Microsoft Surface

Reaction score
etv22e.jpg

This is the chip mark.

i think if it affects your experience and that you're disturbed by that scratch mark, you should def get an exchange!

2 weeks waiting time but after that you wont have that pek chek feeling every time your eyes wander to that corner.

expositox

Reaction score
How do warranties work? I set up a warranty reqiest, they say they were gonna email me the next working day, no email after one week :(

kimurastanley

Reaction score
Have been using SP 2 for 5 days, battery life indeed very good. Last me about 7plus hours with normal usage

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do warranties work? I set up a warranty reqiest, they say they were gonna email me the next working day, no email after one week :(

I might be able to answer your qns since I had a phone call to Microsoft regional customer service center from somewhere in UK. After the service request, someone from the Courier (Might be DHL) will contact you to pick up your surface within 24-72 hours. If nobody contacts you yet, call MS again. Sad that they do not have an actual service center for Sg Surface!!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think if it affects your experience and that you're disturbed by that scratch mark, you should def get an exchange!

2 weeks waiting time but after that you wont have that pek chek feeling every time your eyes wander to that corner.

Nevermind la. I paid for the technology and not for the cheap paint coating. Since Microsoft had scratched for me first, I wouldn't be as guilty as scratching it my own next timw. :p

echoblue

Reaction score

Agree! Might as well have it exchanged. Its door to door service anyways

yoman8

Reaction score
Anyone interest in the surface ed. bluetooth arc mouse? