Reaction score
i tot the specs are similar? instead ino scout got much more battery power

iNo 2 has 4.3" screen, Scout has 4.0"
iNo 2 has 960 x 540 pixels, Scout has 854×480 pixels
iNo 2 has Quad Core 1.3Ghz, Scount has Quad Core 1.2Ghz
iNo 2 has 8 GB ROM, Scout has 4 GB ROM

spinball

Reaction score
Just to update all that after exchanging my pre-CNY set to my current set, peeling paint job and shutdown still happen . But the paint job is alot tougher now as compared to my first set. So i can live with this.

As for the shutdown, it had happened twice. My observation of both shutdown is that the phone is warm to the touch. Could it be something inside the phone heats up and caused a shutdown? I don't know.

Btw, any know if there's any apps that i can use to monitor the phone performance and writes a log file into the phone that i can retrieve to review the data? Something like monitor the internal temperature, CPU performance, 3G performance etc and log them into a data file. Maybe can use this to see what's the phone like before it shuts down.

Lastly, any bro here found any after-market case? Really need a TPU type case or risk dropping the phone.

Saw on their website yesterday. They mentioned that the auto shutdown is caused by a missing driver in the firmware.... well, guess that it affects all the ino 2...

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Saw on their website yesterday. They mentioned that the auto shutdown is caused by a missing driver in the firmware.... well, guess that it affects all the ino 2...

Really? Mine has never auto shut down once before

cy

Reaction score
OK thanks for e pointer. We shall see cos some BRO here never had this shutdown prob. I'm not fully convince though.....

MicTan87

Reaction score
OK thanks for e pointer. We shall see cos some BRO here never had this shutdown prob. I'm not fully convince though.....

It shout be the hardware of the phone that cause the auto shutdown problem. My ino two phone had the auto shutdown problem when I buy it the 1st time and when to the service centre to exchange the phone and the staff at the service centre told me it the hardware that cause the auto shutdown. Now there are no auto shutdown problem for the exchange phone. Just bring your phone to the service centre for 1 to 1 exchange as the problem is the hardware.

cy

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm gonna do it this weekend. I'm giving it one last chance.

MicTan87

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm gonna do it this weekend. I'm giving it one last chance.

You will need to check the phone after you exchange the phone. The staff there may change with you another damage phone when other customer exchange with them. Make sure you check there are no silver paint dropping and test the phone before you go off.

spinball

Reaction score
It shout be the hardware of the phone that cause the auto shutdown problem. My ino two phone had the auto shutdown problem when I buy it the 1st time and when to the service centre to exchange the phone and the staff at the service centre told me it the hardware that cause the auto shutdown. Now there are no auto shutdown problem for the exchange phone. Just bring your phone to the service centre for 1 to 1 exchange as the problem is the hardware.

Hmm.... now confused.... anyway... see the following website:
iNO 2 – Technical Support | iNO Mobile

MicTan87

Reaction score
Hmm.... now confused.... anyway... see the following website:
iNO 2 – Technical Support | iNO Mobile

If it the software that cause the auto shutdown then all the ino 2 phone will have the auto shutdown problem as the phone software are the same. And now is not all ino 2 phone had the auto shutdown problem. Do you think it the software that cause the auto shutdown?

zekai

Reaction score
If it the software that cause the auto shutdown then all the ino 2 phone will have the auto shutdown problem as the phone software are the same. And now is not all ino 2 phone had the auto shutdown problem. Do you think it the software that cause the auto shutdown?

conclusion: this is a very unstable product.

feitz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible scenario could be that there are 2 types of ino 2 with 2 type/revision of internal component (bluetooth, wifi... etc) and only one version of software that only supports one revision of internal component driver?

Thus some people with v010 hardware face problem while other ino2 are ok?

Just guessing...

spinball

Reaction score
Possible scenario could be that there are 2 types of ino 2 with 2 type/revision of internal component (bluetooth, wifi... etc) and only one version of software that only supports one revision of internal component driver?

Thus some people with v010 hardware face problem while other ino2 are ok?

Just guessing...

Haha... agreed... think INO messed up their firmware release... some phones might have some missing drivers that caused the "unable to wake up from sleep" problem... while some phones got the required drivers, so no problem.... even though the firmware version might be the same for both.... not sure... just guessing...

Unlikely is hardware issues unless we are talking about "battery problem" that caused the issue.... Just hope they patch up all the known issues and quickly release a new firmware update...

spinball

Reaction score

For those with "Sleep of Death" problem... workaround is to install the app “Captivate Keep Alive” from Play Store as suggested by INO tech support...

This app prevents the processor from fully sleeping while the battery is above a threshold you set – which stops the random shutdowns. Try setting a lower threshold....

It seems to work... used to have the unable to power up after phone goes to sleep mode... after using that app, no longer have that problem for 2 weeks so far... but it does consume a bit of battery power....

MicTan87

Reaction score
Haha... agreed... think INO messed up their firmware release... some phones might have some missing drivers that caused the "unable to wake up from sleep" problem... while some phones got the required drivers, so no problem.... even though the firmware version might be the same for both.... not sure... just guessing...

Unlikely is hardware issues unless we are talking about "battery problem" that caused the issue.... Just hope they patch up all the known issues and quickly release a new firmware update...

It up to the user of the phone. If the user can use a phone that keep on auto shutdown and think it the software that cause the problem then just wait for the new software that ino mobile is talking about. If can't wait just go to the service centre to exchange the phone.

chiawy

Reaction score
iNO Scout

iNO Scout

12986369433_40d0527dce.jpg

12986688684_ff0237764c.jpg

12986604744_20d102ae6a.jpg

12986664824_1bf2d8fae2.jpg

12986582184_6d857d2a01.jpg

Last edited:

chiawy

Reaction score
Hi, did you managed to test out the phone? can you provide additional details about the phone such as the colors available etc. because the website itself doesn't display much. thank you!

The iNO Scout in the photo belongs to my colleague, never tested it. Think there's only 1 color for iNO Scout

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.