Microsoft Surface

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just got my pro 1 from KL at 2449rm (ard 950sgd) incl type cover, new set.

Challenger funan I believe still sells demo at $818.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you manage to book the power cover from MS store in the US? All out of stock liao. :|

oh. didn't. coz that time I wasn't even sure when I could get my hands on a device. hence didn't tag with htngwilliam. not sure if he's still on.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
i just got my pro 1 from KL at 2449rm (ard 950sgd) incl type cover, new set.

Challenger funan I believe still sells demo at $818.

I had considered demo set fleetingly when I was searching for pro 1 and cam3e across Harvey Norman at tjitsun mall.

then I took a breath and thought about the time the unit had been turned on almost whole day everyday, the display and battery life would have suffered.

so, I'll not consider it.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm considering to get surface 2 and keep my Samsung note 10.1 2013 aside. This tablet seems to be more productive then my Samsung tablet which uses kingsoft. But then again, it doesn't come with lte. Seems like Microsoft don't understand what we want..

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Got my surface pro 2 from ebay, arrived about a week ago, 2 days after ordering, very fast :s12:

one strange problem though, if you rub your hand along the edges of the back, you can feel the electricity :eek:
but i guess it's inevitable since the back is made of a conductible material

if anyone wants the source: here

How much you paid for it? 256GB SSD with 8MB RAM?

Did yours come with the latest processor? MS quietly upgraded the processor. Please check the net on this.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh. didn't. coz that time I wasn't even sure when I could get my hands on a device. hence didn't tag with htngwilliam. not sure if he's still on.

I waiting for my friend to buy for me when he come back from USA. I am not in a hurry so wait a while

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told by Microsoft Singapore that there will be lte on pro 2 but not on surface 2. It will become pointless as a tablet because I have to purchase mifi or deplete my phone batt

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why need LTE? Just use tethering from phone la. Else need to pay extra for tablet and LTE also drain more battery

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
I was told by Microsoft Singapore that there will be lte on pro 2 but not on surface 2. It will become pointless as a tablet because I have to purchase mifi or deplete my phone batt

you meant surface 2 with LTE right?
Surface 2 - The Faster, Thinner, Lighter Tablet

coz, so far there they only just announced availability on surface 2.
and there haven't been any rumours of LTE for Pro 2, despite interviewers asking MS when they released surface 2 with LTE.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you meant surface 2 with LTE right?
Surface 2 - The Faster, Thinner, Lighter Tablet

coz, so far there they only just announced availability on surface 2.
and there haven't been any rumours of LTE for Pro 2, despite interviewers asking MS when they released surface 2 with LTE.
Yep I was referring to surface 2. Perhaps we will see surface 2 with lte few months later from now

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
ya, i also tether to my phone.
mainly because I'm not one of those who walk around with a tablet in my face.
more of those who bring out, when got time to lepak, la kopi then i take out use.
so, only then i need to use internet.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Yep I was referring to surface 2. Perhaps we will see surface 2 with lte few months later from now

just don't hold your breath waiting for it.
remember that surface 2 and pro 2 was available moons ago.
but only until a couple weeks ago surface 2 just available in sg, if release LTE version too fast they will cannabalise their surface sales.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.