Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

needsomecash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long is the delivery ?
Is delivery free to Singapore ?

a few pages ago i also posted that same model on aliexpress by another seller, free shipping take 7 days.
ship by comone express, same price

edit: http://m.aliexpress.com/item/546030913.html

but its $42 now.

edwinz

Reaction score
a few pages ago i also posted that same model on aliexpress by another seller, free shipping take 7 days.
ship by comone express, same price

edit: Online Shop Support multiple PLP hot sale DVB-T2 terrestrial digital receiver H.264/MPEG4,Compatible with DVB-T DVB-T2 002 with RUSSIA OSD|Aliexpress Mobile

but its $42 now.

wah.. I din do my research properly? :eek: paid extra =(

Edit*Uhm did you ask if it works in SG? I asked about 5 sellers only 1 replied that is suitable for SG and it already came with settings preselected for Sg. I think the service provided was good, but EMS shipping sucks.

Last edited:

aldente

Reaction score
but the draco box can record tv programmes too.
wherelse those 2 cannot record tv programmes.

kssk88

Reaction score
Hope I am not posting my question in the wrong thread.

I am planning to buy a small TV in my room (40 or below) that do not have a setup box. Are all the TV in the market now digital TV or that none of them are? I am wondering if I need a buy the receiver since I am buying a new TV. I looked at all the advertisements but none of them indicated whether it is a digital TV or not.

Few months ago when I was looking for a sub 40" DVBT2 TV, I found very few are certified by mda to be used here.
They are Sony w674 and LG 623T (both surround sound) , Panasonic E6S (Stereo), or use Draco with any small TVs.
I dont like Draco which needs separate AC power, LG was never found though it is certified.
Sony has only 1 USB and 1 HDMI, so left with Panasonic which I dont mind the stereo only sound hence I bought.

Till now still the same models are certified, with LG confirmed NA. Manufacturers seem ignoring people with small room :(

http://www.mda.gov.sg/PublicEducation/DigitalTvConsumers/Pages/LabellingScheme.aspx

petetherock

Reaction score
Guys
Just a note that DTV in Singapore is an evolving issue, and if whatver you buy doesn't work now, it may work later and vice versa.

Also many of the old TVs on offer at PC shows won't have internal tuners for DTV, so caveat emptor.

Watch this page, and things will continue to change. Cheers.

xman13

Reaction score
Ordered this:Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is HD DVB-T2 terrestrial digital television TV receiver DVB T2 tuner with DVB-T MPEG-2 MPEG-4 H.264 HDMI 1080P Set top box

Has smaller than expected footprint.
Used my own powered antenna.
Works and is so much more cheaper than a draco.

51D88638-8C52-4E25-960B-4675DEBB3133.jpg

22AEB66E-9284-46F0-BAED-72823DBF9BE1.jpg

Hi can you share what type on powered antenna you used? I bought this from aliexpress but the free antenna given is lousy cannot detect any signal.
Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Support multiple PLP hot sale DVB-T2 terrestrial digital receiver H.264/MPEG4,Compatible with DVB-T DVB-T2 002 with RUSSIA OSD

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi can you share what type on powered antenna you used? I bought this from aliexpress but the free antenna given is lousy cannot detect any signal.
Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Support multiple PLP hot sale DVB-T2 terrestrial digital receiver H.264/MPEG4,Compatible with DVB-T DVB-T2 002 with RUSSIA OSD
If you are sure that your stb works, then antennae that works can be found in this thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...-reception-issues-[consolidated]-4487443.html

For success stories read this thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...-t2-settings-no-discussions-here-4519120.html

Remember signal strength varies from location to location.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Till now still the same models are certified, with LG confirmed NA. Manufacturers seem ignoring people with small room :(

Huh? I don't get it...

There has been the LG 42LN570T going for $699 since Dec 2013.

kssk88

Reaction score
Hope I am not posting my question in the wrong thread.

I am planning to buy a small TV in my room (40 or below) that do not have a setup box. Are all the TV in the market now digital TV or that none of them are? I am wondering if I need a buy the receiver since I am buying a new TV. I looked at all the advertisements but none of them indicated whether it is a digital TV or not.

I was replying to this question....

singpal

Reaction score

needsomecash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah.. I din do my research properly? :eek: paid extra =(

Edit*Uhm did you ask if it works in SG? I asked about 5 sellers only 1 replied that is suitable for SG and it already came with settings preselected for Sg. I think the service provided was good, but EMS shipping sucks.

Yes, I asked him + read on feedback before I purchase. I actually bought another model at $38 but it is out of stock, so seller inform me if I'm okay to get this model instead (at $38). I agreed and he shipped me this, which I think was very good!

comone express tracking said:
Date Time Location Status
28-Feb-2014 18:00 Singapore Shipment Delivered
28-Feb-2014 12:00 Singapore Shipment Out for Delivery
25-Feb-2014 10:38 Singapore Shipment Inbound Scanned
25-Feb-2014 08:03 Singapore Pending Clearance
24-Feb-2014 15:02 Shenzhen, China Shipment Bound For Departure
24-Feb-2014 12:22 Shenzhen, China Shipment Picked Up
It was shipped out within 24hrs after payment was made. Bought on Friday 21Feb, shipped on 22Feb.

hi, i have the same box as u, but the sound is not clear, may i know what's the version of your software, thanks!

Hi, i have the same box too, my sound works well with the original firmware. I think you might want to try changing the audio stream with the audio button on the remote.

singpal

Reaction score
Yes, I asked him + read on feedback before I purchase. I actually bought another model at $38 but it is out of stock, so seller inform me if I'm okay to get this model instead (at $38). I agreed and he shipped me this, which I think was very good!

It was shipped out within 24hrs after payment was made. Bought on Friday 21Feb, shipped on 22Feb.

Hi, i have the same box too, my sound works well with the original firmware. I think you might want to try changing the audio stream with the audio button on the remote.

for my set, it sounds muffled for all streams and all the 7fta channels, may u take a look under setup what's your software version, i guess there is a new software which solved the sound problem, thanks!

edwinz

Reaction score
hi, i have the same box as u, but the sound is not clear, may i know what's the version of your software, thanks!

I set to video to pal and audio to HDMI Raw
My model:T2660Z
SW version is Malaysia 29140214V6.0
HW version is 78161236820650

Last edited:

needsomecash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for my set, it sounds muffled for all streams and all the 7fta channels, may u take a look under setup what's your software version, i guess there is a new software which solved the sound problem, thanks!

Model: T2660Z
SW Version: russ20140117V5.0
HW Version: 78161236820650

edwinz

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.