[guangzhou] recommend things to eat/shop/sight-see

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guangzhou

Hi china experts,

Will be going china (Guangzhou) with my gf next month to do a wholesale shopping.is our first time going there. Is there any recommendation for cheap hotels and any good scenery to go? And anything i need to take note and beware?

Looking forward for ur tips and advice. Thank u in advance!

Reaction score
Hi china experts,

Will be going china (Guangzhou) with my gf next month to do a wholesale shopping.is our first time going there. Is there any recommendation for cheap hotels and any good scenery to go? And anything i need to take note and beware?

Looking forward for ur tips and advice. Thank u in advance!

I personally love shamian island :)
very indie and laidback

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info above. Is Bauhinia Hotel a good and reasonable hotel? Or is there any better one out there near the wholesale place and the price are reasonable.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info above. Is Bauhinia Hotel a good and reasonable hotel? Or is there any better one out there near the wholesale place and the price are reasonable.

Bauhinia hotel not bad, rating not bad, but room very small around 15m2.
Booked before zhuhai economic hotel, not bad executive room inside have a desktop. Stayed before grand continental, room clean, but their staff like some teenagers not professional. Booked one triple room for 68 sing dollars one night, checked in at 3am, having take tiger. Then they say no more room, so gave mi one suite and one superior room. No bath tub, but both have oven.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
You can check out the HomeInns and 7 Days Inn networks in Guangzhou. They have several branches in the Yuexiu district.

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey when wil you be reaching Guangzhou? I am goin there too from 9 april onwards, will be staying at Shanshui Trends Hotel directly above Guangzhou Dongzhan Metro Station.

However, you have to take Metro from here to 海珠广场 Station to reach Yuexiu District.

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bros will check out it more. Appreciated much.

Teddy123: I I will be traveling on April 8. U frequently to to china gz?

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bros will check out it more. Appreciated much.

Teddy123: I I will be traveling on April 8. U frequently to to china gz?

Not really, but at least twice per year bah. A lot of wholesale market there. Wat are you getting there? For personal use or biz? :s8:

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really, but at least twice per year bah. A lot of wholesale market there. Wat are you getting there? For personal use or biz? :s8:

I see i see. For biz use.. How about you? Personal trip or biz? So u have explore all the secrecy there?

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see i see. For biz use.. How about you? Personal trip or biz? So u have explore all the secrecy there?

Guangzhou is too big liao, esp the wholesale mkt. Which product are u looking at? Clothes? Shoes? Toys? Or u have fren recommendation liao?

A lot of wholesale shops there, u have to shop ard for best deals and bargaining skills, and also reliable.

w_sieng

Reaction score
hello guys, any recommendation for hotel for 1 person stay? near the train station preferably.

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be going for stationary and clothing. I don't hav friends recommend. That why I post here to seek for expert advice.. U gt any itinerary can share?':)

Guangzhou is too big liao, esp the wholesale mkt. Which product are u looking at? Clothes? Shoes? Toys? Or u have fren recommendation liao?

A lot of wholesale shops there, u have to shop ard for best deals and bargaining skills, and also reliable.

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be going for stationary and clothing. I don't hav friends recommend. That why I post here to seek for expert advice.. U gt any itinerary can share?':)

Wholesale garment/clothes in GZ usually only allow you to buy in bulk and not one or five pieces. Some shops would want to have your namecard too. Of cos there will be shops doing retail but if the operations hasn't changed much over the past few years, there aren't many shops doing that.

On a side note, I'll be in GZ next week till end of the month. Sourcing too. But for different products.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wholesale garment/clothes in GZ usually only allow you to buy in bulk and not one or five pieces. Some shops would want to have your namecard too. Of cos there will be shops doing retail but if the operations hasn't changed much over the past few years, there aren't many shops doing that.

On a side note, I'll be in GZ next week till end of the month. Sourcing too. But for different products.

Went before to GZ twice, but beijing road, got ppl selling cheap necklace etc :)

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah so many GZ wholesale buyers here, wat products u sourcing? Some shops do sell individual items, not necessary buying in bulk, but u have to bargain by tellin the shopowners others are selling cheaper. A lot of shops selling the same item at the same stretch.

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any sightseeing tour that we can engage? mine gf more to shopping. for me is more to sightseeing. any kind advice?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.