Wireless IP Camera thread

wtfh4x

Master Member
Reaction score

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Hi guys i working on an school project and would have to mount a IP Camera on it, so that i would be able to see what the camera have seen on my PC live.

Can anyone recommend a cheap camera where i would still be able to see in dark areas? The project i will be working on will be a Search and Rescue robot. Thus the robot will definitely be going into dark areas.

Second question, will the wireless be difficult to set up? Especially since i have no experience in this area.

Thanks!

Hakkaa, may I know what you are trying to rescue? Any chance of explosion caused by gas or fuel leakages? If not you can PM me.

johnboatcat

Reaction score
MARIX Sales Team that is very nice of you to help and sponsor his cameras for his project. Thumbs up! Also, thank you for the clarification. Vstar is really hurting themselves with this type of confusion and their support. When you look at their BBS posts that do not have an answer it is the majority. Also a large number of deleted posts. I agree with G- that it is smart for your local customers to purchase from you because of the support. Customers need to realize that all technology is not the same and home monitoring cameras are not easy like a television. Most people will need some after the sale support and you do not get much from the manufacturer. Customers you will have to depend on your seller.

johnboatcat

Reaction score
G- Are you saying yes you could add a camera, or no you could not? Thanks! Also what operating system and version of IE Browser do you use?

johnboatcat

Reaction score
When I ask a question on Vstar BBS that they don't seem to like because there is probably no positive answer this is what I get:

"Sorry﹐Specified topic does not exist or has been removed or are being audits"

3 out of my 4 questions get this and the 4th is unanswered.

I guess that keeps their bosses from seeing that they have problems. Hey, let's just erase the hard questions that point to the fact our software does not work well and when it does it is on outdated computer platforms!

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
When I ask a question on Vstar BBS that they don't seem to like because there is probably no positive answer this is what I get:

I guess that keeps their bosses from seeing that they have problems. Hey, let's just erase the hard questions that point to the fact our software does not work well and when it does it is on outdated computer platforms!

Boatman,
You really need to try EasyN. I really like your frankness.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
G- Are you saying yes you could add a camera, or no you could not? Thanks! Also what operating system and version of IE Browser do you use?

Bro, if I am using the Eye4 Client for Windows, yes, I can add. If you are talking about the IE11 Eye4 (Web) then it cannot work. There is a java script error on the page which creates a blank page top / blank white bottom.

If on IE 10, no problem using the APP on WEB

FYI, I just submitted the error to MARIX Support, they will forward to the internal support/R&D team

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score

Forget about their BBS. Its a crap forum managed by their team. Information posted are not helpful at all. Some people feel that MARIX charges too high for the cameras. In fact, if you look at the time they spent to check on EACH model of the cameras before bringing it in to sell on the market, you know they are worth the price you are paying for.

But, that's just me.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Hakkaa,

You can look for MARIX for your project. Proven support in Singapore. Its very kind of them to offer sponsorship for your project. Thumbs Up Guys!

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
MO Time again. I ordered 50 units for another project of mine. So, you guys can tagged onto my order at following pricing.

1. T7835WIP @ $129
2. T7838WIP @ $139
3. T7837WIP-AR @ $159
4. T7850WIP @ $169

PM Me @ I will forward your details to MARIX under my MO. Paiseh... I think they only bring in my stocks so MO pple may have to wait a bit longer

Last edited:

johnboatcat

Reaction score
Finally got a response from their email support.

"hi
eye4 web interface may be a bit of a problem, our engineers are currently being processed, can be set via the Finder into the WEB interface parameters - Camera Settings - User settings which set three permissions. But if it can only be accessed through the UID for the admin ID
Thanks to the support of vstarcam"

What this seems to mean is their EYE4 web interface does not work and they advertise and allow you to set three user permission types but you can only access the camera using one. Nice work Vstar!

Vstar let me give you a hint. Companies that use their customers as unwilling beta testers usually fail very quickly as customers and sellers quickly learn not to trust your lies and advertising. No need to thank me.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally got a response from their email support.

"hi
eye4 web interface may be a bit of a problem, our engineers are currently being processed, can be set via the Finder into the WEB interface parameters - Camera Settings - User settings which set three permissions. But if it can only be accessed through the UID for the admin ID
Thanks to the support of vstarcam"

What this seems to mean is their EYE4 web interface does not work and they advertise and allow you to set three user permission types but you can only access the camera using one. Nice work Vstar!

Vstar let me give you a hint. Companies that use their customers as unwilling beta testers usually fail very quickly as customers and sellers quickly learn not to trust your lies and advertising. No need to thank me.

Agree with you on this one. Thats why Marix still ask their clients to download the vscam n super client instead which r more stable. Even when I ask them about the new eye4. The engineers tells me "if u want stability, use the vscam n super client. Eye4 still not mature in terms of stability."

They r trying too hard

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm now looking forward to the new camera development from marix. Their own housebrand instead. At least they know what end user wants. So skip eye4 n use back the vscam n super client. trust me, u will have an easier life.

It seems to me that marix have stopped doing qc on vstarcam's development. Else, based on the boss' character, i'm sure he will never allow such things to happen.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
For those keen on getting the T7837WIP-AR, note that the stupid alarm audio n instruction manual is in chinese. Not english. Marix is doing translation for the guides now. But firmware wise still need to wait for factory... DUH.

And you will need to use eye4 app on mobile to configure n add sensors, arm n disarm the alarm.

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
U can ask them if you want since U represent easyn in SG. But i already saw the working sample at their office when I went over to check my stocks.

G - I don't mean to sound stupid but what exactly is your relationship with MARIX?

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
eye4 sounds a mouthful actually. When pronounce quickly, sounds like eye sore. This is my advise to them. And WIP is short for works in progress. Hope they will change this in future.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.