Microsoft Surface

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? First time hear before lei.

true la, not lying. I replaced my monitor few months ago, otherwise I could have taken a photograph show ya. The scratch line was definitely caused by the keyboard plastic. I'm going to get SP as soon i get my surface. Still no $$$$$$.

I'm also looking at ZTE MF60 or any below $80 mifi, i don't want to drain my phone batt!

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
true la, not lying. I replaced my monitor few months ago, otherwise I could have taken a photograph show ya. The scratch line was definitely caused by the keyboard plastic. I'm going to get SP as soon i get my surface. Still no $$$$$$.

I'm also looking at ZTE MF60 or any below $80 mifi, i don't want to drain my phone batt!

Get the glass type la....feels shiok.....the film type so so only and I think it cost $15

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get the glass type la....feels shiok.....the film type so so only and I think it cost $15
Not cheap eh, $58. Good news! Windows 8.1 gets updated! But surface mini not heard yet. Perhaps June? By then surface pro 2 will be launched when the US market have surface 3. Hahahahahahha

md iszaki

Reaction score
Any Surface 2 users here? How's the productivity for office and school like?

Its superb. Ive been using it for the past 3 weeks for my lab report and presentations without any hi cups and my supervisor was impressed with it. Better than the lab com anyway. Best thing, I could call my gf in london for free since they have the free international call thingy. And so far its been 3 days since I last charge my surface 2.

On the other side, don bother wif the apps on windows store. Stick with ur android or ios for fun and games.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its superb. Ive been using it for the past 3 weeks for my lab report and presentations without any hi cups and my supervisor was impressed with it. Better than the lab com anyway. Best thing, I could call my gf in london for free since they have the free international call thingy. And so far its been 3 days since I last charge my surface 2.

On the other side, don bother wif the apps on windows store. Stick with ur android or ios for fun and games.
How about the free Skype wifi? Did you try it?

ccccccc

Reaction score
THe free skype wifi only applicable for certain countries.I have tried and can't use it in SG....

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am in love with my Surface Pro. Kills my iPad and other tablets for productivity.
Using it for meetings, works, etc.

Problem is power. I can't use an external power pack to recharge it but needed to rush to a socket to charge.

Think of two solutions,

1) Getting the Power Type Case. Anywhere in Singapore selling it?

2) Think of a way to charge the Surface Pro using powerbanks like those ones that can charge Net PCs or laptops. But maybe need to modify plug.
Anywhere in Singapore to buy those?
I know eBay sells them but troublesome to order.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next thing to do,

Test out the gaming capability of this wonderful tablet.
Would like to get the Surface Pro 2 but only could get my hands on Surface Pro.

redoctober83

Reaction score
To Surface 2 owners here, did you experience battery drain when the type 2 cover is engaged and you put Surface to sleep by pressing the power button? Mine was dropping 2 - 3% every hour while in sleep mode. I checked the battery report and found that the Surface 2 did not manage to sleep at all (it was in active mode all the while) which lead to the battery drain.

Funny thing is i had no such issue when i disengage the type cover before putting the cover to sleep. Any bros here can advise? Not practical to keep on detaching the cover whenever i want to put it to sleep. Alternatively i can switch off the surface but it defeats the point of having a tablet.

Thanks!

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks iszaki for the input! Think student price online is the cheapest to buy surface 2. Wont really need it for gaming.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
To Surface 2 owners here, did you experience battery drain when the type 2 cover is engaged and you put Surface to sleep by pressing the power button? Mine was dropping 2 - 3% every hour while in sleep mode. I checked the battery report and found that the Surface 2 did not manage to sleep at all (it was in active mode all the while) which lead to the battery drain.

Funny thing is i had no such issue when i disengage the type cover before putting the cover to sleep. Any bros here can advise? Not practical to keep on detaching the cover whenever i want to put it to sleep. Alternatively i can switch off the surface but it defeats the point of having a tablet.

Thanks!

may not be totally related. but i had my pro2 using type cover 2.
put it to sleep on tue night and it seemed ok. morning still had about 80% left.

but the following night wed night, i had plugged in a usb external drive with ethernet port via the usb hub. when i woke up, it was left with about 20%.

gonna try again and see if it was the usb devices draining it.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opinion: draining from USB devices is normal, it happens to laptop too. Especially USB dongle.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may not be totally related. but i had my pro2 using type cover 2.
put it to sleep on tue night and it seemed ok. morning still had about 80% left.

but the following night wed night, i had plugged in a usb external drive with ethernet port via the usb hub. when i woke up, it was left with about 20%.

gonna try again and see if it was the usb devices draining it.

Envy u bro for having the Pro 2.
I only managed to get the Pro until the 2 goes on sale, then I will change it.

Thinking about getting an external battery pack like Anker and modified plug to charge my Pro on the go.

whiteflag

Reaction score

Thinking about getting an external battery pack like Anker and modified plug to charge my Pro on the go.

let me know if u managed to find the modified plug,i am interested to get it as well

kind of frustrating i cannot use my existing power pack to charge

vesfreq

Reaction score

Yea lor. Pro 2 battery is much better and don't need external charging devices. :| And, stupid power cover always no stock in MS store USA. Can't order and the power cover on amazon/ ebay are super over priced. :eek:

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have ordered the plug online from eBay.
After that will test on my Anker charger.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
I have ordered the plug online from eBay.
After that will test on my Anker charger.

can share the link with me too?
but what's the voltage out of your current anker charger?
I thought it surface and pros are 12V? compared to usual HP/tablet power banks are 5V?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.