Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh. I'm more incline to Toshiba as its compressor is made in Japan.

Anyone have engage Tim Wong from Renotalk before?

His price is good but cant seem find any review for him. The strange things is he's not a newbie and has been advertising at there for a few yrs liao.

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun buy from allbest or what best one.. all the same boss their workmanship is lousy... I would choose mitsubishi or daikin for aircon... panasonic is national last time which is very very good but now the quality is not as good as national and the compressor are noisy..

my aircon installed by all best.

they install until damn late at night and at one point the whole condenser unit dropped on the ground......:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

dunno issit why my aircon gas is leaking now......

dayromper

Reaction score
Any good feedback about the installation service by Gain City or New Way?

Do we have a say in the type of piping to be used?

Thanks!

Cloud_Evolution

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried bright house lighting to install air con? i saw promotion for Mitsubishi HI sys 2/3/4 on promo @ Midview city. G23 copper, 1cm germany insulator (this is what the sales person told me, apparently i didnt ask much qn when he told me this)

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi friends
I need some advice:
How long does an aircon last?
I just bought a 5-6 year old place, which was rented out, and I assume the aircon units have been used continuously during this period..

Do they need to be replaced?

I might do some reno so it's a chance to fix it while I am not staying there yet.

Also since the condenser units are in the service balcony, if I buy new units, will they come and take these away?

Thanks

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Plasticpistola,

Compressors are usually warrantied for 5 years.
However gas leak could be due to many possibilities and not only confined to condenser coils gas leakage. (Pipings, flares, wall mounted or condenser coils etc)

I would supposed you already have somebody to check your aircon which is why you are aware of the gas leak. You might want to consult your current contractor on how you can have this issue fixed.

If your unit is still under warranty do let him know too so that he can give you proper advise.

Gas leak issues are usually a headache to most as re-piping could be expensive so is the pressure test to identify the leak and if concealed pipings the hacking which is very cumbersome.

Good Luck on having this resolved soonest.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

my aircon installed by all best.

they install until damn late at night and at one point the whole condenser unit dropped on the ground......:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

dunno issit why my aircon gas is leaking now......

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Petetherock,

With proper maintenance, an aircon should be able to last for at least 7 years.

I would be more worried about gas leakage or defect wirings.
Indoor units if dirty I can have it chemically overhauled.
Hence if cost can be managed and since you will be fixing up the place, personally I will prefer replacing with a new system and new pipings as I will also make the same assumptions that the units are being used continuously for rental units.

However if you have a tighter budget then you might want to consider having somebody chemically overhauled your units after your renovation is done so that at least the units are clean before you move in.

If keeping the existing system, would be best that you have a pressure test done to ensure that there is no gas leakage however the cost for a pressure test is rather high coupled with the chemical overhaul, it might not be that cost effective for a 5-6 years old system. You might want to weigh this part before you decide.

If you purchase a new system, it should include dismantle and install therefore the installer will have to remove the old condensers away from the service balcony during installation.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi friends
I need some advice:
I just bought a 5-6 year old place, which was rented out, and I assume the aircon units have been used continuously during this period..

I might do some reno so it's a chance to fix it while I am not staying there yet.

Also since the condenser units are in the service balcony, if I buy new units, will they come and take these away?

Thanks

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi friends
I need some advice:

Thanks
Hi petetherok
Is not a good time for change a new air con price is high in this few month . if u can wait to Oct to Dec they will be many promotion , when u install a new unit air con they will dismantle the old unit for u . why not u just test your air con running for 3 hr ,if is cool just look for air con guy to service

petetherock

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies..
I can only do reno at the end of August earlier, so that's good.
If they can remove the old ones, what should I be looking for a three bed-room place that also needs two / one unit for the hall / dining area?

Right now, there's an old Toshiba Invertor unit (three compressors for five head units?) . It worked well, but it was noiser than my non invertor Panasonic single unit.

Total area of my flat is around 1200 sq ft (including kitchen and the balcony.)

