Recommend Broker

GRX9696

Reaction score
Anyone has a good broker to recommend? My current broker from poems sucks.

Roland216

Reaction score

What he did? Why he sucks?

I also poems i meant i am POEMS plus remisier plus analyst plus Academic and own track records. hahah .But waiting for SGX for my licences. haha.

Still waiting.. :s13: Few more days or worst weeks to go..

Tell me, just don't tell me his name can liao. Switch broker la..

I only 32 soon 33 Remisier liao . top 10 youngest remisier i think in the office..

Are you a fundamentalist or Technical analyst trader?:s13:

Roland216

Reaction score

My best hit in 2012 Dec. I told my friend to Buy this company XXXXX. and 1 month later, 25% increase and OCBC broker ask her, how she get the info.. Hahahahaha.. 1000USD profit in 1 month. hahaha. I had being eyeing for WEEKS la..

BTW, now i am a remisier. hahahahaha. No trade secrets here. Purely Fundamental.. haha

Now another one 65% increase in 1 year. haha. **** i only park a few thousands in that stock. KNS. Could have listen to the books and practice more Buffet Theory.. :s13:

teerance85

Reaction score
My best hit in 2012 Dec. I told my friend to Buy this company XXXXX. and 1 month later, 25% increase and OCBC broker ask her, how she get the info.. Hahahahaha.. 1000USD profit in 1 month. hahaha. I had being eyeing for WEEKS la..

BTW, now i am a remisier. hahahahaha. No trade secrets here. Purely Fundamental.. haha

Now another one 65% increase in 1 year. haha. **** i only park a few thousands in that stock. KNS. Could have listen to the books and practice more Buffet Theory.. :s13:

Seems that you have been telling, or rather introducing to everybody that you are gonna be a broker soon, pending license from SGX. And also, seems that every post you gave talks about how you have made other rich base on your fundamentals and whats not.

I think everybody here got the pic though.

Z070188

Reaction score

Suck in what way? Not helpful? Anyway, don't expect your brokers give you tips on what to buy and let you become millionaire. Because if he did have any news, he will buy himself already and won't be a broker. I mean in general if the broker willing to help or advise you is good enough. Whether he/she helps you win a lot of money is another thing. I believe it is more of your own judgement when buying shares. Don't depend too much on other people advice.

Roland216

Reaction score
Suck in what way? Not helpful? Anyway, don't expect your brokers give you tips on what to buy and let you become millionaire. Because if he did have any news, he will buy himself already and won't be a broker. I mean in general if the broker willing to help or advise you is good enough. Whether he/she helps you win a lot of money is another thing. I believe it is more of your own judgement when buying shares. Don't depend too much on other people advice.

Z070188. You learn fast. Good..

Good for business that you understand, look at their financial statements. The financial statment is made up of 3 MOST impt component. Profit and loss, Balance sheet, and cash flow.

My broker, last time only email me those investment seminars. mostly must pay. So I turned to a friend.. Learn the Basic of business first. First class: Price to earning Ratio..
Second Class, ROE return on Equity.. Infact ROE was also feature in Investment Journals(PHD students article) that the share price increase is largely significantly related to ROE and earnings potential.
Earnings? (Fai Hua.). ROE is what caught my attention, cos the journals say that the returns on his research was amazingly at 3%% to 40% p.a base on a stocks with good ROE.. I had also found a few article on analysing stock base on ROE..
Yield is impt too, particularly in Singapore. In US, Yield sometimes can make no sense when tax is in equation cos US tax on your Dividend.. My portfolio all give dividends from the range of 5% to 15% p.a. But be careful, I lost a lot investing on stocks that gives high yield and dis-regard other factors. Eg. A company gives out its cashflow in the form of Dividends from accounting factors "Depreciation"

Remember: Depreciation is reducting the company values and factor in the Profit and loss statement. But the company don't pay $$ for depreciated items. Its the loss in monetary value NOT money. But this Money accounted should NEVER be given out to shareholders.. I was NAIVE last time.. though i got a good buy. But learn this.. Concept in Accountings.

Eg. I buy a car for 10k for business and the car can last 10 years. Each year the car generate me $1.1k cash..

How much profit I made?
Answer: 0.1k profit.

Wheres the 1K go??
Answer 1 K should be retained in business?

Why, when the business generate $1.1k cash?
Consider the business ran for 10 year. The and business distribute 1k of depreciation to share holders and the 0.1k profit.

10 years later the business have ZERO.. value.

