[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last night was such a torture cooking the pork belly! why the oil kept splattering non stop when I put it on the pan :( it didn't happen to other type of meat thou

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last night was such a torture cooking the pork belly! why the oil kept splattering non stop when I put it on the pan :( it didn't happen to other type of meat thou

you got dry your pork belly before cooking not?

try medium to medium high heat instead of high heat?

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you got dry your pork belly before cooking not?

try medium to medium high heat instead of high heat?

dry it? usually when i cook other meat i dont dry it too thoroughly.. just rinse dry can already.

oh man. i will try to dry it better next time

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dry it? usually when i cook other meat i dont dry it too thoroughly.. just rinse dry can already.

oh man. i will try to dry it better next time

but once the rendered lard starts flowing out, any contact with water will splatter one.

it's the same for all high temp cooking with animal fats. splattering will occur instead of sizzling whenever moisture is present.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but once the rendered lard starts flowing out, any contact with water will splatter one.

it's the same for all high temp cooking with animal fats. splattering will occur instead of sizzling whenever moisture is present.

okay.. so the only way the prevent it is to make it very very dry before cooking?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.