Last edited:

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Petetherock,

What you most probably need is either one of the below configuration depending on your usage trends and also room area:

1) System 4

2) System 3 + System 1 (separated system for hall and dining)
This configuration has 2 outdoor condensers

3) System 3 + System 2 (separated system with 1 indoor unit for hall and 1 indoor unit for dining)
This configuration has 2 outdoor condensers

Your appointed installer would be the one that can help you with these questions. Show them your floor plan and they will be able to calculate and advise the BTU required based on the individual square area of each room and make appropriate recommendations.

Sometimes factors such as afternoon/evening sun, design factors also comes into play so work with your installer or your ID on those.

As for the old Toshiba inverter (not too sure what you mean by 3 compressor and 5 head units. Do you mean 3 outdoor units and 5 indoor wall mounted units?) If these are working fine, you can consider to keep them depending on your budget. Noise would most probably be due to aging and maybe also dirt. If you intend to keep the old units then better to have it checked and chemically overhauled after renovation so that the units are cleaned thoroughly. Personally I would still prefer to have it replaced since renovation is to be done.

Good Luck on your sourcing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thanks for the replies..
If they can remove the old ones, what should I be looking for a three bed-room place that also needs two / one unit for the hall / dining area?

Right now, there's an old Toshiba Invertor unit (three compressors for five head units?) . It worked well, but it was noiser than my non invertor Panasonic single unit.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies..

you can store your hi fi at my home. i would love to store for you free :D

beehive3783

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for lobang price for Toshiba system 4. Will be for my new place in Q2. Please PM me.

Looking at 4M26SACV, 1 unit M22SKCV, 1 unit M13SKCV and 2 units M10SKCV.
- 16mm OD x 13mm ID drainage pipe
- Armaflex Class 1 1/2" thk insulation
- 23 SWG (0.61mm thk) copper piping
- Standard HDB installation up to 15M for piping length
- Singapore brand wiring only (please specify brand)
- 3C70 wiring from isolator to condenser
- 3C40 wiring from condenser to FCU
- 2 trip installation
- Please specify warranty terms
- All prices must include GST

beehive3783

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my first quote based on my requirements. $44xx nett. Any guru care to comment whether it's cheap or expensive?

Looking for lobang price for Toshiba system 4. Will be for my new place in Q2. Please PM me.

Looking at 4M26SACV, 1 unit M22SKCV, 1 unit M13SKCV and 2 units M10SKCV.
- 16mm OD x 13mm ID drainage pipe
- Armaflex Class 1 1/2" thk insulation
- 23 SWG (0.61mm thk) copper piping
- Standard HDB installation up to 15M for piping length
- Singapore brand wiring only (please specify brand)
- 3C70 wiring from isolator to condenser
- 3C40 wiring from condenser to FCU
- 2 trip installation
- Please specify warranty terms
- All prices must include GST

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My sis went to check out the Panasonic sys 3.

They offer to upgrade the copper piping and insulation for another $180 - is that really necessary?

An experts can give advice?

Then we currently have a steel bracket for the existing Daikin condenser, so can retain it for the Panasonic one?

On a budget, so must save whatever can save :D

The sales guy also tried to push for Fujitsu - he say it's DC inverter so can save even more energy than non-DC ones e.g. Mitsubishi Starmex energy thingey is 1.4 vs Fujitsu's 0.7. That like quite a lot!

What do you guys think?

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my first quote based on my requirements. $44xx nett. Any guru care to comment whether it's cheap or expensive?

quite standard pricing. Gain City also this price coz i'm looking at this configuration too. The lowest I can find is ard 4.3k from Tim in Renotalk butI cant seems to find reviews on him anywhere even though he is not a newbie.

thomasngo

Reaction score
replacement of existing aircon system

hi,

i am considering to replace my existing daikin aircon system for my condo unit.
currently my aircon system configuration is as following;
For Living Room - System 1 (5.5kw, approx. 18090btu/hr)
For Master bedroom - System 1 (1.03kw, approx. 9924btu/hr)
For other bedroom - System 3 (1.03kw, approx. 9924btu/hr each)

would like a quote for mitsubishi inverter air-con with similar configuration. also i want to use back the existing pipes.

can any good supplier quote me your best price.

terumo

Reaction score
To plasticpistola,

Upgrade of materials will depends on ur piping routing & usage rate.
Panasonic now having promo, so prices should be quite attractive... :)
I will prefer Pana over Fujitsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.