Then consider a business that give 0.1k profit. 10 years later, the depreciated value on the car of 1k each year retain in cash in the company savings, the business can still buy another car of $10k, hence the business maintiain a on-going concern. Cool?? Never ending business.

So never buy a company that distribute more then its profit and never buy one that dig into the depreciation values.

Got it?? ;)

Roland216

Reaction score

Also almost totally correct. Brokers recommendation, is always T + x factor late.

Brokers are indeed, WHOLE day see stock. They knew alot. Ok, Not all.. But their info can never be earlier.. theirs.
I take my eg. I bought NOKIA in NOV 2012. Its was US $2.9 First things, I Finally got the sign, I ran back home, log in Buy first, call Friends later. Another beside me, walk back home with me, get the info, the rest 1 hr late. That was a fortunate event, as my friend brother was around in my friend house. I was Alsolutely confident NOKIA Shoot up then so i told him. The rest of friend whom only act interest, I did not bother to tell them, cos When i sink, they let me sink, when i found gold so I dun tell them.
NOKIA first introduction in Europe, iTs a TOTAL SOLD OUT..
The question.Where I got my info on NOKIA.

I got a friend working in SOME university Engineering school. There is the GEEKS top spot. They had the first look at Geeky Technology stuff. I am no longer a IT geek. i need this info to buy Technology stock.
Geeks already speculating there will be a NOKIA break through. I was still doubtful, but my friend know technology best not ME. MUST consult the industry players. So he told me have confidence the Phone is indeed good.

My homework churn out. Patent war chest on NOKIA, sue LG, Samsung, iphone for patent infringement. Patent value is already more then $2 per share and haven include the tangible assets value. Share price is $3. Whua Paing. Downside risk is 30%. Upside is 70%.

I watch the NOKIA news for weeks, watchlist, google, bloomberg, reuters tracking NOKIA. in NOV.. 2012.
Boom. First nokia news. SOLD OUT in Germany, bla bla bla. Whua SIao liao. Run back home. Its a momentum run on NOKIA. Bought $3

1 month later while in Taiwan US$4 per share. WHo Sell.

then hover $3 for another 8 months then Microsoft bought over. Whua. KNS. $7 to $8 . ****..

This is call INVESTMENT HOMEWORK. Must learn to be an investigator, not speculators. If you can't write an essay on the company, dun buy the stocks. Dig, Dig and DIG. Visit the company, see their product, talk to the sales person on their product. See product reviews, complains. consult their industry expert by chit chating. Friends and relatives working in the company laggy best, look at the manager and directors morale.. any throngs of black jacket and white shirt in the accounting department acting busy??? What the CFO say, dividend history. Their Treasury how much shares, how much current asset. .. Check their warehouse if near your house, Their warehouse got Overtime or not.. The office cleanliness, that speak how well the company is managed..

This are the piles of advice I get from the books in the library la.. Lots of work like Investigation, or STALKING the company lor. its sound so creeepy if its a girl la, but sound so logical when investment.

Quote from Buffet: "invest in company you understand.".
Buying a shares which one doesn't know much about its profitability is like gambling..

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Also almost totally correct. Brokers recommendation, is always T + x factor late.

Brokers are indeed, WHOLE day see stock. They knew alot. Ok, Not all.. But their info can never be earlier.. theirs.
I take my eg. I bought NOKIA in NOV 2012. Its was US $2.9 First things, I Finally got the sign, I ran back home, log in Buy first, call Friends later. Another beside me, walk back home with me, get the info, the rest 1 hr late. That was a fortunate event, as my friend brother was around in my friend house. I was Alsolutely confident NOKIA Shoot up then so i told him. The rest of friend whom only act interest, I did not bother to tell them, cos When i sink, they let me sink, when i found gold so I dun tell them.
NOKIA first introduction in Europe, iTs a TOTAL SOLD OUT..
The question.Where I got my info on NOKIA.

I got a friend working in SOME university Engineering school. There is the GEEKS top spot. They had the first look at Geeky Technology stuff. I am no longer a IT geek. i need this info to buy Technology stock.
Geeks already speculating there will be a NOKIA break through. I was still doubtful, but my friend know technology best not ME. MUST consult the industry players. So he told me have confidence the Phone is indeed good.

My homework churn out. Patent war chest on NOKIA, sue LG, Samsung, iphone for patent infringement. Patent value is already more then $2 per share and haven include the tangible assets value. Share price is $3. Whua Paing. Downside risk is 30%. Upside is 70%.

