HSBC Visa Infinite card

lingua101

Reaction score
ANZ has cards that are competitive and closely tweaked against HSBC.

Citibank if you like the freedom of their cards.

I got Citbank PM Visa and AMEX. None of these cards give limo service right? Only Citi PM Visa gives Priority Pass access 2x in a year. Althought, I can use the card for Citibank lounge access in CGK.

Should I apply for their expensive card? any usefulness?

ANZ I got Traveler Card liao... To get limo must charge $1500 right?

lingua101

Reaction score
ANZ switch is free for life

But ANZ switch does not have much benefit right?

I do not mind to pay if they give something like free miles. That's why actually I do not mind to pay HSBC VI of $488 if they give me 75,000 points....

lingua101

Reaction score
I use JetQuay cos I like to drive there myself...hahah

My business trips are typically quite short - usually 3-4 days and using JetQuay allows me to park there for free :D

Nothing special about JetQuay - food sucks hahah

Oh ya, I ran into Thaksin in JetQuay last year :s13:

Yeah many people do that, as it gives you free parking. Well too bad, I do not even own car :) Poor fellow here.

Did you notice that the immigration has been moved from 2nd floor to 1st floor? (Well actually quite soemtimes ago). I asked the staff who picked me up. She said yeah they relocate the immigration coz many complain as now the immigration office must see the face of the pasport holder and you cannot "force" the rich people who has been travelling by private jet to go up to 2nd floor to clear immigration.

Well I have not seen any famous people there. did Thaksin fly commercial or private?

lingua101

Reaction score
Actually, I come to realise most banks won't... hahaha. :D :D

OCBC Securities still have 13 cents in my trust account.
Every month they sent me statment :) I think the cost of sending me statment every month is more than 13 cents for sure.

The funny part is DBS. I just opened eMCA late January. So Feb should be the first month they paid interest. But I see nothing on my SGD and USD account.

I called then the girl said she needs to check with the relevant dept. Yesterday she called me and said the dept said they run (up or down??) the interest to the nearest cent. Then I told her, but I thought my SGD account should earn like $0.04xxx and USD is like $0.01xxx (and I think they got around the same amount). First she kept telling me that the bank round it to the nerest cents. then I think she realized. She put me on hold and then said she got my point and will check with relevants dept...

OMG!!!!

lingua101

Reaction score
Good idea...hahah

Amex has been sending me statements for a couple of years cos I have like 2 cents credit in a cancelled account...

Not cheap since they send the statement from HK...hahah

but did you opt for paper statemnt? you should opt for paper statement and then let them send you the statement every month.

Well i guess this is what I will do come in October :) Punish them!!!

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but did you opt for paper statemnt? you should opt for paper statement and then let them send you the statement every month.

Well i guess this is what I will do come in October :) Punish them!!!

Yup, still paper statements...hahah

Anyway, the CSO also damn clueless

I asked him if the account is closed and he confirmed it was...

Riddle me this Batman - since my account is confirmed to be closed, I can't technically owe them money or can I?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah many people do that, as it gives you free parking. Well too bad, I do not even own car :) Poor fellow here.

Did you notice that the immigration has been moved from 2nd floor to 1st floor? (Well actually quite soemtimes ago). I asked the staff who picked me up. She said yeah they relocate the immigration coz many complain as now the immigration office must see the face of the pasport holder and you cannot "force" the rich people who has been travelling by private jet to go up to 2nd floor to clear immigration.

Well I have not seen any famous people there. did Thaksin fly commercial or private?

Really meh? I thought it was all along on 1st floor (first used them in 2011?)

So far I only saw Thaksin

Otherwise, mostly ATs :s13:

lingua101

Reaction score
Yup, still paper statements...hahah

Anyway, the CSO also damn clueless

I asked him if the account is closed and he confirmed it was...

Riddle me this Batman - since my account is confirmed to be closed, I can't technically owe them money or can I?

Well they supposed to close my Visa Platinum card in Nov 2011 when they issued me Visa Infinite. Later on I found out from their agent (may be slip of tounge) that the account was only closed in August 2012.....

So you better keep the closure letter and scan it to archieve it just in case seomething happen in the future.

lingua101

Reaction score
Really meh? I thought it was all along on 1st floor (first used them in 2011?)

So far I only saw Thaksin

Otherwise, mostly ATs :s13:

Well, I remember when I first used it was on the 2nd floor. As I said I prefer not to use JetQuay as it will take me longer, but when I reuse it again toward the end of 2013, it was downstairs. I asked the girl if my memory was wrong and she confirmed it was moved and told me that reasons.

Who is ATs?

jermy76

Reaction score
Well, I remember when I first used it was on the 2nd floor. As I said I prefer not to use JetQuay as it will take me longer, but when I reuse it again toward the end of 2013, it was downstairs. I asked the girl if my memory was wrong and she confirmed it was moved and told me that reasons.

Who is ATs?

I would reckon AT means Ah Tiongs.....:s13:

coldmilk

Reaction score
I will be canceling my Infinite card after 2 years. Really pissed at the way they handled their loyal customers.

I will also cancel my priority banking with them as well. No point giving them my business if they don't appreciate it.

Besides I can always re-join (either Infinite card or their priority banking) later and I get to receive their welcome gifts again!

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll probably close my bank accounts with them too once my FD expires next week. Like you say, can always open again next time

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well they supposed to close my Visa Platinum card in Nov 2011 when they issued me Visa Infinite. Later on I found out from their agent (may be slip of tounge) that the account was only closed in August 2012.....

So you better keep the closure letter and scan it to archieve it just in case seomething happen in the future.

I don't have any closure letter :eek:

Only verbal confirmation :(

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they usually give free waiver for 1st year? Only intereated in the PP for sub card and other perks haha

lainm07

Reaction score
Called CS, got offered 50k points (20k miles) for renewal on payment of annual fees. It was below my expectation (30k miles). But still accepted coz got highest tier this year and expecting to use at least 10x limo in coming year.:s13:
Have a friend also doing the same

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.