Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Newbie here. My new TV(DVB T2 ready) is able to receive all digital channels like HD5, Digital 8, U and CNA through the old SCV port. I saw some ppl can receive HD8 and HDU by installing indoor antenna or so. May I how much does it cost and where to buy it? I asked the Courts staff when I bought the TV and he just told me plug into the old SCV port can receive le lol.

any indoor antenna will do, even the rabbit ear iirc. can go hardware shop find.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My next step of the matter will be in testing the recording feature of the DVB-T2 box on the USB thumbdrive. First using the NTFS file system and then using the FAT32 file system.

Since a 15-min recording takes up to 1GB for a HD channel, I reckon it will cross the 4GB threshold for FAT32 very soon, and hence it's probably better to use the NTFS system.

Later will probably be testing a USB harddrive on it, with more capacity than a typical thumbdrive.

That is yet another problem that folks here don't talk about much.

Previously, I used DVB-T to record on PC & encountered this. Took me a while to figure out that the problem is with Fat32, where each file in Fat32 cannot exceed 4G. Later on, I switched to NTFS & EXT3 in linux since I'm using PC, most hollywood movies would be recorded into a file ranging between 10~14G. That's huge.

Question now, for those using Draco or the Ali 9003 tuner from aliexpress, have anyone reformating your USB drive to NTFS & managed to record a full movie into a single 10~14G file? If you use FAT32 for your USB harddisk, then your recording will just stop at 4G file. Is that correct?

pjs

Reaction score
That is yet another problem that folks here don't talk about much.

Question now, for those using Draco or the Ali 9003 tuner from aliexpress, have anyone reformating your USB drive to NTFS & managed to record a full movie into a single 10~14G file? If you use FAT32 for your USB harddisk, then your recording will just stop at 4G file. Is that correct?

My China Made Box:
"The receiver will only support USB device with FAT32 file system. It will not support NTFS file system"
Don't know about 4G limit though.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My China Made Box:
"The receiver will only support USB device with FAT32 file system. It will not support NTFS file system"
Don't know about 4G limit though.

Which tuner box you using? The Ali chipset 9003 from aliexpress?

Try it yourself, use EPG to record a Hollywood movie or any program that stretches for 2hours inclusive of ad. The recording will stop once the file hit 4G & into maybe ~40 minutes or 1/3 of the 2hours running time....

Last edited:

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If connect to HDB wall socket and got only these 2 channels means what huh? Bad reception or roof top antenna got filter?

UHF29 - 538MHz
Suria (HD) - live
Channel 5 (HD) - live

I tried using a Draco Digital Indoor Antenna and now can receive Ch8, Ch U etc. But cannot receive Suria and Ch 5 HD anymore :eek:

why like that?:(

kssk88

Reaction score
yep! :)
now looking at DAIYO EU 1702/SOUNDTECH TVA-600 for indoor antenna and getmecom hd9 for STB.

no one doing MO for getmecom?

I got a Getmecom hd9 from Indo thru a friend recently.

When scanning for channels, it ends at 690MHz. Many indonesian stations residing above 690MHz. Do take note if you need those higher freq channels.

Also from what I understand, currently only west Java is DVB ready where Sumatra,which is nearer to us, is another year to go. Reception could be better by then.

petetherock

Reaction score
Guys
Please keep any MO discussions and politics out of this thread.

Keep it to info sharing and technical discussion, thanks!

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
I got a Getmecom hd9 from Indo thru a friend recently.

When scanning for channels, it ends at 690MHz. Many indonesian stations residing above 690MHz. Do take note if you need those higher freq channels.

Also from what I understand, currently only west Java is DVB ready where Sumatra,which is nearer to us, is another year to go. Reception could be better by then.

You can do a manual scan for those frequencies above 690MHz.
Increment by the arrow on the remote or input directly using numbers, if I remember correctly.

As for reception, I doubt the signals from Sumatra would be strong enough to reach our shores. It's too far away.
The signals we are getting for Indonesian channels are from Batam.
They have DVB-T2 already. Some here were able to receive.

aldente

Reaction score

Try it yourself, use EPG to record a Hollywood movie or any program that stretches for 2hours inclusive of ad. The recording will stop once the file hit 4G & into maybe ~40 minutes or 1/3 of the 2hours running time....