I watch the NOKIA news for weeks, watchlist, google, bloomberg, reuters tracking NOKIA. in NOV.. 2012.
Boom. First nokia news. SOLD OUT in Germany, bla bla bla. Whua SIao liao. Run back home. Its a momentum run on NOKIA. Bought $3

1 month later while in Taiwan US$4 per share. WHo Sell.

then hover $3 for another 8 months then Microsoft bought over. Whua. KNS. $7 to $8 . ****..

This is call INVESTMENT HOMEWORK. Must learn to be an investigator, not speculators. If you can't write an essay on the company, dun buy the stocks. Dig, Dig and DIG. Visit the company, see their product, talk to the sales person on their product. See product reviews, complains. consult their industry expert by chit chating. Friends and relatives working in the company laggy best, look at the manager and directors morale.. any throngs of black jacket and white shirt in the accounting department acting busy??? What the CFO say, dividend history. Their Treasury how much shares, how much current asset. .. Check their warehouse if near your house, Their warehouse got Overtime or not.. The office cleanliness, that speak how well the company is managed..

This are the piles of advice I get from the books in the library la.. Lots of work like Investigation, or STALKING the company lor. its sound so creeepy if its a girl la, but sound so logical when investment.

Quote from Buffet: "invest in company you understand.".
Buying a shares which one doesn't know much about its profitability is like gambling..

you sound very excited :s13:

zawoo86

Reaction score
Sorry TS, I hijack abit.

What's the diff between remisier and broker ??

Regarding TS topic.
I'm using POEM too, my first trading account. I have a remisier not a broker. Initially, he was very no chap. Also can feel he was looking down me. He questioned every single trade and action I made. I didn't really like his tone either. You can't really blame them either because they are handling yor risks.

Up until a point I've made a series short profitable trades, he become more friendly. He handled all my requests promptly. I guess different from broker to broker ba.

Maybe you can elaborate more on why you think he sucks.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sorry TS, I hijack abit.

Regarding TS topic.
I'm using POEM too, my first trading account. I have a remisier not a broker. Initially, he was very no chap. Also can feel he was looking down me. He questioned every single trade and action I made. I didn't really like his tone either. You can't really blame them either because they are handling yor risks.

Up until a point I've made a series short profitable trades, he become more friendly. He handled all my requests promptly. I guess different from broker to broker ba.

What's the difference among billiard, snooker, pool?

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my trading representative from ocbc does not question what i do since he know i'm more of a dividend investor.
he only just forward me emails about reits and telcos, once a while offer his view on reits.
often he reminds me via whatsapp to settle my payment, told him i will wait for the settlement letter and he never bother me anymore.
used to have transaction almost every month, now i only buy when STI is down.

overall, he gives me a quite introvert kind of personality and seldom seem sure about market moments.
so i don't really trust his views as i tend to believe myself more after all is my own money.

Last edited:

teerance85

Reaction score
At least your broker/remiser keeps in contact with you. My broker only send me CNY and bday cards every year.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
At least your broker/remiser keeps in contact with you. My broker only send me CNY and bday cards every year.

wah best, i registered my number for the dnc, my broker never call me le :(

Roland216

Reaction score
Sorry TS, I hijack abit.

Regarding TS topic.

A stock broker refers to a remisier and dealers. There is little to no difference in job scope. A remisier on the other hand is a "business" mind guy whom is TOTALLY responsible for their clients. Remisier interest is to 1.Make client happy and given sound advise so that customer make money. 2. Make a commision from the customer for the trade. The more trade and the more loyal the customer is to them the happier the remisier thus more Honest with the client. A remisier need to park 30k with the company as its a MAS requirement. Remisier are mostly above 30 because of the HUGE hurdle to be a remisier. 30K deposit, no salary. Almost everything they need to provide themselve. Notice: 30K. they probably had made it in stock market, to be able park 30k out right?? I notice my office, got 50% above 40 years old liao. Hence these remisier know that the investor feel and think cos they are mostly investor themselves.
A dealer is part staff part commission base.They receive a salary and a small fraction of the commission. They bare no risk as the entire risk is bare by the company. They also don't need to park 30k with the company. Their client base need to be very big, but client provided by the company. They are younger in nature. From my past observation, after a certain years, dealer will automitically convert to remisier.

Hope this explain.

xiaohui88

Reaction score
Hi Roland

Within 1 month you can make increase in 25%, I can make 25% in a week on my own. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.