[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go gym a bit different story.. a bit more complicated. depends on how intense his workouts are and his goals.

LCHF is good if just want to get jacked and ripped while maintaining muscle mass.

I think he MUST eat like 90% fats the first month, for the body to switch from glucose burning to fat burning mode. so as to assure that when he starts working out no muscle will be loss.

eat 1.5g/kg of his lean body mass (body weight - body fats) to repair muscles

other stuffs ask the fitzais here bah. i ain't no fitzai.

ahhh icic ok thanks
cos now he lost like 10kg? and wants to tone up the flabby parts.

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
body building... is a different matter altogether.

a good point to note is, during the transition period, it is important to maintain 90% fats intake. however once u are keto adapted, it is generally 60-70% of ur daily calorific intake that comes from fats.

for a newly adapted lchf individual, it is now imperative to balance your daily calories 60-70 fats, 20-30 protein, and abt 10% carbs. carbs come from dark leafy greens, mushrooms, berries, some nuts.

even if u wish to increase ur carbs intake, do so with natural, complex carbs.

for eg. i have had chest pains initially after going on LCHF, and realised that without rice and bananas, it is easy to go low on potassium. fix it with mushrooms.

because a calorie is not simply a calorie. each type of food has its own unique blend of micronutrients, ie ur multivitamins and minerals. im not gonna simply eat bacon for the rest of my life just because it is >70% fats (in calories).

then comes BB. the usual knowledge applies, ie u need to increase ur protein intake so the usual macros may not be optimal for muscular growth. a BB also has to watch his/her nutrients because the lack of it can cause other side effects or muscle atrophy. that is what we want to avoid.

Good thing is on LCHF, a keto-adapted BB will less likely experience muscle atrophy as his ATP(energy) comes from ketones, which is from fats. therefore if one goes low on food consumption, it will be compensated with energy from bodyfats. also, the afterburn from the intense workout, will burn bodyfats as well.

there is no quick answer for LCHF on BB.... because intermittent fasting can also be applied etc etc...

Last edited:

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
ahhh. okay. generally toning dont need then?
im not a hardcore gymmer but after some cardio like lifting, i do see my abdomen muscles getting in shape and my arms

the food u eat.... has protein leh...

eggs are high in fats but has protein...

so does bacon and fish...

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
chey..
anyway i tot u meant must have high protein diet in order for muscle to take place.

its relative.... each body requires different amount of protein...

it cannot be i am eating 200g of protein everyday and insist u do the same...

and protein synthesis does not happen automatically upon ingestion of protein.

high protein? not really. but higher protein? definitely.

how u measure then, will be determined by ur own results.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its relative.... each body requires different amount of protein...

it cannot be i am eating 200g of protein everyday and insist u do the same...

and protein synthesis does not happen automatically upon ingestion of protein.

high protein? not really. but higher protein? definitely.

how u measure then, will be determined by ur own results.

so meaning to say that, if a person wants to build big and more muscle, he/she the percentage of protein will increase relatively more right.
so the percentile will be the same as fats? like 40% fats 40% protein 10% carbs? or still remain higher fats eg. 60%?

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
so meaning to say that, if a person wants to build big and more muscle, he/she the percentage of protein will increase relatively more right.
so the percentile will be the same as fats? like 40% fats 40% protein 10% carbs? or still remain higher fats eg. 60%?

it would probably eat into the fats %.

because at 10% carbs, its really quite low. it is quite easy to exceed 10% with veggies, nuts, berries. in fact i have been quite relaxed on these rules and just make sure i take no added sugar and processed foods.

its a general guideline, and some ppl when they really check what they eat, its probably 15% carbs.

so maybe a BB can look at 45/40/15 of fats,protein,carbs.

we haven gone into replenishing the glycogen level of the muscles... which i'm not very good with at the moment :s13:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
BEEF:
Rump, Hump, Tenderloin with Bacon, Rump Cap* & Ribs*

LAMB:
Boneless Leg

CHICKEN:
Thigh, Heart*, Breast with Bacon*

FISH:
Grilled fish fillet

PORK:
Boneless leg, Sausage, Honey Ham & Rib*

which part of the beef is most tender ?

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
BEEF:
Rump, Hump, Tenderloin with Bacon, Rump Cap* & Ribs*

LAMB:
Boneless Leg

CHICKEN:
Thigh, Heart*, Breast with Bacon*

FISH:
Grilled fish fillet

PORK:
Boneless leg, Sausage, Honey Ham & Rib*

which part of the beef is most tender ?
IMO,
tenderloin.
chuck tender.
Topside

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.