[guangzhou] recommend things to eat/shop/sight-see

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah so many GZ wholesale buyers here, wat products u sourcing? Some shops do sell individual items, not necessary buying in bulk, but u have to bargain by tellin the shopowners others are selling cheaper. A lot of shops selling the same item at the same stretch.

And they are own by the same people. So telling them the other shop is cheaper doesn't work.

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And they are own by the same people. So telling them the other shop is cheaper doesn't work.

Some shops are owned by the same family too, but I think the overall price there is lower than that in Spore, even for individual purchase.

Really depends on how u speak and nego, and whether u r on the same wavelength with the shopowner. Different overseas retailers wil have different quotation, depending on 眼缘 la.

:s12::s12:

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any sightseeing tour that we can engage? mine gf more to shopping. for me is more to sightseeing. any kind advice?

For sightseeing, I think u might be interested in Pearl River at nite, and the many museums and temples.

For shopping, u can shop at 北京路 or 上下九, a whole stretch of shophouses (something like Chinatown Pagado street), a lot of clothes and shoes. u will find a bigger variety of garments at the wholesale market next to 海珠广场。

If you are looking at international brands (something like Orchard Road), u can go to areas ard 天河城。But the prices there are really compatible to Spore, eg their Xiaomi and Samsung phones and Coach handbags etc. They also have a Spore-owned Food Republic food court there if u missed local food. Haha

Lastly, there is the famous 长隆游乐场,a mixture of zoo, night safari, waterfront rides, oceanarium and circus performance.

Hope it helps, maybe we might bump into ea other over there. haha

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got back from GZ this morning.

Stayed at Bauhinia Hotel. Location pretty alright. Walking distance to Beijing Road. Shangxiajiu isn't too far by taxi. Can walk to Zhuangyuanfang. Well, my colleague and I can walk so we walked. By walking, we came across interesting streets and eateries.

Seafood at Hongxing Restaurant. Good prices too. It's by the Haizhu Bridge. We walked there from Zhuangyuangfang. The soup is really nice! The abalone in tomato is awesome too. The crab bee hoon is also awesome! It came up to about RMB2xx for 2 person.
r2m9nl.jpg

There's a nice claypot rice stall near the wholesales shoe market. We chanced upon this. RM12 only. And really tasty.
6szwwp.jpg

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, the claypot rice looks nice. The weather quite hot there now rite? Any rain? Is there a Metro Line next to Beijing Road now rite?

Looking forward to go there next wed 9th Apr. Anyone with us???

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the weather now in GZ? Saw from tv like very bad weather heavy rains on this week.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, the claypot rice looks nice. The weather quite hot there now rite? Any rain? Is there a Metro Line next to Beijing Road now rite?

Looking forward to go there next wed 9th Apr. Anyone with us???

you never read news?

we didn't take the metro. we either take taxi or walk.

How's the weather now in GZ? Saw from tv like very bad weather heavy rains on this week.

weather was really bad on sat night and sunday. a lot of flights were cancelled and delayed. we were delayed for 2 hours.

2vry5wp.jpg

This was at 2am. A lot of drama. We waited inside the aircraft for 2 hours. Turbulence was bad. Felt like I was on a roller-coaster.

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought the weather was really bad at Hong Kong, but never knew the nearby Guangdong province also as bad. Hope it turns and remains better by next wk.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Well, you already said Guangzhou is nearby. The entire PRD is affected. I was caught in Macau. We see microclimate here in Singapore due to our island and coastal landscape. In contrast, in large countries like China, one would encounter weather fronts on a continental scale, yet weather forecasts are usually accurate to the local level.

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just check how do u to from airport to bauhinia airport?
Got back from GZ this morning.

Stayed at Bauhinia Hotel. Location pretty alright. Walking distance to Beijing Road. Shangxiajiu isn't too far by taxi. Can walk to Zhuangyuanfang. Well, my colleague and I can walk so we walked. By walking, we came across interesting streets and eateries.

Seafood at Hongxing Restaurant. Good prices too. It's by the Haizhu Bridge. We walked there from Zhuangyuangfang. The soup is really nice! The abalone in tomato is awesome too. The crab bee hoon is also awesome! It came up to about RMB2xx for 2 person.
r2m9nl.jpg

There's a nice claypot rice stall near the wholesales shoe market. We chanced upon this. RM12 only. And really tasty.
6szwwp.jpg

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So u decided where to stay? Takin SQ or Tiger? Luckily we go this comin wk, if next wk when Canton Fair kicks in, hotel will be very ex liao.

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to travel from gz to hk?

U can stay at the hotel that I stay in becoz it is just next to the High Speed Railways, got train goin to Shenzhen, HK, Beijing etc.

I am stayin at a hotel named Shanshui, just right above Guangdong Dongzhan Metro Station, and next to the High Speed Train Station.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My colleagues recommended "Shade, Zhanxi and Baima" wholesale market to me. Not sure anyone has any experience on these 3 wholesale market? I'm looking for middle to high end type of clothes. Thanks

Teox90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can stay at the hotel that I stay in becoz it is just next to the High Speed Railways, got train goin to Shenzhen, HK, Beijing etc.

I am stayin at a hotel named Shanshui, just right above Guangdong Dongzhan Metro Station, and next to the High Speed Train Station.

Thanks teddy I will be staying in bauhinia hotel which staying near wholesale shopping centre

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks teddy I will be staying in bauhinia hotel which staying near wholesale shopping centre

The hotel kinda good, just find the room abit small, 18-20m2.
Location is not bad, near beijing lu :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.