[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
ehhh i got read! haha.
but i dont take alot of rice, noodles and bread :( maybe its just the pineapple tarts.
i have change for the better now hahaha. im at 30gm per day.

p.s: "Dr. Mary C. Vernon has said that one of the surefire ways of knowing someone is low-carbing correctly is their HDL is above 50 and their triglycerides are under 100." hahaha yay
maybe you think you're eating 30g but reality it's more?

maybe 30g is still too high for you?

you have to experiment on yourself.

your LDL can be lower (assuming that your LDL is not the large particles ones).

some people alternate one day carb one day no carb and it works for them.

people like me must strictly low carb everyday, and cheat 1 day :(

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any LCHF expert can advise is there any good and healthy LCHF food available in orchard area? Cause I work there and everywhere is like have rice and noodles one. Please advise and thanks a lot.

i believe orchard has alot of salad stop kind of stores. that's the safest choice. but of cos you cant get your fats there. you can get your eat clean base there. pure vege + olive oil dressing only. top with fatty meat like pork, salmon

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

maybe i guess.
but this test was done some weeks back. when i wasnt very strict, when i let lose during cny hahaha.
i hope things are better now! because im monitoring my carbs intake. before that i wasnt using the app to check.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and to the guy thats asking milo. i think u should avoid that. because all milo are 3 in 1 nowadays. and has sugar.

Acually "plain" milo already has sugar added to it in the manufacturing process

Most cocoa powders tend to have sugar inside...

Look for cacao powder instead

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
i dont take rice anymore..
not counting the days in taiwan haha.

and to the guy thats asking milo. i think u should avoid that. because all milo are 3 in 1 nowadays. and has sugar.
when i started i drink milo kosong sia cos i thought chocolate should be low carb... then i went ntuc to look at the nutrition information. OMG. carbs damn high even without sugar. So sad to quit milo. :(

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Erm, you provided the links but did you read them (carefully)? :s8:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Total Cholesterol – 326
Total LDL – 246
Total HDL – 65
Triglycerides – 77
Insulin – 5.8

Yes, my total cholesterol is 326 and hopefully now you know why I don’t need to take a statin drug like Lipitor or Crestor to lower it. Check out my HDL/triglyceride ratio. It’s virtually 1-1 and that’s FANTASTIC! Note that my HDL is above 50 and my triglycerides are below 100–a sign that I’m livin’ la vida low-carb 100% right despite my weight gain. So what’s up with the LDL? Is the particle size where it needs to be?

The answer is YES! My doctor said that when he analyzed the LDL subset breakdown, he saw a clear majority of the LDL was the large, fluffy kind that you want to protect against cardiovascular problems and very few if any of the small, dense kind. So, despite my astronomical LDL number, it’s a non-factor. And neither is the total cholesterol. Keep in mind my HDL “good” cholesterol is high like it needs to be, so that contributes to the total number, too.

hmm what particle size ? can see big or small ?

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Acually "plain" milo already has sugar added to it in the manufacturing process

Most cocoa powders tend to have sugar inside...

Look for cacao powder instead

can get from iherb right?
i realise tt most peanut butter, hazelnut butter contains oil even for those that are listed in iherb.
so they are ok to purchase?

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i got this chronic skin issue called psoriasis..

not sure is it ok to continue to eat so much meat as meat is acidic in nature. :(

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not sure is it ok to continue to eat so much meat as meat is acidic in nature. :(

hey! my bf has this issue also.
someone told him to eat less egg yolk. but egg white is ok.
less nuts.
and actually hot, humid weather contribute also.

maggoth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no link one.

i also have eczema and it used to flare up occasionally last time before i upped my intake of meat and it still flares up occasionally now.

however, the flare ups nowadays are less crazy so i will say lchf did improve my condition.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hey! my bf has this issue also.
someone told him to eat less egg yolk. but egg white is ok.
less nuts.
and actually hot, humid weather contribute also.

mine is sibei jia liatz.

scalp and face are the worst, now red dots, white flaks appearing over the whole body. :(:(

i think i have used almost all the cream in the world.

what did your bf eat and use to keep the condition under control

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Nah it's just fear mongering

You literally need to starve for weeks before that happens

I have been on pretty long fasts and i have not lost muscle mass either

From what I gather online(don't know if it is all that credible but makes sense), the concept of fat storage during starvation period comes from the fact that metabolism of the body drops. Say going on a caloric deficit of 50% does not equate to a metabolism drop of 50% i.e <50% So overall there is still a caloric deficit for weight loss.

Also, starvation does not occur from just a few days of extreme caloric restriction(if any). So lets just consider our intermittent fasting to be semi-starvation.

What must be made clear before we move on is that for weight loss, regardless of whether it being a conventional diet or lchf, there must be a caloric deficit in our diet in order to lose weight.

In a conventional diet, short term semi-starvation would yield a weight loss but long term semi-starvation would not be beneficial as research shows the test subjects to have unsatiable hunger and almost never feeling full, thus overeating(caloric surplus) and putting back on what they have lost and more.

Everything up till this point is from The Starvation Mode Myth...again. | MyFitnessPal.com

However, because this is a LCHF diet, both short term and long term semi-starvation would yield positive results as we are not subjected to the blood sugar spike and crash(which often results in hunger). Also, fats are able keep us in a satiated state for extended period thus we would not overeat.

Therefore in conclusion intermittent fasting(semi-starvation) is actually beneficial in a lchf diet.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is sibei jia liatz.

scalp and face are the worst, now red dots, white flaks appearing over the whole body. :(:(

his is on the scalp. its kind of under control but its still there. he eat like normal but totally avoid nuts and egg yolk.
and use those shampoo thats v v light. like those shampoo that states "clean" or "light". he said those anti dandruff shampoo makes his scalp even worst.
for cream right, actually he bought these steriod cream in bkk. i dont really approve la. but he said the rashes clear up immediately by the next day. the rashes are usually on hands and legs but it dont really appear very often. only when the weather is hot or he accidentally ate nuts.

maggoth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is sibei jia liatz.

then all the more you should eat clean. i see you still eat all those curry with rice and whatnot from your food threads. :s22:

not trying to judge lah, but improvement doesn't happen overnight. first and foremost you have to make an effort and watch what you eat. topical solutions like creams and stuff can only provide very minimal help.

the cure is still from within your body.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
his is on the scalp. its kind of under control but its still there. he eat like normal but totally avoid nuts and egg yolk.
and use those shampoo thats v v light. like those shampoo that states "clean" or "light". he said those anti dandruff shampoo makes his scalp even worst.
for cream right, actually he bought these steriod cream in bkk. i dont really approve la. but he said the rashes clear up immediately by the next day. the rashes are usually on hands and legs but it dont really appear very often. only when the weather is hot or he accidentally ate nuts.

can ask him what brand.. the shampoo and cream.

so amazing ? next day clear up. i use for months like useless. waste my money.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
then all the more you should eat clean. i see you still eat all those curry with rice and whatnot from your food threads. :s22:

not trying to judge lah, but improvement doesn't happen overnight. first and foremost you have to make an effort and watch what you eat. topical solutions like creams and stuff can only provide very minimal help.

the cure is still from within your body.

yeah those cream like useless.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.