Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but doesn't that mean the single compressor will be working hard at night?
Is that more economical?

not really. it will save more electricity. make sure the compressor btu is enough for all 3 bedrooms. eg. 1 bedroom need 9k, than 3 will be 27k. but around 25k btu shld be ok.

terumo

Reaction score
To petetherock,

I prefer not to put the 3 rooms together in one compressor to better split out the wear & tear.

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
A question:
If there are 5 head units, and two compressors, what's the best way to divide them up?

3 bed rooms to one compressor and 3 head units, living room 2 head units and a compressor

OR

Master bedroom + living room one unit, then the two bedrooms and second living room unit another?

Thanks

Depends on your usage.

3 Bedrooms vs 1 CU, 2 Living Rooms vs 1 CU
Install with if only 2 bedrooms or less to be use at night.

Master Bedroom + Living Room vs 1 CU, 2 Bedrooms + 1 Living Room vs 1 CU
Install with for cooler room if all bedrooms to be use at night or living rooms to be use at the same time.

Spidie

Reaction score
Question:

I need to block out the vent of my door after aircon installation. Where can I buy the wallpaper to paste on the door vent ? I just need 3 small piece to cover the 3 doors with vents on top. Or anyone got any other recommendation to block up the vent ? Thanks

uchiharay

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a System 3 air-condition, any particular brand(s) to recommend?

funnyclown

Reaction score
Hi there,

Can advise is $5600 a reasonable quote for:

Mitsubishi system 2 inverter
MXY3a28va~1xMSYGE13VA~1xMSYGE26VA

Mitsubishi system 2 inverter
MXY2E20VA~2xMSYGE10VA

With fully new install & supply conceal piping for condo.

Appreciate your urgent reply.

Many thanks!

terumo

Reaction score
To funnyclown,
This amount is reasonable.

To uchiharay,
Mit Electric is a good brand, value for money.

wilson8

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend me where to buy aircon from for good workmanship and installation. I am looking to buy Mitsubishi Electric starmex sys 3 as my current sys 3 master bedroom is no longer cold after 5 yrs.

Don't ever buy fujitsu, the aircon authorised company winfinity is dishonest, cut my wire and tell me pcb spoil, 3x eev coil n 2x thermistor need replacement, total damage $685 wo gst.
only my mbr aircon is not cold and yet need to replace so many parts. Fujitsu is not repair friendly accor2ding to another contractor that I engage, he said the pcb is not inverted and difficult to access.

any aircon expert please recommend me a good installer and company to get ME sys3 since everyone recommend ME.

Many thanks in advance.

petetherock

Reaction score
Depends on your usage.

3 Bedrooms vs 1 CU, 2 Living Rooms vs 1 CU
Install with if only 2 bedrooms or less to be use at night.

Master Bedroom + Living Room vs 1 CU, 2 Bedrooms + 1 Living Room vs 1 CU
Install with for cooler room if all bedrooms to be use at night or living rooms to be use at the same time.

Thanks, sounds reasonable.

I will appreciate a recommendation for a good economical 2 + 3 system air con, that is low on power consumption and a good installer too.
I don't mind those mega shops or a small one.

But they need to remove the current unit and dispose of it too.

I prefer to get a good one rather than just get a budget one and it spoils only too soon.

Thanks

If it's not possible to post the shop, a pm will do fine too.
Cheers

ILSIIN140

Reaction score
Excellent Aircon Service - Ace Cool Aircon

my aircons needed servicing and I looked up the forum in the hardwarezone. Lo and behold, I got the Ace Cool Aircon contact. I called a Max up and he arranged for servicing done within two days. The guys obviously knew what they were doing and I am very pleased with their work. They were efficient and effective. They serviced 3 aircon and another 3 they did a general wipe and did not charge me!! Max's mobile is 91168876. What could be the better promotion than a satisfied customer?

zellhwang

Reaction score
Replacement of compressor

Hi all,

I have an 3 + 1 setup for bedrooms and living room. Recently, my multi split unit starts to give problem. It will trip the RCCB after 2-3 hours of operation, after which it will trip it within minutes of operation if you switch it on again.

My guess is that the compressor is burning out, since the unit has been running for 6 years plus. The compressor is from Toshiba, model RAS3M20 (non-inverter). I am thinking about what compressor to replace. I hope to resuse the pipings to reduce costs and trouble. If I am not wrong, the Refrigerant should be R22. So, it should be better to stick to R22, since the R410 has higher pressure requirements ?

Anyone has any recommendations ?

Thanks.

terumo

Reaction score
To zellhwang,

To reuse piping for HDB, cost actually wont save a lot. If possible replace all the piping unless some other reason deters you from doing so like dismantle warerobe, ceiling etc...

If use back piping, R22 will be better & i think the only option is Daikin.

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an 3 + 1 setup for bedrooms and living room. Recently, my multi split unit starts to give problem. It will trip the RCCB after 2-3 hours of operation, after which it will trip it within minutes of operation if you switch it on again.

My guess is that the compressor is burning out, since the unit has been running for 6 years plus. The compressor is from Toshiba, model RAS3M20 (non-inverter). I am thinking about what compressor to replace. I hope to resuse the pipings to reduce costs and trouble. If I am not wrong, the Refrigerant should be R22. So, it should be better to stick to R22, since the R410 has higher pressure requirements ?

Thanks.

Did you consider to change your compressor to another brands or just stick with Toshiba?
Only can choose the compressor which using R22 if you want to re-use piping.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Zellhwang,

Are you able to switch on the aircon again without tripping say after a few hours or 1 day later? Then the cycle repeats afer itself (2-3 hours trip then afterwhich will continuously trip once you switch on)?

Otherwise is your aircon tripping every single time you on it now?

If it is the former, chances are condensation formed after 2-3 hours of operation and the condensation has hit a wiring/part and caused a trip to happen. Afterwhich it will continue to trip until the wet area dries up and you are able to restart your unit again without tripping. However the cycle will repeat itself after running the system for some time as condensation will form again.

If it is the latter, chances are some parts have shorted out and needs to be checked.

Both scenarios, the trip could be caused by any part and not only restricted to the outdoor unit (compressor). I would suggest that you have your contractor do a check to determine the actual cause so as not to replace the wrong part.

If you are looking at reuse of pipings running on R22 and if you are relatively sure that your pipings are not facing as gas leakage or sweating insualtion problem, for safety measures you can stick back to R-22 system which is as what fellow forumer Terumo have mentioned, Dakin.

Otherwise, if you are changing into a new system running on R410, best that you have the proper flushing procedures done so as not to cause damage to your system.

Alternatively, you can also look into compressor replacement however the price might not be cost efficient. (Replacement can be with an Original Toshiba of the same model or a compatible brand).

Best that you have your contractor do a check to determine the cause of fault first and get a quotation on the repair/replacement before considering your possibilities.

My take is that if your system have been constantly giving you problems and the fault this time after checking lies in the compressor, I would consider to change to a whole new system completely for a peace of mind.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi all,

Thanks.

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
First check your air con MCB is using 20 amp or not . coz old molde RCCB many using 15 amp for air con . I come a cross sometime is the MCB or RCCB is fault . :)

zellhwang

Reaction score
Hi terumo, savings is one part, my bigger concern is I have a baby at home and wouldn't want to make the place dusty/messy.

Yes, I have done some research and it seems like Daikin is the only option for the current market if I were to stick to R22. Thanks. :)

To zellhwang,

To reuse piping for HDB, cost actually wont save a lot. If possible replace all the piping unless some other reason deters you from doing so like dismantle warerobe, ceiling etc...

If use back piping, R22 will be better & i think the only option is Daikin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.