Microsoft Surface

whiteflag

Reaction score
Anyone looking for the cable to charge your Surface,
Go ebay and search, " power charger cable for surface".

Just bought one. Supposedly able to work with powerbanks that support 12v out.

please review after you receive the power cable is it able to work or not

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking for the cable to charge your Surface,
Go ebay and search, " power charger cable for surface".

Just bought one. Supposedly able to work with powerbanks that support 12v out.

Do you mind providing the link? I google but can't find

derekcai

Reaction score
Is battery life that lousy? :O

yes, very very lousy. My refurbished set (battery wear at 0.5% could be new batt) lasts 3-4 hours on maximum battery saving mode on custom settings. Usually more towards 3 than 4..Depending on your usage this could be a deal breaker. Thankfully for me i am never away from a power plug for longer than that.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about the long battery life they claim? By surfing Internet and email only?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's for Surface Pro 2 I think as it is using the Haswell chipset.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only for playback "Surface 2 weighs less than 1.5 pounds and is just 8.9mm thin, yet offers up to 10 hours5 of video playback (to get you through that transatlantic flight). You’ll notice improved start-up time, faster content downloads and transfers, enhanced graphics performance, and fuller, richer audio."

derekcai

Reaction score
Only for playback "Surface 2 weighs less than 1.5 pounds and is just 8.9mm thin, yet offers up to 10 hours5 of video playback (to get you through that transatlantic flight). You’ll notice improved start-up time, faster content downloads and transfers, enhanced graphics performance, and fuller, richer audio."

Note that we are discussing in this thread 4 different models of surface. Surface 2 and Surface RT which run on the arm processors. Surface pro and surface pro 2 which are using the i5 processors. I was speaking of my experience with the surface pro.

Reaction score
Microsoft verifies your student eligibility by sending an email to your school email and all you have to do is to access your sch email and verify it. The second way to verify is to submit your identification document which will take 3-5 working days.

Thank you!

md iszaki

Reaction score

The deal breaker for me was the battery life before I bought my surface2.I had asked opinions from my friend who owned surface pro 2. His max batt life was 4hrs but he used it for work in NTU lab so he never far away from power socket.

I also asked YouTube member ianlikesathing, he claimed the different between surface pro and surface pro 2 is the slighltly improved battery life and huge $$ difference. Neglible gaming experice despite the improved chipset.

The last iT show, the deal for surface pro was awesome. Too bad I didn managed to catch it. The battery life is not dat great for tablets if you could imagine less than 4hrs off batt life.

For surface2, the battery life could easily last 2 days. Im using it for my weekly lab report presentations. Multi tasked with different reference reports online, blackboard, occasional youtube, word, pdf and heavy usage for excel. On my best day, it lasted 4 days.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The deal breaker for me was the battery life before I bought my surface2.I had asked opinions from my friend who owned surface pro 2. His max batt life was 4hrs but he used it for work in NTU lab so he never far away from power socket.

I also asked YouTube member ianlikesathing, he claimed the different between surface pro and surface pro 2 is the slighltly improved battery life and huge $$ difference. Neglible gaming experice despite the improved chipset.

The last iT show, the deal for surface pro was awesome. Too bad I didn managed to catch it. The battery life is not dat great for tablets if you could imagine less than 4hrs off batt life.

For surface2, the battery life could easily last 2 days. Im using it for my weekly lab report presentations. Multi tasked with different reference reports online, blackboard, occasional youtube, word, pdf and heavy usage for excel. On my best day, it lasted 4 days.
It's great that we can access Blackboard smoothly with this device. It's kinda disruptive in Android, some buttons don't work at all.

Reaction score
sigh, i have a desktop at home already which is mid-tier. when i'm out, i think i wont need the power of an SP2 to do my work... the price diff is pretty great between SP and SP2.

besides the 3rd gen i5 and intel gfx 4000, is there any large amount of difference between the 2 that i should fork out more $$$ for an SP2?

are the pen writing capabilities the same between sp and sp2?

Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went everywhere in sg. I thought surface pro out of stock?

Challenger should have some demo sets. Or if yr game enough, maybe City Sq in Johor may have. I bought my set in KL recently. $700+ after conversion

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Challenger should have some demo sets. Or if yr game enough, maybe City Sq in Johor may have. I bought my set in KL recently. $700+ after conversion

That's including the type or touch cover?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sigh, i have a desktop at home already which is mid-tier. when i'm out, i think i wont need the power of an SP2 to do my work... the price diff is pretty great between SP and SP2.

besides the 3rd gen i5 and intel gfx 4000, is there any large amount of difference between the 2 that i should fork out more $$$ for an SP2?

Pen capability is exactly the same!!

derekcai

Reaction score

I read that the speakers are better. Probably runs a lot cooler too, haswell cpus are not really a bump in processing power, reduced power used is the main upgrade. GPU from HD4000 to HD4400 is about 20-30 pct faster. Considering you will not really be using it to play games...save money better la. Unless you have the need to have everything new:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.