Microsoft Surface

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can I get "cheaper" surface pro accessories?

Things like HDMI adapter.

Is there OEM kind? :X

md iszaki

Reaction score
Hey bros and gals, I ve been using my beloved sony vaio for the past 6 years and it has reached its lifespan. Its time to replace it. Im just a simple lehman guy /student who wants to get the job done for my fyp diploma(starting today) and reports on time. Im spoilt wif 3 options.I belive the surface 2 meets my needs and surface pro has more productivity yet I missed the IT show promo. Surface pro 2, will definitely be underutilised by me. Please advice.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juz went yesterday to funan and sim lim. They best they could offer me was 32sd card coz the free touch cover promo was over.

Get 64gb sdcard from them. Maybe we order type cover from Amazon together. I think could be cheaper than sg

kokchoong

Reaction score
Get 64gb sdcard from them. Maybe we order type cover from Amazon together. I think could be cheaper than sg

If you have friends in or going to HK, can ask them to help you buy the type cover 2. Around 1k HKD (SGD160+). Plenty of stocks as at end Feb.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
I am told increase is from current 4 hours to 5.5 hours. I doubt it can be 10 hours battery life since even MacBook Air can't do that.

thats why I'm also tempted to get the pro 1. because 400-500 is too good for just a couple of hours extra. which we can augment when the power cover is release in future.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same thoughts. I got it due to savings. My friend told me good buy considering the price of the tablet and also the improvement for Pro2. I think if they sell $699, confirm whole world Surface Pro no stock.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder if buy at challenger, for members will have members discount or not?

No discount. Challenger stock very low already. Plaza Singapura sold out. Nex I think barely have stock when my bro check last week. Other branch not sure

Last edited:

miragez

Reaction score
I am told increase is from current 4 hours to 5.5 hours. I doubt it can be 10 hours battery life since even MacBook Air can't do that.

But some reviews shows that improvement is rather big for battery life between 7hrs to 10 hrs. Do not forget that the processor is also an upgraded version. As of current 3 gen Ivy chipset. If you need that extra juice on the go would it not be better to get surface pro 2 ? 3 to 4 hrs... just outside doing work... the time pass so fast that you be trying to find a power socket.

review 1

review 2 ( like the way they test stuff )

review 3

Maybe those with surface pro 1 and pro 2 already can comment their personal experience more to allow better understanding of the real differences in working on a 3-4 hrs and a 7 to 8hrs surface. This is valuable input as compare to those review I publish above to tally their test.

kentgh

Reaction score
No discount. Challenger stock very low already. Plaza Singapura sold out. Nex I think barely have stock when my bro check last week. Other branch not sure

Actually everywhere either very low stock or no stock already. Manage to hoot the last set from Newstead at Funan, which gives free power adapter. I also hoot their last touch cover. :D

HN Funan $818 no freebie. Challenger (main branch) no freebie but selling $818 with very low stock (he said left 3) as the other smaller branch no stock. They ran out of any type of covers.

Actually wanted to get it from HN Millenia, which still gives free touch cover, but they ran out of stock. They told me Pro 2 is coming so will not replenish the stock.

kentgh

Reaction score
But some reviews shows that improvement is rather big for battery life between 7hrs to 10 hrs. Do not forget that the processor is also an upgraded version. As of current 3 gen Ivy chipset. If you need that extra juice on the go would it not be better to get surface pro 2 ? 3 to 4 hrs... just outside doing work... the time pass so fast that you be trying to find a power socket.

review 1

review 2 ( like the way they test stuff )

review 3

Maybe those with surface pro 1 and pro 2 already can comment their personal experience more to allow better understanding of the real differences in working on a 3-4 hrs and a 7 to 8hrs surface. This is valuable input as compare to those review I publish above to tally their test.

With the initial launch price of $1328 for the 128gb Pro 1, I suspect the new 128gb Pro2 will also be launch at similar price bracket. That will be $500 difference with current Pro 1 pricing of $818.

Don't think the $500 warranty an improve battery life, better graphics, 2 stage kickstand and slightly faster processor (if SG get the i5-4300U & not i5-4200U).

If you're not into gaming & with the Power Cover coming soon for the added battery juice, the $818 pricing is a real steal for the Pro 1. :D

md iszaki

Reaction score
The promo for surface pro is a steal if it has type cover, great if its come wif touch cover. Without them, the touch cover or type alone will cost atleast $100 . So $818 for surface pro is a gd deal.

The type cover 2 will cost $183
Touch cover 2 $168

Most probably they will be launching this fri, cant wait~!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.