Xiaomi piston V2.0 gold

Pierre86

Master Member
Reaction score
Gotten my set from Taobao.

definitely its original. bcoz of the built quality and i compared mine and a fake ones via google, alot of ppl claim that there is a very nice smell from the original and fake one smells damn bad.

for review part: well for me SQ is fantastic, my previous IEM was EP630i. so probably that's why when i put on, immediately i hear very big difference...

take note, i don't own alot of earphones. i only replace my earphones when it about to die. as my EP630i had already serve me for 5yrs.

As for Groupon, i think its definitely fake. mine was purchase under time offer which is RMB99. plus shippping back here already cost me close to SGD$30 and i got original invoice from xiaomi company as well.

Bro, mind to SIC the link from taobao?:D

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought from Taobao....and now, they have it officially coming to Singapore -.-

chiaRH

Reaction score
anyone bought this? can start review?

350x700px-LL-a111b92f_Photo608.jpeg

I've owned one for quite some time, after hearing it well-reviewed on head-fi. It's a v-shaped signature, pretty good clarity. The main 'cons' are:

- stock eartips aren't so good (im using audio technica tips on mine)

- the inline remote has an awkward button position (the call button is on the opposite side from the volume buttons, so when pressing the call button your other fingers may accidentally hit the volume control). Also do note the volume control is for android and won't work on iPhone

- the cable is relatively short and not all of it is the so-called kevlar cable that is advertised, the cables from the driver housings to the remote are still typical rubber.

- this is just my personal perspective but for me it took quite a while to adapt to the feel of the earphones. The remote, plug and driver housings all are metal with tiny grooves, which cause some initial friction discomfort when i first wore them

By the way one common difference between the real and fake ones is the arrangement of the extra eartips inside the box
LL

in the real one, the biggest tip are in the middle. In the fake ones I've heard of, the tips are in order from smallest to biggest. Note however that the order of the tips for the IF edition is different.

Last edited:

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi seems to be launching the piston2 this coming
08/04.

Xiaomi Singapore

Ya guess so. Sneak peek there but no. Pricing haha.

FYI many fake redmi and power bank spotted. Reviews and complains can be found online, hwz Android forums and etc.

All of the above selling at same price and in large amount, which can't be real since xiaomi limit and prevents reselling of their products.

Therefore my advice is keep your $ for official piston than buy from online sellers like Groupon, Qoo10 and etc unless you can cfm it is real.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From facebook
Xiaomi Singapore
Mi Fan Festival is coming in 6 days time! For the first time ever, we'll be bringing you the Xiaomi In-Ear Earphones, which recently won the iF Design Award 2014 in Germany. It retails for S$20.99 but we're giving our Singapore Mi Fans a very special discount of 20% — making it available at ‪#‎MFF2014‬ exclusively for only S$16.80. Shiok! Now let's share this piece of great news with your friends!

chiaRH

Reaction score
From facebook
Xiaomi Singapore
Mi Fan Festival is coming in 6 days time! For the first time ever, we'll be bringing you the Xiaomi In-Ear Earphones, which recently won the iF Design Award 2014 in Germany. It retails for S$20.99 but we're giving our Singapore Mi Fans a very special discount of 20% — making it available at ‪#‎MFF2014‬ exclusively for only S$16.80. Shiok! Now let's share this piece of great news with your friends!

Considering their flash sales tactic i wonder how many buyers would actually want to 'share' the word and risk more buyers to compete with

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score

See page 1 of this thread for more info. Singapore selling $20 also by original Xiaomi.

And Xiaomi sell direct and not thru resellers. How can the deal website and merchant who is selling the earphone earn? How does the merchant get the stocks from?

Go to hwz Android subforum to know more abt fake Xiaomi products sold in SG on online websites.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.