Microsoft Surface

md iszaki

Reaction score
Im using my surface 2 with type 2 keyboard and and surface wedge mouse. I like the vapor magnesium case feel so I got a targus 12 inch sleeve for it instead of a folio casing. Overall, im happy with my set up ahakz.

sone92

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've been doing some research on surface and such, and I've decided to get one (the rt) solely for work purposes.
Now I'm having some difficulties in where to get one.
To add on, I'm actually open to 2nd hand options...

Any suggestions?

md iszaki

Reaction score
There are alot of ppl selling surface rt at reasonable pricing at carousell. I highly recommend u to get surface 2 instead. Microsoft store sg is selling at 10% discount for student

expositox

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've been doing some research on surface and such, and I've decided to get one (the rt) solely for work purposes.
Now I'm having some difficulties in where to get one.
To add on, I'm actually open to 2nd hand options...

Any suggestions?

There're currently 2 RT versions available (Surface with Windows RT - first gen, and Surface 2 - second gen)
I bought a used RT using Carousell, but you can try hwz or Gumtree.

BTW, I'm having trouble with drop-down boxes with my RT. I bought the Surface RT mainly for work, but my work site uses drop-downs everywhere. There's a home screen with all the different drop down boxes.
Hadn't thought of testing this when I bought it as I hadn't even imagined that this would happen, I thought all browsers should be at least functional for the basic purposes.
My RT's IE and the alternatives I tried in the Store can't open links in the drop down (drop down closes once I lift my finger).
Defeats the whole purpose of me purchasing the Surface, is there any magical setting that I can do in IE to make it work? Thanks!

Last edited:

whiteflag

Reaction score
damm trying to get miracast to work so i can mirror onto my tv

but when i swipe right > devices > Project

it doesn't have the add a wireless display option

anyone knows why?

and i have downloaded all the latest updates :s22:

echoblue

Reaction score
damm trying to get miracast to work so i can mirror onto my tv

but when i swipe right > devices > Project

it doesn't have the add a wireless display option

anyone knows why?

and i have downloaded all the latest updates :s22:

Ha, sample problem here! I tried going to settings to add a new device. It connected to my tv once (it asked me to type in the access code) but the connection dropped immediately after a minute or two. I can't connect again even when I removed and added the device again. I'm using windows 8.1 pro btw.

whiteflag

Reaction score
Ha, sample problem here! I tried going to settings to add a new device. It connected to my tv once (it asked me to type in the access code) but the connection dropped immediately after a minute or two. I can't connect again even when I removed and added the device again. I'm using windows 8.1 pro btw.

i have been searching around and it seems this is a known problem. Intel has acknowledged the problem and is working for a solution

whiteflag

Reaction score
has anyone tried to make power banks like Yoobao and Anker work with surface?

the problem is the charging head :(

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried to make power banks like Yoobao and Anker work with surface?

the problem is the charging head :(

I think unless u can get a USB charging head that is like surface pro, I think very tough. Wonder whether those folks at Sim Lim tower can do it?

dream88sg

Reaction score
Hi

I purchase a surface pro from Microsoft and the battery cannot charged after 1 week. I send in for repair and after about 6 business days it came back but this time there was something wrong with the stand so again I send in for repair.

This time round I tried to escalate the issue as I spend the money but I still is unable to use it. However, the help desk was helpless. I tried calling everyday since day 1 but in spite of this courier took 2 days to collect and it took another 3 days from courier to MS. After 7 days, MS still have not send me a replacement unit and the help-desk, Ms Jennifer, could use just update the case and is unable to expedite.

I also couldn't help but notice that MS do not have an email or a way to seek higher management. When I wanted to speak to the manager, Ms Jennifer simply put it as it will just further delay the case.

MS has very very poor support very unlike Samsung or Apple that I have experience. Please take note guys.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.