[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick question on intermittent fasting. I am currently following the 16/8 plan.

Say after 1st day of fasting and eating my meal for the day, if I were to decide to call it a day and not to eat anymore, does my 2nd day of 16h fasting begins after i finish my food? Or I have to wait out the 8h before starting the countdown for my 2nd day's fasting?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question on intermittent fasting. I am currently following the 16/8 plan.

Say after 1st day of fasting and eating my meal for the day, if I were to decide to call it a day and not to eat anymore, does my 2nd day of 16h fasting begins after i finish my food? Or I have to wait out the 8h before starting the countdown for my 2nd day's fasting?

Can be a bit flexible - listen to your body and eat when you are hungry...hahah

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Can be a bit flexible - listen to your body and eat when you are hungry...hahah

I actually tried this diet without intermittent fasting initially. First week dropped 4kg but started to plateau on the 2nd week. I'm a pretty heavy dude(130kg) so I guess most of the masses lost were from water loss due to reduced intake of carbs as well as my p90x3 exercise routine of 6 days a week.

I have no idea how to check for whether I am in ketosis as I read online that urine stick test is not entirely reliable.

So I guess the next logical step would be to commence intermittent fasting to be sure that my body will undergo ketosis eventually.

By "eat when you are hungry", do you mean within the 8hrs eating window? I try to keep my fast as clean as possible so I don't even take saturated oil(VCO, butter) during the fast period. Only water, green tea or black coffee.

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually tried this diet without intermittent fasting initially. First week dropped 4kg but started to plateau on the 2nd week. I'm a pretty heavy dude(130kg) so I guess most of the masses lost were from water loss due to reduced intake of carbs as well as my p90x3 exercise routine of 6 days a week.

I have no idea how to check for whether I am in ketosis as I read online that urine stick test is not entirely reliable.

So I guess the next logical step would be to commence intermittent fasting to be sure that my body will undergo ketosis eventually.

By "eat when you are hungry", do you mean within the 8hrs eating window? I try to keep my fast as clean as possible so I don't even take saturated oil(VCO, butter) during the fast period. Only water, green tea or black coffee.

normally, by following the eat when you are hungry, it is within my 8 hour window. but different people have different needs. just make sure you don't starve. once you go into starvation mode, your body starts to store fats.

as for ketosis. i don't really test for it. just make sure your carb level is below 50g per day will do.

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
normally, by following the eat when you are hungry, it is within my 8 hour window. but different people have different needs. just make sure you don't starve. once you go into starvation mode, your body starts to store fats.

as for ketosis. i don't really test for it. just make sure your carb level is below 50g per day will do.

Ok I learnt something new - starvation mode induces fats storage. Alright will take note. Thanks=:p

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just got my test results, and my cholestrol are kind of high?
should i cut down on fats?
triglycerides: 55mg/dl
hdl-cholestrol: 52mg/dl
ldl-cholestrol: 166mg/dl
glucose: 88mg/dl

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yours is high.. Mine surely double of yours.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seriously, do people even read the resources on the front page? :s8:

How many times must we say that cholesterol levels on its own are meaningless?

Eat less fat? Great advice NOT

Somatic3

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This week start to do some fasting liao...

Else go Taiwan jiak lao sure :(

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously, do people even read the resources on the front page? :s8:

How many times must we say that cholesterol levels on its own are meaningless?

Eat less fat? Great advice NOT

really? so its not too high? because the doc told me to moderate my health and go for regular check up. :(

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I learnt something new - starvation mode induces fats storage. Alright will take note. Thanks=:p

Nah it's just fear mongering

You literally need to starve for weeks before that happens

I have been on pretty long fasts and i have not lost muscle mass either

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.