Wireless IP Camera thread

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think put it this way.. not many people knows how to use this feature I will say. I use this feature to switch on an external IR so that the surrounding will lit up like a daytime. No hidden dark corner. Of course, other useful features can apply also. This require some technical knowledge to do so.. ;) For example siren, fire alarm & etc..

Not until Foscam improves their products. Now it just like other brands and no extra features or functions and yet price is above others. To me, not justify on the $$ I spend.. :s8:

Then what other brand/model is better than FOSCAM and yet cheaper ?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
User109s, agree with U on this one. U r a more advanced user.

Foscam actually is consider cheap. But I just aint happy with the quality that they had when I used my FI8918W. Maybe I m unlucky or maybe marix is unlucky to receive products of inferior quality back then.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score

Vstarcam is now quite popular in SG. A lot of pple r adapting it cos of the ease of setup, usage, support n testing done by a local firm. U can consider tat.

johnboatcat

Reaction score
Vstarcam does have a section on the in-camera software to set up different user types but it doesn't work as G says.

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vstarcam does have a section on the in-camera software to set up different user types but it doesn't work as G says.

G says ???? What is G ?

WE are using Andriod "myLiveCams by Eggman"
Have to check whether they support Vstarcam or not

Btw. which model of Vstarcam is recommended ?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
G says ???? What is G ?

WE are using Andriod "myLiveCams by Eggman"
Have to check whether they support Vstarcam or not

Btw. which model of Vstarcam is recommended ?

I think he means geckoSG, I kinda got lost from his initial posting using Initial of our nicks...

U can consider T7838WIP, quite a good camera. I heard that MARIX have stopped shipping in both T6835WIP & T7837WIP.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score

You mean webUI to setup various user account like admin, ops, guest?
That only work on the webUI. It does not work on the super client

Hope MARIX's new range of IP Cameras will have something to control

johnboatcat

Reaction score
"G says ???? What is G ?"

G is short for the most famous and learned geckoSG.

Vstarcam uses a shorter code than many other cameras and that keeps it from working with most generic apps.

"Btw. which model of Vstarcam is recommended ?"
Depends what you want to do with it. What is the application? Babycam, outside security, recording needs, storage needs, communication requirements?

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think he means geckoSG, I kinda got lost from his initial posting using Initial of our nicks...

U can consider T7838WIP, quite a good camera. I heard that MARIX have stopped shipping in both T6835WIP & T7837WIP.

For VstarCam, my paid apps only support H6837WI ...

marixsales

Reaction score
For VstarCam, my paid apps only support H6837WI ...

Hi,

Unfortunately, the app does not support the T series, our engineer have tested the application and cannot get the image to load.

However, if you are keen on the H6837WI or H6837WIP, do contact us and we have some existing ones to clear at very low price, do call us at 65623390.

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Unfortunately, the app does not support the T series, our engineer have tested the application and cannot get the image to load.

However, if you are keen on the H6837WI or H6837WIP, do contact us and we have some existing ones to clear at very low price, do call us at 65623390.

DOes the H6837WI or H6837WIP have IR Cut lens ?
Any live demo at the moment ?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Jason. Both have. I think all demos were taken down other than T7892WIP... so far all info for H series were taken down

user109s

Reaction score

If you compare to local market, I will say the margin is small. Here local dealers want us to pay huge so that we can burn a big hole in our pocket. Ya, even Foscam itself also the same! The only concern is warranty but I hack care.. :s13:

user109s

Reaction score
User109s, agree with U on this one. U r a more advanced user.

Foscam actually is consider cheap. But I just aint happy with the quality that they had when I used my FI8918W. Maybe I m unlucky or maybe marix is unlucky to receive products of inferior quality back then.

He he he.. not really geckoSG.. "cheap" depends on what model we r talking about. For exmple 9821W, it's $$$ here. I get my set somewhere else.

I guess you r just unlucky, not sure which model you got. I got the 9821W and almost 6 months still ok. Initially the early firmware has problem and causing strange behaviors. I flashed it to (App firmware version)1.1.1.10 and it stable until today.=:p

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
FI8918W back then. Horrible. Motor stuck like no body business. Imaging marix change 3 new units for me. The last one I took down. Something shaking inside. Their tech staff open up. A motor sort of dislodge. Tat was a final straw. No more foscam for me.

Honestly, we cannot complain abt all business charging higher here for everything. Our salary, shipping costs, office rentals, compliance of safety, and especially our ridiculous singaporean way of demanding service from everything. We cannot afford to compete pricing like china or else where.

If I want my company to pay me well, i'll expect to make enuff for the company to pay me well. Else, its all peanut salary. Tats how I look at things

Last edited:

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have one with me MINI319W about 6 months. A simple non-movable, non-IR cut IPcam. I bought this to install near my main gate to monitor incoming visitor. Tenvis has limited choice. :o

Limited function then dont wan already. I need to pan tilt and IR cut lens to monitor my kids n maid

Core2max

Reaction score
Anybody is using router TPLINK WDR4300? Can the ip camera be set to this router and access it via internet? Thank you.

*Dyndns is going to remove the free accounts...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.