Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
To Terumo

So Starmex is the most value for money ? In your opinion is extended warranty needed for aircon. ? One year is abt slightly less than 60 dollars for 5 years is it worth getting ?.

Thanks

Should check T&C first.

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi its my first time installing aircon. I am going to install a Sys 3 inverter in my house. Went to gain city ask for quotation already. The salesman told me the pricing for all 4 brands that I am looking at. LG - $3008 Mit Starmex - $3288 Mit Heavy Industries - $3198 and Toshiba - $3478. With extended warranty and upgrade to Armaflex 1/2 inch including metal brackets. Can someone advise me which model is the best value for money ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Do not go for LG :( .....if u got a good Budget go for Toshiba or Daikin , or Mit Starmex :)

terumo

Reaction score
To spidie,

Extended warranty, pls look at the T & Cs first.
Cause u may need to engage them for regular service in order for the warranty to be valid.

Just go for the fuss free stsndard 1 year parts & 5 years compressor warranty offered by the agent will do. (IMO)

daveteoh

Reaction score
request for aircon quote

Hi,

I'll be collecting my house key in 1-2 months time. looking for a system 4 Aircon unit and shortlisted Daikin brand. any aircon dealer here, can quote me for the following:-

Daikin System 4 (34k)
4MKS80ESG / 2 X FTKS25 / FTKS35 / FTKS50
- includes 1/2" armaflex, G23 copper, 16mm water pipe, metal bracket, keystone/tai sin cabling, HDB installation.

I need to know what is the Warranty covered and any free servicing after installation?

Can PM me or send to my email - dave.teoh@yahoo.com . please indicate your company name too.

Thanks.

Last edited:

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, can you share with me your contact for a reliable private supplier for AC? Thanks!

aceone10

Reaction score
Hi

My house`s sys 3 Sanyo has a problem..whenever my parents room turn on their AC, the unit in my room will have no cold air at all. as soon as they off their`s, the cold air will start generating in my room`s ac unit.

it does not affect my brother,s unit

Any idea what may cause this..?

Hi, I am having the same problem with yours and mine a Daikin. It has been a disaster for the MBR just after 6 months...

aceone10

Reaction score
Saw an advertisement in ST Calssified on this brand "KIMURA"Air Con (Sorry I cannot post link). Called Aircon Design and they said is Japanese with NEA 4 ticks and the fan coil comes with build in Air cleaner targeting on Singapore Haze and that they are receiving very positive enquiry on this... Tempted but had not gone down to check on it and hope to get more info...... anyone??

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, can I confirm the maxicool and newway only provide servicing if AC units and not selling the system? Thx!

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello TJP,

There limited brands with system 5 in the market.

2 brands that comes with System 5 models are Daikin (5MKS100LSG) and Toshiba (RAS5M41UACV).

However, the outdoor condensing unit is usually very big in dimension hence it would be the best to do some measurement before you proceed with purchase so as to ensure that it can fit into your window opening and ensure that the height of the condenser will not cause a blockage when you open your windows.

Another thing to consider will be to check the running amp for these models to ensure that it can be supported by the power limitation for your unit.
Usually system 5 is not used for HDB. Check with the stores or your appointed installers and they will be in a better position to advise.

You might want to consider 1 x System 3 + 1 x System 2 instead or 1 x system 4 + 1 x system 1

If you are getting your place renovated, you might want to approach your ID to quote together with the reno so that it would be easier for you to coordinate. This however would be up to your individual discretion.

Good Luck on your sourcing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Is system 5 still available in the market ?

Dahawk

Master Member
Reaction score
Need to replace my current house system 6. Currently on 2 compressors. Not sure if anyone has any good agents to recommend as the aircons are no longer cold.

tjp

Reaction score
Thx maxicoolservices for the info.

Sadly new BTO cannot fit 2 x OU. I also heard sys-5 maintenance is a headache.

Veron4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using KIMURA Japanese brand aircon?

Care to share? Any review?

linoleum33

Reaction score
hey guys im staying in a corridor facing hdb room

any suggestion for aircon i can go for right now?

The weather is crazy!

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Toshiba ras- m10skpx aircon compressor is giving very loud humming sound when it's on air on mode, any good service contractor to recommend ?

petetherock

Reaction score
A question:
If there are 5 head units, and two compressors, what's the best way to divide them up?

3 bed rooms to one compressor and 3 head units, living room 2 head units and a compressor

OR

Master bedroom + living room one unit, then the two bedrooms and second living room unit another?

Thanks

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A question:
If there are 5 head units, and two compressors, what's the best way to divide them up?

3 bed rooms to one compressor and 3 head units, living room 2 head units and a compressor

OR

Master bedroom + living room one unit, then the two bedrooms and second living room unit another?

Thanks

3 bedroom to 1 compressor

2 living to 1 compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.