Need help with my Wifi setup

ahsiao80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello peeps!

My Singtel 300mbps fibre is coming soon and I'm hopping people in this forum can assist me on the preparation of the Wifi in my house. i understand the modem Singtel provide will only have a max speed of 110mbps for wifi, so any solution to get the max out of it?

My TP is in the living room and I'm using my MBP Retina (Without Ethernet port) in my room which is about 5M away max from the modem.

Appreciate all help in-advance, thanks!

bazingaman

Reaction score
5M away.. should be no prob with coverage. Speed - i doubt there is any chance to hit 300 mbps on WiFi. Personally I'll be quite happy if I can get 50Mbps :)

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
140ish will be the fastest you can get. Very wasted to get 300 and only use wifi

azrin619

Reaction score
But mine house will become very ugly >.<

If you do properly...won't be ugly la bro...won't have wires running about....

Anyway..Wifi max is 140mbps or so even on AC...as I heard ASUS is getting into trouble exceeding the power transmission

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.