Microsoft Surface

bedlamite

Reaction score
Junk article infested with the writer's own bias.

Satya wants to position the company towards mobile and services, why drop the Surface line then? Pretty much everybody's given up on RT but the Pros and all the other 3rd party Win8 tablets are poised for success. Full Windows on a tablet is no joke. You could make the argument for keeping an iOS tablet with the sheer variety of the App store but why bother with Android tablets any more? Why dick around with tablets with toy mobile OSes when you can have a desktop OS in it? The actual implementation still has some ways to go, but I believe MS were right to merge the desktop with the tablet.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I would prefer freedom case but for kickstarter, the schedule could continue to delay. Only god knows whether it will be out on time

derekcai

Reaction score
Personally I would prefer freedom case but for kickstarter, the schedule could continue to delay. Only god knows whether it will be out on time

I tried to order but they said shipping option is not available....waiting for their email response

expositox

Reaction score
My RT's touchscreen gets unresponsive after a few hours in a 16 degrees air-con room, is this normal?
The back top plastic area also came out slightly, will MS do a one-to-one exchange or will they repair it?
Ug9dUCN.jpg

Stupid Idiot

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Warranty does not cover cosmetic defects right~? :crazy:

My RT's touchscreen gets unresponsive after a few hours in a 16 degrees air-con room, is this normal?
The back top plastic area also came out slightly, will MS do a one-to-one exchange or will they repair it?
Ug9dUCN.jpg

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks quite bad. If this were to happen for me, I would complain to Ms!!

expositox

Reaction score
How to hit 16deg in Singapore? Cold room? I don't think aircon can do it

Your aircon cannot set to 16 degrees?????? :eek:

Anyway if the touchscreen stopped functioning at even warmer temperatures, that would be worst than at 16 degrees. Imagine all those angmohs buy a set and bring back to their country with sub-zero temps :s8:

Bought this set second hand so idk what the previous owner used his set for, so I just asked servicing la, safer :s22:

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
normally aircon can set to 16 deg.
i suggest kaopeh to ms.
must point out that there no sign of any physical damage at all nor misuse.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At last decided to open up my touch cover 2 to try it out..... Wow, the feeling is much better than old touch cover

Amazing

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The surface 2 is advertising everywhere in town now and ytd they had an event at cineleisure!

kollybie

Reaction score
been using the surface pro bought last week. One of the best tablet/PC.

The type cover is highly recommended. Lucky I bought the SP rather then sony duo 11 or 13. Save me some money.

what I dun like is no HDMI and Ethernet port :(.

The full hd panel is nice. and OS booting is really fast thanks to the SSD, and less bloatware in the surface pro.

Sadly Microsoft disregard our market. Hopefully they can learn from Apple.

Sadly the Store market apps is really pathetic. Hopefully they can catch up with android and apple.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.