[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Somatic3

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So when is teh nehneh session

Manslut say nx week.

I pick tuesday. If cfm nx tues evening.

I am on 29th floor.. but I walk far for lunch.. haha.. and walked fast to and back.. hahahaha..

frankly I do feel different on lchf.. not sluggish.. and not sleep in the afternoon... so I feel the scales should move more.. but could be its still early stage and my body is readjusting...

It's still early. at the 3rd week of switching back to LCHF I feel slightly more energetic after the Carb Flu.

TBH don't keep looking at the scales...

I took 13 Months to lose 27KG... it's not that fast as it stalled for quite some time from my 4th - 8th mth.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
came across the article;

"Experts estimate that our ancestors consumed a one-to-one ratio of calories from meats to produce. Since you have to eat a lot of salad to consume the same amount of calories in a steak, the paleo diet should ideally include mostly fruits and vegetables, Katz says. However, many people don't realize that and eat too much meat.

Consuming excess protein and not enough carbs can cause kidney damage and also increase your risk of osteoporosis, Dr. Ochner says. Plus, since most of today's meats are higher in saturated fat than those of yesteryear, it can increase the risk of heart disease, Dr. Katz says."

so vege and meat should be a 1:1 ratio in all meals right?
and carbs they were referring to are those healthy carbs from veg?

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
i also used to like extremely sweet red or white wines...

must be german riesling.... italian sweet red wines..

now the same riesling tastes too sweet liao... can go for dry wines lol
so atas. i can only afford to drink hua diao jiu :(

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
Zumba to me quite cheesy LOL .. yah dancing is really great and fun for ppl that hate jogging. I do latino aerobics. My class all aunties so no need to shy hahaha... even tho they dance much better than me :(

i dont. haha. too shy to dance around with strangers.
my friend do. and she looks good! arms and limbs all very tone

my gf zumba in some studio in chinatown.. pay per session $20.

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
came across the article;

"Experts estimate that our ancestors consumed a one-to-one ratio of calories from meats to produce. Since you have to eat a lot of salad to consume the same amount of calories in a steak, the paleo diet should ideally include mostly fruits and vegetables, Katz says. However, many people don't realize that and eat too much meat.

Consuming excess protein and not enough carbs can cause kidney damage and also increase your risk of osteoporosis, Dr. Ochner says. Plus, since most of today's meats are higher in saturated fat than those of yesteryear, it can increase the risk of heart disease, Dr. Katz says."

so vege and meat should be a 1:1 ratio in all meals right?
and carbs they were referring to are those healthy carbs from veg?

Kidney damage no unless you have existing kidney problems.

Osteoporosis no And already debunked. On the contrary you need meat and innards for strong bones.

Last, sat fat and heart disease? Did you read the links on the first page?

Last edited:

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
I am on 29th floor.. but I walk far for lunch.. haha.. and walked fast to and back.. hahahaha..

frankly I do feel different on lchf.. not sluggish.. and not sleep in the afternoon... so I feel the scales should move more.. but could be its still early stage and my body is readjusting...

jia you ah.

you can quit kopi siu dai in 3 weeks.

kopi siu dai was my drug. I finally made a decision to switch to kopi c kosong after quite some time. now used to it, kopi o kosong also can.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kidney damage no unless you have existing kidney problems.

Osteoporosis no And already debunked. On the contrary you need meat and innards for strong bones.

Last, sat fat and heart disease? Did you read the links on the first page?

yea
I was googling Paelo diet for my friends and came across this.
It's easier to convince them to go on paelo than lchf hence I happen to see this. and just wondering about the statement made by different article

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
yea
It's easier to convince them to go on paelo than lchf hence I happen to see this. and just wondering about the statement made by different article

cos ancestors don't eat big portions like modern people (especially americans).

we don't need a lot of protein.

"I’m not suggesting that you eat all the protein you want as long as you’re exercising or elderly. I’ve even softened my “high-protein” leanings over the years, advocating instead for a more moderate approach. One gram protein per pound of lean tissue is plenty for most active people, and many can get by on half that.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-a...ally-as-bad-for-you-as-smoking/#ixzz2vjBAEpGr"

http://chriskresser.com/how-to-prevent-kidney-stones-naturally

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/low-carb-diet-side-effects.html
"Dietitans will bring this side effect up when they are trying to convince people that ketogenic diets are dangerous. They base this on the reports of higher rates of calcium based kidney stones reported by physicians who administer ketogenic diets for children with epilepsy. The latest research on stone formation on ketogenic diets suggests that stones form more easily in the presence of not enough water, too much sodium and not enough potassium in the diet. See this paper. Low carb foods which are high in potassium include avocado, no or low fat yogurt, chicken, meats, fish and dark leafy greens.

So, there you are. These low carb diet side effects are just minor issues, and over a period of several weeks, they will get better and finally subside. After that, you ought to be feeling pretty darned good!"

Last edited:

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea

It's always easiest to let them see your before and after pictures la. Skeptical as they may be, blood test result and your new body look will smash their argument of saturated fat and protein as unhealthy.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
yea
just show them a link to the first page of this forum.

if they don't bother to read, it means they are too ignorant. no need waste time to do these research for them.

i showed my friends this bacon bagel low carb infographic they don't even believe: http://gurumagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/A-Tale-of-Two-Meals-v3.png

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos ancestors don't eat big portions like modern people (especially americans).

we don't need a lot of protein.

"I’m not suggesting that you eat all the protein you want as long as you’re exercising or elderly. I’ve even softened my “high-protein” leanings over the years, advocating instead for a more moderate approach. One gram protein per pound of lean tissue is plenty for most active people, and many can get by on half that.

Read more: Is a High Protein Diet Really As Bad for You As Smoking? | Mark's Daily Apple"

How to Prevent Kidney Stones Naturally

Low Carb Diet Side Effects
"Dietitans will bring this side effect up when they are trying to convince people that ketogenic diets are dangerous. They base this on the reports of higher rates of calcium based kidney stones reported by physicians who administer ketogenic diets for children with epilepsy. The latest research on stone formation on ketogenic diets suggests that stones form more easily in the presence of not enough water, too much sodium and not enough potassium in the diet. See this paper. Low carb foods which are high in potassium include avocado, no or low fat yogurt, chicken, meats, fish and dark leafy greens.

So, there you are. These low carb diet side effects are just minor issues, and over a period of several weeks, they will get better and finally subside. After that, you ought to be feeling pretty darned good!"

i saw this part;

While eating Paleo does not equal low carb, it’s a common situation, especially if someone is new to the diet and doesn’t understand that foods like white potatoes are okay for most people to eat. (In fact, it might be good to alternate sweet potatoes with white potatoes regularly, since sweet potatoes are very high in oxalate which could contribute to stone formation!)

Jaminet recommends a minimum of 20% to 30% of energy intake coming from carbohydrates. (19) For a moderately active woman eating 2,000 calories per day, that’s 100-150 grams of carbohydrate from fruits, starchy vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes, white rice, and some dairy if tolerated. For a moderately active male eating 2600 calories, they might need more like 180-200 grams of carbohydrates per day.

so what's this about white potato and rice? ok to eat?

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's always easiest to let them see your before and after pictures la. Skeptical as they may be, blood test result and your new body look will smash their argument of saturated fat and protein as unhealthy.

they saw that i lose weight and several colleagues started talking about me some time back haha
but they kept saying that i eat like a goat?
MEH.
and is reluctant to convert. kept trying to tell me that without rice and bread they will get very hungry and their life is over.
so now im looking up articles and highlighting the main points for them. i tried pasting the links for them but they wont bother to read haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.