A.C. Milan Forum - Welcome to San Siro, Home of the Rossoneri

Zacxaviqer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, We draw the match... In a match wre Parma is missing their relaible gk, their chief strikers, their main creator Morfeo and their centre mid Balsi, Milan is expected to come out victor but was held to a 0-0 draw... How abt a change of tatics, Mr Carlo Ancelotti??

hartly

Reaction score
Not much of tactical problem, I think, it's more on finishing problem. We just can't seem to score...

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Rui Costa linked with exit

Manuel Rui Costa is being tipped to leave Milan in the summer if he finally gets his hands on Lo Scudetto.

The 31-year-old has been in Italy since his move to Fiorentina in 1994 but he has yet to collect the elusive Serie A championship.

Having won the Champions’ League and the Coppa Italia last season, the Portuguese star is desperate for the title before he ends his Italian stint.

The playmaker went close to winning the League with the Viola under the guidance of Giovanni Trapattoni in 1999, but their title challenge faded after an injury to Gabriel Batistuta.

Now reports suggest that Rui Costa will return to former club Benfica at the end of term if Milan conclude the season as champions.

The Rossoneri are believed to be willing to sell the player after the emergence of 21-year-old Brazilian sensation Kaka.

Rui Costa has also been associated with moves to Barcelona and Liverpool in recent months.

The Premiership side could also be the January destination of Milan flop Rivaldo after he confirmed negotiations had taken place.

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Alex to replace Rivaldo

Milan have already found the replacement for Rivaldo as an offer is tabled for fellow Brazilian Alex.

Rossoneri director Ariedo Braida has been in South America all week to discuss future deals and has seemingly sewn up an agreement with Santos.

Alex Rodrigo Dias da Costa is 21 years old and already a crucial element of the team in central defence.

Several big clubs are trailing the young talent, but Milan have reportedly bagged the deal for around £5m.

In order to sign the Brazilian they must first sell another non-EU player and Rivaldo already has his bags packed.

“This has been the worst year of my career,” confessed the former Barcelona star and current San Siro benchwarmer.

“At this stage all I can do is wait for January to arrive. I have had talks with Liverpool, but I cannot say more than that.”

Meanwhile, Milan are also tracking another mid-season target after new tests confirmed Serginho will be out until the New Year with ruptured ankle ligaments.

Perugia wide man Fabio Grosso has impressed this season and earned his third Italy cap against Poland midweek.

It is possible the Grifoni will let him go in January despite their difficult start to the campaign.

Zacxaviqer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Milan has brought Fabio too according to many sources... and also if Milan failed to buy Grosso, Milan will try to buy Trasbelsi... Well, Not bad....

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 10 - 23/10/03 (20.30)
Chievo 0 - 2 Milan
Shevchenko 45, 50 (M)
Stadio Bentegodi
------------------------------------------------

Andriy Shevchenko celebrated his 100th official goal for the club as Milan finally beat their Stadio Bentegodi taboo.

Milan needed a win here to maintain the title pace set by Juventus and Roma, but they had never before taken all three points from the Stadio Bentegodi. Chievo have earned a 3-2 victory and a 1-1 draw during their previous encounters here, but the Rossoneri did run out 5-2 winners in last year's Coppa Italia.

Brazilians Kaka' and Marcos Cafu were rested following their 2006 World Cup qualifiers in South America, while Jon Dahl Tomasson stepped in for the not 100 per cent fit Pippo Inzaghi. There were problems in defence with Paolo Maldini, Kakha Kaladze and Dario Simic all out of action.

Chievo had an aggressive start and Salvatore Lanna had the first shot on goal after four minutes.

Milan slowly began to settle in to the match and fans thought Manuel Rui Costa had finally scored his first goal for the club, but his fierce drive was fingertipped inches wide of the post.

Massimo Ambrosini then whistled a powerful effort wide from almost 30 metres, while goalkeeper Luca Marchegiani charged off his line to block an Andriy Shevchenko counter-attack.

