2 above brands placing 1 pair of homeplugs point to point of the same wall socket within 4 metres and 13 metres respectively. To determine how well each pair of homeplugs is able to sustain the throughput if the distance are stretch further apart as we all knew that the longer it goes, electrical noise interference will be the factor that impact the performance of homeplug powerlines. However, having said that, each homeplug powerline design,architecture and firmware is unique, such that its ability to handle this noisy lines and sustaining the consistency in terms of the bandwidth through the powerlines.

Test 1 - 1 pair of Sineoji 600 Mbps Homeplugs placed 4 metres apart from Dining Hall to Living Hall. Cat 6 Ethernet cable at both ends.

Sineoji : Download Speed 249 Mbps, Upload Speed 226 Mbps

The pair of Sineoji Homeplugs was removed and replaced with a pair of Aztech 600 Mbps Homeplugs placed at the same socket, location and distance of 4 metres apart, Dining Hall to Living Hall. Cat 6 Ethernet cable at both ends.

Aztech : Download Speed 149 Mbps, Upload Speed 164 Mbps

Next, let's put the pair of homeplugs to stress by placing them 13 metres apart.

Test 2 - 1 pair of Sineoji 600 Mbps Homeplug placed 13 metres apart from the bedroom to the living hall. Cat 6 Ethernet cable at both ends.

Sineoji : Download Speed 185 Mbps, Upload Speed 170 Mbps

The Sineoji Homeplugs was removed and replaced with Aztech 600 Mbps Homeplugs at the same power socket, location and distance of 13 metres apart.

Aztech : Download Speed 85 Mbps, Upload 103 Mbps

Gauging from above results, homeplug performance varies from homes to homes. However, the consistency of maintaining the bandwidth throughput over a stretch of lines and distances, overcoming the noise factors does play an important role in the homeplug ability. The longer the distance, the greater the challenge is.

Coming up next will be NAS to PC throughput measurement via Homeplug Powerline with a pass through device connected.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.