[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can ask him what brand.. the shampoo and cream.

so amazing ? next day clear up. i use for months like useless. waste my money.

yah cos steriod ma. its not sold in singapore. have to get from bangkok. i get him to take a picture later.
shampoo should be this type:
OCT13_IMG_0489.JPG

oh ya. actually i tot of ordering this from iherb for him.
http://www.iherb.com/Home-Health-Psoriasis-Medicated-Scalp-and-Body-Wash-8-fl-oz-236-ml/6489

Last edited:

maggoth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah cos steriod ma. its not sold in singapore. have to get from bangkok. i get him to take a picture later.
shampoo should be this type:

i will advise you to avoid commercial shampoos/body wash. they contain a lot of chemicals which are actually very harsh on our skin.

yes, you can find many products on iherb which do not contain those chemicals, take your time to browse.

just remember - no parabens, SLS or phthalates.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will advise you to avoid commercial shampoos/body wash. they contain a lot of chemicals which are actually very harsh on our skin.

yes, you can find many products on iherb which do not contain those chemicals, take your time to browse.

just remember - no parabens, SLS or phthalates.

yah i agree.
there was a period i use phyto shampoo because i feel that i got hair loss haha. but it works. their shampoo are paraben free.
there's this sensitive range from phyto too:
PHYTOAPAISANT - Soothing treatment shampoo - Sensitive, irritated scalp
1 bottle can cost around sgd 40.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since now the true story abt high fat not equal to heart attk, the vegan circle is coming up with another story

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yah. but can use for body also. i think maybe just alternate with other type of shampoo. like use it for those days which are more serious?

if u are buying the 1 from iherb maybe we can share shipping cost.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
since now the true story abt high fat not equal to heart attk, the vegan circle is coming up with another story

diabetes ?

jiak too much sugar, carbo.

i think fats and carbs cannot exist together, it's catastrophe to our health. you can choose either one.

that's why lchf works for some, and the 80% carbs diet (e.g. the durianrider) works for some.

nutnutde

Reaction score
i got this chronic skin issue called psoriasis..

not sure is it ok to continue to eat so much meat as meat is acidic in nature. :(

I have itchy and flaky scalp that no amt of treatment shampoo can help. I have frequent eczema flare ups and I have hives everyday without fail. I am a walking itch. My whole body has 5 cents, 10 cent marks all over. Oral steroids suppress the itch and the swelling for a while and it starts all over again the next day. Same as steroid cream. I just gave up. Started LCHF on a whim to lose weight and who knows, it suppressed everything I had. I don't itch anymore. My eczema and hives flare up whenever I cheat. So if I do give it to my cravings, I know I have to suffer the consequences. And maybe it's due to my daily consumption of coconut oil, I have very healthy hair. It had sheen to do it and looked as if I just had treatment at hair salon.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can get from iherb right?
i realise tt most peanut butter, hazelnut butter contains oil even for those that are listed in iherb.
so they are ok to purchase?

Erm these are nuts leh

Of course when you ground them, oil comes out :s8:

Seriously

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no link one.

i also have eczema and it used to flare up occasionally last time before i upped my intake of meat and it still flares up occasionally now.

however, the flare ups nowadays are less crazy so i will say lchf did improve my condition.

Definitely cos you are eating clean hahah

Flare ups are only when you take carbs, especially processed carbs right?

I am not a big fan of observational studies but I think there is definitely a link :s13:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm these are nuts leh

Of course when you ground them, oil comes out :s8:

Seriously

sorry. haha.
can confirm? cos i saw palm oil, sunflower oil
"Other Ingredients
Organic cane sugar, organic hazelnuts (17%), organic non-hydrogenated palm oil, organic sunflower oil, organic skimmed milk powder, organic cocoa powder (6%), organic vanilla powder.
Contains tree nuts and milk. May contain traces of peanuts and other nuts."

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I gather online(don't know if it is all that credible but makes sense), the concept of fat storage during starvation period comes from the fact that metabolism of the body drops. Say going on a caloric deficit of 50% does not equate to a metabolism drop of 50% i.e <50% So overall there is still a caloric deficit for weight loss.

Also, starvation does not occur from just a few days of extreme caloric restriction(if any). So lets just consider our intermittent fasting to be semi-starvation.

What must be made clear before we move on is that for weight loss, regardless of whether it being a conventional diet or lchf, there must be a caloric deficit in our diet in order to lose weight.

In a conventional diet, short term semi-starvation would yield a weight loss but long term semi-starvation would not be beneficial as research shows the test subjects to have unsatiable hunger and almost never feeling full, thus overeating(caloric surplus) and putting back on what they have lost and more.

Everything up till this point is from The Starvation Mode Myth...again. | MyFitnessPal.com

However, because this is a LCHF diet, both short term and long term semi-starvation would yield positive results as we are not subjected to the blood sugar spike and crash(which often results in hunger). Also, fats are able keep us in a satiated state for extended period thus we would not overeat.

Therefore in conclusion intermittent fasting(semi-starvation) is actually beneficial in a lchf diet.

I am almost never hungry these days haha

Then again I am a buibui unker - got loads of fat store to burn through :sad:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.