4G limit for fat32 can be fixed.

kssk88

Reaction score
You can do a manual scan for those frequencies above 690MHz.
Increment by the arrow on the remote or input directly using numbers, if I remember correctly.

As for reception, I doubt the signals from Sumatra would be strong enough to reach our shores. It's too far away.
The signals we are getting for Indonesian channels are from Batam.
They have DVB-T2 already. Some here were able to receive.

Thanks for the tips, will try tuning again.

Sounds logical for signal from Riau to reach us as Riau DVB was launched together with Java.
But just for curiousity, how does Riau get its broadcast signal from ?
Any idea can the Getmecom FW be upgraded ? eg,it cant play RMVB which I am quite disappointed.

Thanks in advance

chunxi

Reaction score

my china box split the recording into many many parts.
i record 1 hour ch u sd program is split into 4 files, each 512mb.

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, will try tuning again.

Sounds logical for signal from Riau to reach us as Riau DVB was launched together with Java.
But just for curiousity, how does Riau get its broadcast signal from ?
Any idea can the Getmecom FW be upgraded ? eg,it cant play RMVB which I am quite disappointed.

Thanks in advance

Riau gets in broadcast signal from Java thru satellite relay.
Uplink from Java and downlink to a receiving station in Riau.

There is an option somewhere in the USB Menu for upgrade I think.
But don't bet on it. God knows when and where they would release the updated firmware. :s13:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
http://mediacorp.sg/digitaltv/img/rollout_map.jpg

Don't understand why punggol and sengkang roll out date is 2015/2016. This 2 area has more youngster (technological savvy people) living in it and the utilization rate for DVB-T2 will be much higher. Am I missing out something?
Because these people are smarter, they can help themselves to work out something out of nothing.

Haha, not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

tan1688

Reaction score
http://mediacorp.sg/digitaltv/img/rollout_map.jpg

Don't understand why punggol and sengkang roll out date is 2015/2016. This 2 area has more youngster (technological savvy people) living in it and the utilization rate for DVB-T2 will be much higher. Am I missing out something?

in my personal opinion, unless you have 1080p HD TV,
there is no visual difference between current transmission
and HD transmission :s22:

if still using 720p TV don't need waste money for the digital
broadcast it hears looks the same whether use SCV/MATV
/DVBT/T2 etc.

penguinn

Reaction score
I am newbie looking for a DVB T2 setop box. Saw this at DX.com with discount. Must be a China brand but the specs looks good.

Link

Anyone here tried something like that before ? Any comment ?

The Specs as follows:

- Model: DVB T2 8002
- Color: Black
- Quantity: 1
- Material: Iron + stainless steel
- Fully compliant with DVB-T2, DVB T and H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2 Standard
- Tuner input frequency: VHF: 174~230MHz, UHF: 470~862MHz
- IF Bandwidth: 6, 7 or 8MHz
- Video decoder format: MPEG4 AVC/H.264 HP at L4, MPEG2 MP at ML/HL
- Video output format: 576P, 720P, 1080i, 1080p 50Hz
- Output port: HDMI, YPbPr, SCART, CVBS
- Audio decoder format: MPEG-1(LAER1&1&2&3), WMA, AC3
- Audio output: S/PDIF (Coaxial), 2 x RCA (L/R)
- PVR: USB 2.0 Support MP3, WMA, JEPG, BMP, AVI, MKV
- Voltage: 200~240V, 50/60Hz
- Automatic PAL/NTSC conversion
- 2000 channels TV and Radio programmable
- Up to 8 different favorite groups
- Fully support to 7 days Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- OSD Color: 4/8/16-bit OSD with anti-flickering
- Channel search in automatic and manual
- Various channel editing function (favorite, move, lock, skip, delete, rename, find, sort)
- Parental control for channels
- Software upgrades through USB / Card reader
- Support Logic Channel Number (LCN)
- Active Antenna Power supply control
- Support Multi-PLP
- Multi-Language: English, Russia ,Czech, Danish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Interface: USB 2.0, ANT-in, ANT-out, Coaxial S/PDIF, HDMI, YPbPr, CVBS, R/L
- Power supply: EU plug (2.5A / 250V)
- Certification: CE / RoHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.