learning japanese

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FREE Prep Class for N2/N3 students

Hi all, went to JCS today and saw a lot of potential N2/N3 students.
With this, i would like to offer FREE prep classes for N2/N3 students. This is part of my effort to give back to the community.

This is the last year where N2/N3 will be this easy. Next year, it will be more difficult... =(

I will not be taking any students from this class to be my future students. So moderators, you can feel safe that this is not a gimmick.

Starting Date: 9 June 2014 - 3 July 2014
Printing Materials: to be divided for those who attend (about $1-$2 per session)
Days: Mon/Thurs
Time: 7.30-10:00pm
Location: Wilkie Edge (nearest MRT: Little India/Dhoby Ghaut)
No. of slots: 8 (fastest finger first)

EDIT: 3 slots taken. 5 slots left.

Things i will go through

1) Speed Reading for passages
2) N2/N3 Grammar points that often appear
3) How to score points for each section
4) Passing Listening

For enquiries and registration, feel free to pm me or email me at learnJapaneseSG@live.com.
===========================
You can read more about my student:

I have been studying Japanese for 5 years and underwent Can’s tutelage for the 2nd half of 2011 for JLPT N1. Can was able to find out my weak areas quickly through an interview and helped to arrest the issue. Using a variety of materials imported from Japan, he went through the grammar points slowly with me and made sure that I understood clearly the subtle meanings and usage of the N1 grammar. With his help, I was able to pull my grammar score from 25 to 39 and scored an A for grammar within half a year.

Can exhibits great passion for teaching Japanese and he sometimes uses innovative methods to help his students learn, such as improving listening via dramas and songs, which makes his lessons very interesting.

I would definitely recommend Can as a Japanese teacher for serious learners of the language.

By: Ken Chen
Private student, Passed JLPT N1 (Jul 2012)

Last edited:

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
FREE Prep Class for N2/N3 students

Hi all, went to JCS today and saw a lot of potential N2/N3 students.
With this, i would like to offer FREE prep classes for N2/N3 students. This is part of my effort to give back to the community.

This is the last year where N2/N3 will be this easy. Next year, it will be more difficult... =(

I will not be taking any students from this class to be my future students. So moderators, you can feel safe that this is not a gimmick.

Starting Date: 9 June 2014 - 3 July 2014
Printing Materials: to be divided for those who attend (about $1-$2 per session)
Days: Mon/Thurs
Time: 7.30-10:00pm
Location: Wilkie Edge (nearest MRT: Little India/Dhoby Ghaut)
No. of slots: 8 (fastest finger first)

EDIT: 3 slots taken. 5 slots left.

Things i will go through

1) Speed Reading for passages
2) N2/N3 Grammar points that often appear
3) How to score points for each section
4) Passing Listening

For enquiries and registration, feel free to pm me or email me at learnJapaneseSG@live.com.
===========================
You can read more about my student:

I have been studying Japanese for 5 years and underwent Can’s tutelage for the 2nd half of 2011 for JLPT N1. Can was able to find out my weak areas quickly through an interview and helped to arrest the issue. Using a variety of materials imported from Japan, he went through the grammar points slowly with me and made sure that I understood clearly the subtle meanings and usage of the N1 grammar. With his help, I was able to pull my grammar score from 25 to 39 and scored an A for grammar within half a year.

Can exhibits great passion for teaching Japanese and he sometimes uses innovative methods to help his students learn, such as improving listening via dramas and songs, which makes his lessons very interesting.

I would definitely recommend Can as a Japanese teacher for serious learners of the language.

By: Ken Chen
Private student, Passed JLPT N1 (Jul 2012)

pm-ed~~~:D

Last edited:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EDIT: 2 slots left. Anymore before it runs out.

Also, anyone interested in free N4/N5 prep class? :)
pm me...

Last edited:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1級を受ける方々に (1級語彙ノート (新完全マスター1級語彙より ))

皆さん、

今年の7月に1級を受ける方々、これをお使いください。

ご成功を祈ります。

MASAYUME Chasing! 超えろもっと 自分史上最高の

Last edited:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2章1課をアップしました。

激励の言葉があれば、ありがたいです。 (^_^)
自分のお昼の30分を使って、家に帰ってから1時間を使って、このリストを作った。

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested with the following job? Think JLPT 2 holders can apply.

