The Watch Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephkjc

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to get resonably priced, good quality watch box?

The stowa is coming this month and I thought it will be good to house it properly with my other watches. They might not cost a lot but they are like my little babies!

I am also looking to buy a watch box too. Maany avaibale online (like Qoo10) but can't tell how their quality is like

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nah no money now. But my heart skipped for a while =( . will only buy a watch 6 months later. My first automatic watch =X . If wallet allow, might consider the Royal orient one

I know that feel.

What you wearing now?

crapman

Reaction score
depends on what type of feel you wanna portray and which want you like the most.

in terms of iconicity, sub would be the most iconic with its divers background followed by the daytona for its racing heritage and im not sure about the gmt master.

in terms of versatility, all can be worn casual or smart i guess. down to what you looking for.

Frankly I prefer Daytona to GMT/Sub. Only thing about Daytona is that model is around 30k region. I am not there yet while GMT/Sub is achievable.

lolz problem about GMT/Sub is I like GMT looks to sub, but the hao lian in me wants Sub as blue plus two tone stands out more.

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score
I was just about to ask...while we have all these talks abt ALS, how come no one mention anything abt ALS' little little bro, GO?

Not worth the mention or comparison at all?

My next watch should be a GO Panomatic Lunar :s12::s12::s12:!!! SEXY WOOHOO

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Frankly I prefer Daytona to GMT/Sub. Only thing about Daytona is that model is around 30k region. I am not there yet while GMT/Sub is achievable.

lolz problem about GMT/Sub is I like GMT looks to sub, but the hao lian in me wants Sub as blue plus two tone stands out more.

If u can, skip the two tones and save up for the rose gold daytona. The two tone I feel is not here not there. Throw in the sub or gmt color the whole watch looks too colourful. Honestly the daytona's chronograph function is useless. That's why I almost got the full gold GMT; got date got GMT and looks damn masculine with the big numerals and supercase.

I had a two tone daytona with diamond markers. Sold it after a yr. i also had a yellow gold daydate (president) but sold it too but I do miss it.

If u dont want full gold so loud then get full steel. After a while the two tone looked cliche to me so I sold the 116523.

I say go for the RG daytona. Its really nice. Or a YG GMT if u want. :)

Last edited:

crapman

Reaction score
If u can, skip the two tones and save up for the rose gold daytona. The two tone I feel is not here not there. Throw in the sub or gmt color the whole watch looks too colourful. Honestly the daytona's chronograph function is useless. That's why I almost got the full gold GMT; got date got GMT and looks damn masculine with the big numerals and supercase.

I had a two tone daytona with diamond markers. Sold it after a yr. i also had a yellow gold daydate (president) but sold it too but I do miss it.

If u dont want full gold so loud then get full steel. After a while the two tone looked cliche to me so I sold the 116523.

I say go for the RG daytona. Its really nice. Or a YG GMT if u want. :)

YG GMT is Yellow gold right? If so it is too bling for me haha.
I know what you saying about the chronograph. Frankly other than GMT's dual time or date. What other function will we normally use? I certainly dont use my speedmaster's tac lolz.

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Changed the strap of the orient I bought for my dad with the genuine croc leather I had for my Rolex daydate.
Looks so much nicer even my mum says so....

Heres a comparison with the original strap which I find is too black.....

width is slightly smaller but the colour matches better.....

Last edited:

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do get the watch box from ten10. His workmanship very good. I bought watch trays and several other things from him.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At a product presentation

20uec0k.jpg

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
V feel like getting the Orient Star Vintage Skeleton.. Was just gonna get an Eminence wtf happeneddd

6TRZ4Hr.jpg

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was just about to ask...while we have all these talks abt ALS, how come no one mention anything abt ALS' little little bro, GO?

Not worth the mention or comparison at all?

Of course worth e mention especially e panomatic lunar.

But it's like Rolex and Tudor. U won't find much fans of other Tudors other than black bay.

As for me I'd rather save up longer for e ALS than to get a similar looking GO.

just went Red Army Watch see see. They have 1 last stowa left. Limited edition 38 piece on the world =O DMG $1990

IMO, e limited edition is really not worth it. Unless its in a different material.

iamvintage

Reaction score
YG GMT is Yellow gold right? If so it is too bling for me haha.
I know what you saying about the chronograph. Frankly other than GMT's dual time or date. What other function will we normally use? I certainly dont use my speedmaster's tac lolz.

Which is one of the main reasons why I'm holding back on an SMP. The main draw of chronograph for me is that the movement make the open backs so much better looking.

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Changed the strap of the orient I bought for my dad with the genuine croc leather I had for my Rolex daydate.
Looks so much nicer even my mum says so....

width is slightly smaller but the colour matches better.....

Agreed looks more expensive :D

The original bambino strap is a bit tough too.

V feel like getting the Orient Star Vintage Skeleton.. Was just gonna get an Eminence wtf happeneddd
[/IMG]

Nice but not worth e price IMO.

This thread is jumping wy too fast to keep up :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.