ocbc 360 account

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's SAL.....?

also, T&Cs say that "only direct salary credits through GIRO with the description “GIRO –
SALARY” in your statements will qualify for this bonus."

i think mine like don't have, and i don't think i'm able to get my company to do it that way... hmm.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
i've signed up already..
too attractive and beat all the other local banks,
end of month will see if the interest come in. mine is also code SAL..

another thing is the branch officer mention the $400 might need to be from ocbc core cards only, this not confirm anyway.. i will try robinson card first this month and see
FRANK card should work right?

james9195

Reaction score
FRANK card should work right?

In the T&Cs, Private Label cards** are excluded. These include the Robinson card/BEST card** which hv 9 digit account numbers.

** i found this in my OCBC internet banking - go to add billing organisation and select "OCBC/Fariprice Plus credit card" as the billing organisation. You then click on the "i" button to find a popup box giving more information on what are the private label cards.

Robinsons credit card and OCBC-Best credit card should not be private label cards as their account numbers should be 16 digits (i dun hv either cards so can't confirm)

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
what's SAL.....?

also, T&Cs say that "only direct salary credits through GIRO with the description “GIRO –
SALARY” in your statements will qualify for this bonus."

i think mine like don't have, and i don't think i'm able to get my company to do it that way... hmm.

Hi MrCoconut, beri stupid idiot, EEXOOO

This is not an issue, because all the banks have different transaction descriptions for salaries received via Giro.

For DBS, its SAL
For POSB, its PAY
For OCBC, its Giro - Salary

^Greg
For OCBC Bank

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
To be frank, $50,000 is way too little. Not worth the effort to play the game. Rather put the whole chunk into other investments.

Hi Orange_Tea,

This is already a very attractive interest rate for a risk free deposit account.

For balances above $50k, you can always consider higher yielding investment instruments.

OCBC also has a Bonus+ product which has effective interest of 0.69% with no balance limit.

^Greg
For OCBC Bank

phileas

Reaction score
In the T&Cs, Private Label cards** are excluded. These include the Robinson card/BEST card** which hv 9 digit account numbers.

** i found this in my OCBC internet banking - go to add billing organisation and select "OCBC/Fariprice Plus credit card" as the billing organisation. You then click on the "i" button to find a popup box giving more information on what are the private label cards.

Robinsons credit card and OCBC-Best credit card should not be private label cards as their account numbers should be 16 digits (i dun hv either cards so can't confirm)

Thanks for the info,
My understanding is all OCBC credit cards count.. so Frank/ Robinson Credit cards should also be in.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCBC, does CPF top-up using Frank card qualify for the extra 1% interest?
Cos your T&Cs say retail transactions.

Last edited:

Flare

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

My salary account is already with OCBC saving, can i convert it to 360? :s12

tbchua

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,
How long will this 3.05 % interest rate be continue after the promotion period ends?
Tks.

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear OCBC,

Can if my nett salary credited to bank account is $19xx.xx, will it be rounded up to $2000? or must it be exact $2000 and above?

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score

i did that and
"OCBC / FairPrice Plus Credit Cards - Reference No: 16 digit card no. Please exclude all symbols and spaces in your bill reference number. Private Label Cards - Robinsons Card/The BEST Card - Reference No: 9 digit card no."

can OCBC confirm if spending on Robinsons card is not eligible for this promo?

phileas

Reaction score
I think this is a qn many of us have in mind...

This rate is too good to be for long,
but since they need the cash promotion should be there for a while until the target is hit..

I think eventually will normalize to the SCB rate around 1.88 with credit card spending.

So it makes sense to grab it early if don't mind the $3K lockin as many will be taking action soon.

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi MrCoconut, beri stupid idiot, EEXOOO

This is not an issue, because all the banks have different transaction descriptions for salaries received via Giro.

For DBS, its SAL
For POSB, its PAY
For OCBC, its Giro - Salary

^Greg
For OCBC Bank

Hi Greg, but my pay bill does not state any SAL, PAY, or giro or what. it just says "$XXX will be credited to your bank account on XX/XX/2014"

it seems like the t&c says that "only direct salary credits through GIRO with the description “GIRO – SALARY” in your statements will qualify for this bonus." so mine is not stated leh..

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCBC, $400 min. spend monthly does it include bill payments? eg. road tax, insurance, hp bill, those that use axs to pay?

therat

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Greg, but my pay bill does not state any SAL, PAY, or giro or what. it just says "$XXX will be credited to your bank account on XX/XX/2014"

it seems like the t&c says that "only direct salary credits through GIRO with the description “GIRO – SALARY” in your statements will qualify for this bonus." so mine is not stated leh..

we are talking about bank code that show in the bank statement and you are talking abt the statement refer in your OWN pay slip.

:s39:

Jedihan

Master Member
Reaction score
Why die die must be salary code? Cannot transfer in $2000 recurringly?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.