Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has smaller than expected footprint.
Used my own powered antenna.
Works and is so much more cheaper than a draco.

Any idea if for those programmes with 5.1 audio, is it stereo only, or 5.1 if you connect it to an AVR? Anyone else using the same set as edwinz would like to provide some input as well?

Also, does it support recording?

Lucky123

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently I am using this on my dvb-t2 tv. It is USB powered and works really well on all dvb-t2 channels. Just stick it to the back of the TV will do.

dta415_1000.jpg

dta415_how_1000.jpg

xman13

Reaction score
If you are sure that your stb works, then antennae that works can be found in this thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...-reception-issues-[consolidated]-4487443.html

For success stories read this thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...-t2-settings-no-discussions-here-4519120.html

Remember signal strength varies from location to location.

Thanks Bought Margo 2.0 Antenna at Sim Lim Tower. Abit expensive $46.00. Plug in and works. Have to put the antenna at the window grill and window to be open. signal strength ok.
CH5(HD) ,CH8(HD), Suria (HD), VAS (HD)
CNA , CH U, CH8+1 , OKTO.
I stay in tampines and on second floor, surrounded by hdb block.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bought Margo 2.0 Antenna at Sim Lim Tower. Abit expensive $46.00. Plug in and works. Have to put the antenna at the window grill and window to be open. signal strength ok.
CH5(HD) ,CH8(HD), Suria (HD), VAS (HD)
CNA , CH U, CH8+1 , OKTO.
I stay in tampines and on second floor, surrounded by hdb block.

NTUC selling for $39 though. Anyway good that it manages to work for you.

edwinz

Reaction score
Any idea if for those programmes with 5.1 audio, is it stereo only, or 5.1 if you connect it to an AVR? Anyone else using the same set as edwinz would like to provide some input as well?

Also, does it support recording?

dunno about audio, mine does not have USB port for recording but manual says I can update via usb... dunno where it is.. another model?
Mine allows for some sort of programming, but without a usb port it is pretty useless to me...

edwinz

Reaction score
It can record. The schedule recording function can be access by pressing the EPG button.

mine no usb record to where?
maybe have to open and see.. suddenly ocurred to me, can i put an internal HDD inside?

crazyliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe have to open and see.. suddenly ocurred to me, can i put an internal HDD inside?

think on the front panel, you can try find there is a flipper to flip open and USB port is inside.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Which NTUC ? Should have look at more place.... Thinking to get another for the room. It quite slick and small.

Ntuc xtra. Bought mine at amk hub outlet. I believe serangoon Nex outlet also selling

needsomecash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usb port at the front panel. where the DVBT2 logo is...

anymore sample videos?

later i record again...

Edit: Recorded 2 more sample videos

CHN8 HD

CHN5 HD
At 2:41 onward, you can see that the video was distorted. It was due to bad signal coverage at my area.

Last edited:

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
usb port at the front panel. where the DVBT2 logo is...

later i record again...

Edit: Recorded 2 more sample videos

CHN8 HD

CHN5 HD
At 2:41 onward, you can see that the video was distorted. It was due to bad signal coverage at my area.
what about the subtitles? can it be enabled?

SilverLine

Reaction score
Yes, you can turn on the subtitle with the remote
Hi needsomecash,
Could you help to confirm on Ch 5, Ch 8 & Ch U, when the Chinese subtitle is turned on, is all the Chinese characters displayed correctly? Thanks.

Edit: Ch 5 should also have separate Chinese subtitles. Btw, I do not have any DVB-T2 receivers, I am not able to confirm if it exist, by right it should be there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.