Wireless IP Camera thread

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Yes but u can just extend from the nearest existing power point. Not difficult if u can handle a drill. Just buy the trunking from a hardware shop and follow the skirting where possible.

It's difficult if you don't want trunking and with the wire running in the false ceiling.

wtfh4x

Master Member
Reaction score
Could someone advise me on how to connect a IP Camera to a router on a different floor without using a Powerline Adaptor? I doubt the Powerline Adaptor will work because it turns out the top and bottom floors of the house are on different circuits and connected to different circuit breakers. Thanks.

johnboatcat

Reaction score
EYE4 For Web on IE Browser?

Anyone have EYE4 For Web working in IE browser. IN IE version 11 I get the icons but nothing happens when I click on them. I have installed the plug-in/extension and it is enabled. If I try EYE4 in other browsers the icons open another window, but the plug-in is only for IE Browser. If you have it working then what version of IE? Thanks!

xxMoMo

Reaction score
Could someone advise me on how to connect a IP Camera to a router on a different floor without using a Powerline Adaptor? I doubt the Powerline Adaptor will work because it turns out the top and bottom floors of the house are on different circuits and connected to different circuit breakers. Thanks.

Many way can be done but can you explain your current setup of your network?

johnboatcat

Reaction score
What is the difference in the Vstar Model:T7833WIP-X3 and the Model:T7833WIP? The specs on the site are exactly the same.

johnboatcat

Reaction score
T7833WIP VSTARCAM

Well we were not getting much information out of the "experts", so I had to get one of these to see what was up. I guess others are more polite than I am or something, but I believe people come hear for facts. Here are some facts.

Heavier than you might think, but not to heavy. Might be tough to install on a ladder without some help or planning.

Watch out for the marketing bull from the company on their website and on the box. The box says in big letters that the camera has 3X zoom. It probably does but you can't use it without a lot of effort. The T7833WIP-X3 is the camera with the zoom you can use with software, not this one. Advertising 3X zoom that you can't use without a wrench is very poor customer relations and will come back to bite this company.

I have experience with other Vstarcam's and have had to muck through their bad and non-existent documentation before. This camera is no different. Ok, if all you are going to do is plug it in and log in from your phone it is sweet and easy. Anything else be ready for a challenge. If you could administer all of the parameters and settings of the camera through the phone apps, or super client software, I would give them a pass. You can't. You can do more and adjust more on the camera with the new apps and super client (EYE4), but you can't do it all. You will need the web or network interface.

The EYE4 web interface does not work with the current IE Browser version 11. The extension/plug-in loads but it is not able to use it. To get to the web interface I had to use the FIND software and connect through that. Click on the camera you want then click on open on the right lower side. Have IE Browser as your default browser. On mine (Version 11), after log in I get a jumbled screen. Right click on the blue circle on the top right somewhere and click open in new tab. The new tab on mine opens and works perfectly. Don't even ask how I figured all that out!

I also found out that if Chrome is your default browser it will open and you can choose Server Push Mode and it works fine in lower resolution than IE.

Some good basic instructions on the net in Russian. Use Chrome to translate. (zzzhttp://www. shopoleg. com.ua/page/obzor-T7833WIP-X3zzz ) Follow the links at the bottom of the page. Only real instructions I could find other than a couple SD card install videos.

Good quality camera, by the way. Once you get it the way you want it it will perform better than most, and the quality image is there like you need. I will stop by when I figure out more on how it operates. If I could just find out the name of one of those cute girls on their corporate youtube video maybe I could schmooz her in to getting me some better support!

surefire888

Reaction score
Just want to make sure our bros here will not be carried away with wire extensions as there are limitations. If you dont know what AWG means you can google it or PM me. I'm a technical person. Not so easily offended.

Obviously, u must have been offended seeing as u keep trying to get the last word in..lol :s13: As for me, i have wasted enough time on this "discussion"

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score

What the hack. You can drop a CAT 6E from the higher floor through the kitchen window. Hope it helps.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.