[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are you suppose to rub the charcoal on your teeth??
if not try pumice? i like colgate professional clean, contains pumice like material inside. very clean... can clean off those yellow teeth stain.

kenmura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah.. pan sear and put in oven seems simple to you but considered elite to me :eek: i hate washing up.

Eh no lah bro, I'm a total noob at cooking. The wife is a much better cook.
You should try, really very simple!!

Tonight's dinner even simpler - butter and olive oil in a pan together with the lightly seasoned chicken breasts and throw the whole pan into the oven. Only pan frying the rashers of bacon and the mushrooms took a little bit more effort, but that's only because the chicken breasts took no effort at all :o

1932220_10202969914985063_719175328_n_zps2d978c30.jpg

10171711_10202969915185068_919784924_n_zpsc8fb7389.jpg

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tonight's dinner even simpler - butter and olive oil in a pan together with the lightly seasoned chicken breasts and throw the whole pan into the oven. Only pan frying the rashers of bacon and the mushrooms took a little bit more effort, but that's only because the chicken breasts took no effort at

looks good! pan searing plus baking it after are what those chef in masterchef do heh heh

rmb to eat ur vege too! else u will get constipated

kenmura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah.. pan sear and put in oven seems simple to you but considered elite to me :eek: i hate washing up.

looks good! pan searing plus baking it after are what those chef in masterchef do heh heh

rmb to eat ur vege too! else u will get constipated

and after watching masterchef, noobs like me try to copy shamelessly and end up steak that's too well done :s13::s13::s13:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and after watching masterchef, noobs like me try to copy shamelessly and end up steak that's too well done :s13::s13::s13:

hahhaa it's still my favorite TV programme. sometimes I even cry along with the contestant hahha

learnt alot of tips from them. now I totally never touch soya sauce, oyster sauce etc .

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agree. but firstly the body must be strong enuff to sustain during the process. which i feel it would not be the case when i was not on LCHF. usually a flu or food poisoning would have knock me out totally last time.

again, the best medicine to our bodies is food. we eat for the most part of our life. if we do it right with our food intake, our bodies will build up strongly. :D

QR kor kor so li hai.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
oh wow. just rinsing will do? thats cool. plus they doesnt harm your teeth.
actually i got phobia of foam. so the professional clean is gel form, works for me and the addition of pumice is an added bonus.hehe.
phobia of foam? seriously..

Eien_kisu

Reaction score

hahah wah your wife cooks restaurant quality food.

cannot copy recipes blindly.. Singapore have a different humidity and room temperature compared to ang moh countries. My chef friend told me Ang moh chefs in singapore always complain Singapore salt and sugar too moist, e.g. sugar on creme brulee takes longer to caramelise.

sigh.. steaks sold in singapore supermarkets are so thin. cannot follow ang moh style of searing, confirm well done. unless you get 1-2 inch cuts from butchery. :s13:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cannot copy recipes blindly.. Singapore have a different humidity and room temperature compared to ang moh countries. My chef friend told me Ang moh chefs in singapore always complain Singapore salt and sugar too moist, e.g. sugar on creme brulee takes longer to caramelise.

sigh.. steaks sold in singapore supermarkets are so thin. cannot follow ang moh style of searing, confirm well done. unless you get 1-2 inch cuts from butchery. :s13:

heh heh heh. that's when the butcher comes in..

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
phobia of foam? seriously..

had a hard time overcoming soap and toothpaste foam since young.
hence, i really cannot understand how people enjoy bubble bath sia.. lol. seeing lots of foam makes me gag even up to now

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tonight's dinner even simpler - butter and olive oil in a pan together with the lightly seasoned chicken breasts and throw the whole pan into the oven. Only pan frying the rashers of bacon and the mushrooms took a little bit more effort, but that's only because the chicken breasts took no effort at all :o

1932220_10202969914985063_719175328_n_zps2d978c30.jpg

10171711_10202969915185068_919784924_n_zpsc8fb7389.jpg

wah see le hungry leh!!

kenmura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good morning butties! =:p

hahhaa it's still my favorite TV programme. sometimes I even cry along with the contestant hahha

learnt alot of tips from them. now I totally never touch soya sauce, oyster sauce etc .

wahahahahah
damn drama leh you
to be honest, i'm not a huge fan of masterchef
i love to watch cooking shows, so I end up being hooked on food network asia & asian food channel... but I watch programs like Top Chef, Iron Chef America and Diners, Drive Ins & Dives :o Then I sneak onto youtube to watch Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares

Ah that's a very good point bro... but for noobs like me, I really have to follow recipes because I rarely cook!

Take the steak for example - it's actually grass fed Australian beef bought from QB foods. Paid around $80 for the entire slab of beef, nicely cut into 1 1/2 inch thick steaks and then vacuum packed into packets of 2 steaks each (so I ended up 12 pieces of 1 1/2 inch steaks and some bits and pieces for my dog for $80).

That's why based on the size, I thought can just blindly follow the ang moh recipes for medium rare steak. Popped it into the pre-heated oven for 6 minutes @ 225 degrees. Took it out, let it rest and was expecting a nice pink centre...but when i realised it was too well done, sibeh disappointed. :(

kenmura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which reminds me... some of the experts here previously posted their recipe for home-made pork lard... need to dig it out. My wife has agreed to help me prepare it. We've got the pork lard from the market sitting in our fridge and the pink salt sitting on our spice rack... just need the recipe now... =:p

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
had a hard time overcoming soap and toothpaste foam since young.
hence, i really cannot understand how people enjoy bubble bath sia.. lol. seeing lots of foam makes me gag even up to now
oic. everyone has their own fear :)

then you don't brush teeth and bathe? :eek: how you have bf? he always cover his nose ah :s13:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oic. everyone has their own fear :)

then you don't brush teeth and bathe? :eek: how you have bf? he always cover his nose ah :s13:

haha! of cos i got better now! i dont work up the shower gel to very foamy. actually there are actually body and hair product in the market without sodium sulphate. eg. bath salt. toothpaste can use gel toothpaste. not very foamy also

oh yah. liquid detergent has the most foam

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.