Xiaomi piston V2.0 gold

kurenai_19

Reaction score
anyone bought this? can start review?

350x700px-LL-a111b92f_Photo608.jpeg

Just got mine through Groupon waiting for delivery. Care to share wherr you got yours and how much?

widget

Reaction score
Quite few of us here have them.
I bought mine from ibuygou for US$25 including delivery.
More reviews and user impressions at headfi forum

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got mine through Groupon waiting for delivery. Care to share wherr you got yours and how much?

Groupon? Most likely fake since sold by ext merchants.. The price and product dun seem right cos the original charges differently for the gold and normal one.

uzzikie

Reaction score
i bought mine in Taipei... supposed to retail for NT$499 but the cheapest I got was at NT$650 which puts it at around S$29

for that price, these ear buds are "disposable" and I put it to "rough" use it in the gym and daily commuting. I doubt I can find anything better sounding for S$29 (maybe the TDK TH-EC200?)

the wires uses a fabric cord so it doesn't get entangled that easily. The forward / back buttons are advertised to work on the iPhone 5/5S but does nothing on my 5S. The stop button and mic works though

hopefully Xiaomi will officially bring these earbuds locally as part of the accessories for their range of phones here

aerosmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just bought mine for $40 from a person on this forum. not bad for the price.
but then i just realized groupon has them for $18.90. if that is real one, i think i got owned.

kurenai_19

Reaction score
It's the sellers who are selling on Groupon platform. And usually Groupon dun really do background check. As long as they have good sales and they will probably close 1 eye..

Thanks for the explanation...learn something new.....hope mine is the real thing

Zantesuken

Reaction score
bought from a red shirt chubby guy yesterday?? i also bought a 40 bucks ones yesterday. from the sound of it should be authentic ones i guess?

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation...learn something new.....hope mine is the real thing

Any idea how to tell if it's fake?

Xiaomi biz model does not include resellers so there wont be resellers/retailers/distributors rate. Since Xiaomi does not allow resellers, the only way to get their products is to buy from Xiaomi website.

Each Xiaomi acct only allows 2 purchases of gold piston. If the seller sold 100 gold pistons, he needs to have 50 accts to buy 100 gold pistion which is already quite troublesome. Takes time and effort which is not profitable..

Xiaomi gold piston costs RMB99 which is around SGD$20. This does NOT include shipping from China to Singapore. For example if we exclude shipping in this case for simple calculation, cost price of 1 gold piston is set at SGD$20.

Groupon commission is 25%, rarely 20% unless the sale v v good and the negotiation is done nicely.

If we take Groupon commission as 20% for simple calculation, since it is sold at $18.90, seller will only earn $15.12. The maths dun seems right as the cost price for 1 gold piston is already SGD$20 without shipping(from china to sg).

And this is excluding the shipping costs, the import tax, the labour/time/effort needed and etc.

So my conclusion based on the above figures highly suggest it is a fake. The conclusion is based on my calculation and assumption and does not represent anybody or any entity. Thank you :vijayadmin:

percivale

Reaction score
Things are often less straightforward than what was described, especially in a place like China. I did not buy my Pistons from Xiaomi directly but they are genuine. Besides "passing" my ear test, I had compared detailed photos/write-up from the web how to spot for a non-authentic product.

As to your Groupon comments earlier and below, I suggest you do not allege to anything relating to another party unless you are privy to some information that is not common knowledge. Putting a disclaimer may have alleviated this somewhat.

Xiaomi biz model does not include resellers so there wont be resellers/retailers/distributors rate. Since Xiaomi does not allow resellers, the only way to get their products is to buy from Xiaomi website.

Each Xiaomi acct only allows 2 purchases of gold piston. If the seller sold 100 gold pistons, he needs to have 50 accts to buy 100 gold pistion which is already quite troublesome. Takes time and effort which is not profitable..

Xiaomi gold piston costs RMB99 which is around SGD$20. This does NOT include shipping from China to Singapore. For example if we exclude shipping in this case for simple calculation, cost price of 1 gold piston is set at SGD$20.

Groupon commission is 25%, rarely 20% unless the sale v v good and the negotiation is done nicely.

If we take Groupon commission as 20% for simple calculation, since it is sold at $18.90, seller will only earn $15.12. The maths dun seems right as the cost price for 1 gold piston is already SGD$20 without shipping(from china to sg).

