Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
here the news on G3
d02e8079404e43df8b3e8b369adebce1.jpg

5.5 INCH
2K display - 534ppi

source

might be the 1st local handset with 2k display. after VVIO xplay 3s and OPPO Find 7

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with the increased screen size and speaker taking up space in front, this will be "much" longer than G2... every 0.1 mm counts...

newouverture

Reaction score
Why must the keep increasing the screen size every year? I think in 10yrs time, all of us will be holding a 8" phone?

This is 5.5" already reach note2 size, too big to handle imo as a phone.

They should have kept the same size and just improve some other aspects. Yes, bigger body can put in a bigger battery, but bigger screen also takes up more juice, LPPL.

I guess the smartphone industry has become stagnant. Nothing else to upgrade, just keep increasing cpu speed, screen size and new android (not much change anyway), nothing much to look forward to liao.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hopefully it comes! still getting a gpro 2 first while waiting

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The volume up down button now become horizontal? That's a bit weird isn't it?

5.5'' is kind of 'too big' IMO. Then what will happen to their Pro series? Merge huh?

2k display sia. I think 1080 is already damn awesomely good. In fact can barely spot the different between 1080 and 720 (under normal usage), unless you stare at the font closely. Is there really a need for 2k display?

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The volume up down button now become horizontal? That's a bit weird isn't it?

5.5'' is kind of 'too big' IMO. Then what will happen to their Pro series? Merge huh?

2k display sia. I think 1080 is already damn awesomely good. In fact can barely spot the different between 1080 and 720 (under normal usage), unless you stare at the font closely. Is there really a need for 2k display?

wait u see sony xperia z3, even satki. 4k display. rumoured aug out.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G3 gona unveil in May..wah so fast .. barely half a year after G2

"5.5” display with QHD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels) and Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC."

still very 期待 :D

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
October I can recontract to G2 or G Pro 2. Hopefully dirt cheap. Then note 3 give my dad.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For today's standard and the rich multimedia contents and more graphical usage in social apps, consumers really need bigger screen size to be able to truly enjoy with their mobile phones. :s22:

So, 5.5" is just the right minimum size for new breed and new generation of consumers! We can't care much about old-fashioned minded consumers now whom even think that a 5" display is already too big as well as in the phone size as a result of increased screen size.!:s8:

Also, 2K display is wasted on tiny screen. Therefore, it has to be at least a 5.5" to make any sense out of non-sense's HTC M8!:s8:

6 months later, any phone with a 5.5" will be considered a small screen phone! That's how the trend will be and the majority of new generstion of consumers want! :)

Last edited:

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really funny. I now using note 3 and find it too big. In fact i have been using note 1 before it.

Yesterday I took my 4.5 inch HTC desire 310 out for shopping. Very happy with the size. I will probably buy a 5 inch phone when I can renew contract in Oct.

Last edited:

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the moment the phone have difficulties going into my jean pocket, that phone is too big le

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it is so, then it is such a beauty. Very sleek in design. :)

Persie

Reaction score
hope it comes with snapdragon 805 instead of 801,so that it can trumph current competition...i hope 2k screen is not going to affect battery life...seriously, is QHD really different from FHD as seen with our human eye?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.