There was controversy before the break when Chievo Coach Gigi Del Neri was sent off for dissent.

Milan were threatening a goal and it eventually came in first half stoppage time. Gennaro Gattuso swept a fine cross into the centre for an Andriy Shevchenko free header. The Ukrainian has now celebrated his 100th official goal in a Rossoneri jersey.

At the dawn of the second half Shevchenko made it two when he sprung the offside trap on a Rui Costa pass and slammed in at the near post. Chievo claimed that the goal should have been disallowed, but Fabio Moro appeared to be keeping several players onside.

Mario Alberto Santana was unable to start due to a thigh problem, but tried to introduce some creativity in the second half along with Under-21 international Giuseppe Sculli.

Milan thought they had earned a third on the hour mark when Rui Costa set up Tomasson, but the Dane's effort cannoned off the crossbar and back out with the goalkeeper beaten.

The Rossoneri dominated and Tomasson was clear on goal when he was dragged back by Salvatore Lanna. The captain was only booked as another defender was close by.

Clarence Seedorf replaced Shevchenko and with his first touch brought a tough save out of Marchegiani, aiming his powerful drive from over 30 metres. Carlo Ancelotti gave Under-21 international hitman Marco Borriello a rare outing in the final five minutes.

Chievo's first shot on goal was in the 86th minute, Amauri's low drive bringing a comfortable save out of Dida. Soon after he blocked a header from the young Brazilian.

------------------------------------------------

Chievo: Marchegiani; Moro, Sala, Barzagli, Lanna; Morrone, Perrotta, Baronio (Sculli 55), De Franceschi (Santana 52); Pellissier (Pinilla 71), Amauri

Milan: Dida; Costacurta, Nesta, Laursen, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo (Redondo 83), Rui Costa, Ambrosini; Shevchenko (Seedorf 74), Tomasson (Borriello 85)

Ref: Farina

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Ancelotti praises Milan control

Carlo Ancelotti was content with the performance that crushed Chievo 2-0 and kept Milan in the title race.

“We took control of the game and kept a firm hand on it throughout,” assured the tactician.

“Chievo constantly tried to play the long ball game, and that is simply not our ideal style. We played the ball to feet and were in charge of the encounter.”

There were reports that Dida would be left on the bench with the other Brazilians, but the goalkeeper was given the nod despite suffering from jet lag.

“I understand that Christian Abbiati is not happy at spending so much time on the bench,” conceded Ancelotti, “but there is nothing I can do about that.”

“The rotation system must be evaluated for every match based on the fitness of your players at that precise moment. We do not change players just for the sake of it.”

Andriy Shevchenko’s brace decided tonight’s clash with Chievo, but he is concentrating only on Milan’s progress.

“Scoring goals is important for me,” he noted after surpassing his first Century in official games with the Rossoneri jersey, “but they only truly count when the team wins.”

The Ukrainian was able to celebrate on both counts following the 2-0 victory at the Bentegodi, the first time Milan have ever won a Serie A match here.

“It was a very difficult game,” added the striker. “Apart from Chievo’s abilities, it wasn’t easy to play knowing that Juventus, Roma and Inter had picked up such resounding victories earlier this weekend.”

“Now that this victory has boosted our confidence we can concentrate on the upcoming trip to Ajax,” he concluded.

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Milan transfer plans uncovered

Milan director general Ariedo Braida has revealed which players his club may swoop for in the future.

The Rossoneri have been linked with a host of individuals in recent months and Braida has surprisingly put the record straight.

"We are keeping a very close eye on two Brazilians," he told the Italian weekly ‘Controcampo’ on Monday.

"The first is Sao Paulo striker Luis Fabiano and the other is Alex, a central defender who plays for Santos.

"Fabiano is a tall target man, similar in style to Christian Vieri, but I want to see a bit more of him first."