And this is excluding the shipping costs, the import tax, the labour/time/effort needed and etc.

So my conclusion based on the above figures highly suggest it is a fake. The conclusion is based on my calculation and assumption and does not represent anybody or any entity. Thank you :vijayadmin:

kurenai_19

Reaction score
I emailed groupon today regarding whether the earphones are original. Below is their reply.

Thanks for your email

Our products are definitely authentic

If there are problems with the item you receive, just let us know and we will assist you further.

Kind regards,

Marco
Groupon Loyalty Team
Support email: support@groupon.sg
Support No: +65 6430 3355, 9.30am- 6pm, 7 days a week

Check out our awesome deals today at Deals for up to 70% discount. Find your deal at Groupon.sg!
Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/groupon.singapore
Follow us on Twitter, http://twitter.com/GrouponSG

This email is a service from Groupon Singapore Customer Service.

Salapi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I emailed groupon today regarding whether the earphones are original. Below is their reply.

Thanks for your email

Our products are definitely authentic

If there are problems with the item you receive, just let us know and we will assist you further.

Kind regards,

Marco
Groupon Loyalty Team
Support email: support@groupon.sg
Support No: +65 6430 3355, 9.30am- 6pm, 7 days a week

Check out our awesome deals today at Deals for up to 70% discount. Find your deal at Groupon.sg!
Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/groupon.singapore
Follow us on Twitter, http://twitter.com/GrouponSG

This email is a service from Groupon Singapore Customer Service.

well that smells like ********. :s13:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually there is little risk involved in buying the earphones from Groupon. The earphones are under 1 year warranty from Groupon's own service center and its not like Groupon will just suddenly fold n run away with your money. If indeed the earphones turned out to be fakes, just drop a complain n most probably you will get refunded. End of the day its just time n effort wasted.

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score

Ima a seller on Groupon and few other platforms so I roughly know how the system works and the various loophole and cost/profit calculation that it is highly unlikely to be real.

Xiaomi In-Ear Earphones: 2 Colours

On the groupon website, the merchant/seller also didnt mentioned it is Xiaomi Piston at all. What is Xiaomi MI-IE-2 In-Ear Earphones?

And the original Xiaomi Piston Gold and Silver have different pricing. The seller that is selling the earphone on Groupon is selling both at same pricing?

Anyway this is just my view. Too many discrepancy.. Of cos the customer service will claim their stuffs are real. Even the deal manager who handle/liaise/negotiate with the merchant/seller has little knowledge whether they are real anot. As long as sale is good, they dun really care. And they also wont spend the time and effort to research. Can earn $ can alr. Hard truth :o

The level of fake in China is really astonishing as I usually get my supply there. You will be amazed how good their faking can be. Nonetheless I hoped the product is true too. Cheers.

Actually there is little risk involved in buying the earphones from Groupon. The earphones are under 1 year warranty from Groupon's own service center and its not like Groupon will just suddenly fold n run away with your money. If indeed the earphones turned out to be fakes, just drop a complain n most probably you will get refunded. End of the day its just time n effort wasted.

When Buying Groupon Goods (Terms and condition: Up to 70% discount on restaurants, spas, travel, shopping - GROUPON.sg)

No refund, exchange of color, type, size or for other items (same value or not) or cash is allowed upon confirmation of purchase

Groupon does not provide onsite warranty, all products under Groupon Warranty must be returned in complete product set with packaging to the Henderson Service Centre for verification before further action (repair, exchange or refund).

Still have to keep full packaging? Hmm alright.. Do take note. Anyway as usual, as long you make enough noise, they will likely refund although the terms/conditions are backing them already :)

Last edited:

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gotten my set from Taobao.

definitely its original. bcoz of the built quality and i compared mine and a fake ones via google, alot of ppl claim that there is a very nice smell from the original and fake one smells damn bad.

for review part: well for me SQ is fantastic, my previous IEM was EP630i. so probably that's why when i put on, immediately i hear very big difference...

take note, i don't own alot of earphones. i only replace my earphones when it about to die. as my EP630i had already serve me for 5yrs.

As for Groupon, i think its definitely fake. mine was purchase under time offer which is RMB99. plus shippping back here already cost me close to SGD$30 and i got original invoice from xiaomi company as well.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.