Customer Relations Executive
travelmob Pte Ltd - Singapore

Key Responsibilities

Manage interactions between travelers (Guests) and property owners (Hosts) – ensuring both parties have the best experience on our site.
Establish strong relationships with travelmob’s Hosts across the APAC region.
Help educate our users on using travelmob’s product and services.
Manage and resolve customer complaints professionally and escalate issues appropriately.
Assist in mediating situations between users.
Work proactively to meet targets and goals.
Work on multiple task simultaneously.

Desired Skills and Experience

Requirements

2 to 3 years of relevant experience (travel or real estate background is a bonus).
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
Fluent in English and an Asian language (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Bahasa Indonesia/Malay).
Self-starter and a strong team player.
Startup mentality and a strong desire to learn new skills.
Self-motivated with a drive to excel.
Able to work shifts that span weekends and public holidays.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/12831941

barbie274

Reaction score
Is there any place/site where people sell their 2nd hand japanese books? I'm looking for serious sellers. I'm looking for level 2, some books. Please PM me only if you're serious in selling your books. Of course, price I'm looking for lower than kino after 20%.

I find that once you bought the book, it's not easy to give away/sell. Normally, I just throw which is a waste sometimes.

Eddied

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any place/site where people sell their 2nd hand japanese books? I'm looking for serious sellers. I'm looking for level 2, some books. Please PM me only if you're serious in selling your books. Of course, price I'm looking for lower than kino after 20%.

I find that once you bought the book, it's not easy to give away/sell. Normally, I just throw which is a waste sometimes.

try carousell

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have hired one of my students to help fellow students who are studying Japanese and preparing for exam. If you wish to get FREE help on Japanese, you can visit us at Wilkie Edge Hanis Restaurant every Sat between 10-4pm. Just look out for this guy that is studying Japanese by himself near the counter area. We are not going to take any of those coming as students. So moderator, you can be assured.

Service will start from mid-May. =)

If you need more details, feel free to pm me...

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
N1を受ける方々へ

2章2課 と 3章をアップしました。
皆さん、

There is a small mistake in 2章1課 and 2課。Pls note the amended.

2章1課

11: こつ (bone->hang of ~)

66: できぱき (promptly, briskly, quickly)

2章2課

64: きらきら ->きりきり (briskly, round & round)

申し訳ございません。

The notes have been updated. Kindly re-download.

/Can

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1級を受ける方々、

来週から、毎週の火曜日と木曜日に、生徒を合格させるため、1級の準備クラスが行います。
無料ですので、希望がございましたら、お問い合わせください。

場所:Boon Keng周辺

トピック
1. 速読
2. 読解
3. 文字・語彙 (新完全マスター1級語彙を使って)
4. 聴解

しかも、I’ll be starting a free self revision class as my conversation class is ending.

Date: 8th June 2014 (Sun)
Time: 2-3pm
Fees: FREE

What do you do during this class?

Basically this class is available for who wish to get some tips on studying for JLPT/revise your Japanese/need some expert advice. I will be there to answer any questions that you have. Attendance is not compulsory. Just come and go when you feel like it. If you wish to get some free materials from my books (you will pay for the printing), i am happy to loan you the book to go photocopy. We are not going to take any of those coming as students. So moderator, you can be assured.

Just drop me a msg if you are coming. I am going all out to help those who really wanna pass because i have news from fellow teachers that next year onwards, JLPT is going to get more difficult. N1 standard might be N0... =(

Last edited:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is also a free JLPT N4/N5 prep class for every day on the week before JLPT. I will also go through the sure to come out exam questions... <hurries to stock up new JLPT books>

N4 students:
7-8.30pm: Do mock test
8.30-10pm: Lesson

N5 students:
7-8.30pm: Lesson
8.30-10pm: Do mock test

Last edited:

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If I wish to learn conversation japanese, which is the best route to achieve it.

1) Buy video langauge cd/video
2) Buy books
3) enroll in a school
4) engage a private teacher

Any suggestion/opinion are welcome.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you have prior knowledge in Japanese first?
1stly, you need to understand why you need to study Japanese.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.