The Champions’ League winners have also been linked with Stuttgart forward Kevin Kuranyi and Fernando Torres of Atletico Madrid.

"The German is very fashionable at the moment," he remarked. "As for Torres, he is too expensive.

"The past has also shown that Spaniards don’t tend to do that well away from their own country."

Meanwhile, reports that Anderlecht ace Walter Baseggio is on his way to Inter are becoming more concrete.

"I dream about playing in Italy," said the 25-year-old. "Therefore I’m delighted that Inter are keen on me.

"I’ve spoken to Enzo Scifo (formerly of Inter and Torino) who told me of the pressure in Serie A but I think I’m strong enough to emerge."

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Rivaldo and Maldini back

Rivaldo and Paolo Maldini have been included in the Milan squad for Wednesday’s game at Ajax.

The defender returns after a thigh injury, while Rivaldo is one of the 22 despite only returning to Italy on Sunday from Brazil.

The recovery of Maldini is of particularly relief to boss Carlo Ancelotti as Alessandro Nesta is suspended.

The European champions will also still be without Kakha Kaladze and Serginho because of injury.

The Rossoneri will be looking for a win in Amsterdam which could ensure them safe passage to the last 16 knockout phase of the Champions’ League.

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Dida, Fiori.

Defenders: Cafu, Costacurta, Laursen, Maldini, Pancaro, Simic.

Midfielders: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Seedorf.

Forwards: Borriello, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Tomasson.

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 10: Best Eleven Of The Week

Luca Bucci (Empoli) - Two great saves on efforts by young Rosina were vital in securing the Tuscans their first win of the season.

Martin Laursen (AC Milan) - Starts and then stars in the stadium in which he began his Serie A career in.

Fabio Cannavaro (Inter) - His 30 meter blast gave an extremely important lead to Inter, who up till then were having problems threatening Reggina. Then, the show was able to begin.

Lorenzo Stovini (Lecce) - A completely different player from the one that enormously struggled in the early part of the season.

Ze Maria (Perugia) - The Grifoni's Brazlian wing was a constant thorn in the side of the Lazio defense. Unfortunately his team-mates ruined his majestic match.

Andy van der Meyde (Inter) - Holland's Euro 2004 qualification returned a new Van der Meyde to the Serie A, hopefully the real one.

Olivier Dacourt (AS Roma) - Playing at his best levels since his arrived to Roma last winter.

Pavel Nedved (Juventus) - Can't remember the last time he played badly. A regular guest in our weekly best eleven.

Francesco Totti (AS Roma) - The yellow and red skipper opened the scoring in Bologna with his first goal in almost two months. It was a beauty that propels him back into contention for the Ballon D'Or.

Obafemi Martins (Inter) - His slalom in between the Reggina defenders and his successive winning strike is something to remember.

Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan) - His Chievo brace clinched his 100th and 101st Serie A goals. Many more to come…

Source : http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/r5579.html

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carlo Ancelotti thanked city rivals Inter for the win they achieved over Juventus yesterday, but added that if Milan are first it's mainly thanks to what his team did up until now.

"Inter's result was fundamental, but I wouldn't like people to think we are first thanks to them. Our points belong entirely to us, one after the other," said Ancelotti.

The Milan coach then complimented Andrea Pirlo, author of another fantastic match.

"I already said that in his role, he's the best in the world. Did you see what pass he made to Sheva for our first goal?," he said.

Zacxaviqer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally we exdous lst year jinx by winning against an avg team even though we are playing badly.... That a sure sign of better thing to come...

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 17 - 18/1/04 (20.30)
Brescia vs Milan Preview
LIVE on SCV Ch22, 19 Jan, Mon @ 03:25am
Stadio Rigamonti
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The stage is set for a shock result as Roberto Baggio’s giant-killers take on a Milan side with the strongest away record in Serie A.

This will be the Divine Ponytail’s last season due to the fitness problems which continue to plague his career. Baggio was a doubt to feature against Lazio last week with a muscular injury, but was able to start and proved decisive in that 1-0 victory. That was the first time in 35 years that they had conquered the Capital, but goalscorer Gigi Di Biagio will miss this match through suspension, so Martinez steps into that defensive role.

Baggio spent a brief and unsuccessful period of his career with the Milan shirt on his back, one of many difficult experiences with the big clubs. The veteran seems more at ease with provincial sides such as Brescia and is determined to score those final two goals that will take his Serie A tally to 200.

Milan must win this encounter in order to have a chance of catching Roma in the race to be Winter Champions. This is the final round of ties in the opening half of the season, although Carlo Ancelotti’s men still have a game in hand with Siena to be played on January 28.

The Rossoneri had quite a shock when Reggina’s aggressive start saw them go 1-0 behind at the San Siro last week, but a Kaka’ brace and Andrea Pirlo penalty ensured the 3-1 victory. Pippo Inzaghi’s injury has forced Ancelotti into adopting a lone striker system with the Brazilian backing up Andriy Shevchenko and support is provided by Manuel Rui Costa. Alessandro Nesta is recovering from knee surgery and could make his comeback in this encounter.

Anything could happen at the Stadio Rigamonti, as Brescia are unbeaten in five games, while Milan have the best away record in Serie A thanks to six wins and two draws. In that time the European Champions have netted an impressive 14 goals and conceded just three.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Brescia (probable): Agliardi; Martinez, Petruzzi, Dainelli, Mauri; Filippini, Brighi, Matuzalem, Bachini; Baggio, Caracciolo

Milan (probable): Dida; Costacurta, Nesta, Maldini, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Rui Costa, Kaka’; Shevchenko

Ref: To folllow

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Nesta wary of Brescia threat

Alessandro Nesta reveals how he is dealing with the return from six weeks on the sidelines, but warns his Milan risk a slip at on-form Brescia.

“I was a little tired after the Coppa Italia game midweek,” said the defender after making his comeback in the 2-1 win over Roma.

“Obviously the knee surgery and this long lay-off has affected my overall match fitness, but to be honest I thought it would be worse.”

The Italian international had been out of action since undergoing an operation in early December and missed out on the Intercontinental Cup.

The Rossoneri have managed to maintain one of the strongest defences in Serie A without him, but face a tricky trip to Brescia this Sunday evening.

“We will be playing against a team that is on fine form and we cannot afford any slip-ups,” he explained.

“It will be a tough game, as the Rondinelle have always given us problems in the past. The fact that Gigi Di Biagio is suspended is a bonus for us.”

All eyes will be on Roberto Baggio, as the Divine Ponytail aims for his 200th Serie A goal against his former club.

“Meeting Baggio is always a great pleasure and honour,” insisted Nesta. “Other than being a legendary player, he is also a good man.”

The two will no doubt clash at the Stadio Rigamonti, but the former Lazio man was also called to answer a bizarre transfer rumour linking Christian Vieri to Milan.

“I think that is pure fantasy football,” he smiled. “We have so many great strikers here that I doubt the club is looking for any more.”

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
demouse said:

they're at MilanMania celebrating

yah man. because they are a lot of milan fans there. got quite a few locals there.
i don't quite like to post here as there are too few seria a supporters here.

hartly

Reaction score
Well, that's the one that confuse me, cos everybody at any other Milan forums are celebrating except for this one

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
hwmook said:

yah man. because they are a lot of milan fans there. got quite a few locals there.
i don't quite like to post here as there are too few seria a supporters here.

than u guys come here more often lah, i think i updated this thread more than any milan fans here :rolleyes:

also drag those local fans here, make this the singapore milan fan meeting place

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there got latest news and more people interested in soccer not just epl.

somemore hardwarezone forums is always busy.

i also don't feel like updating news here cause its not going to be read by many people anyway.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.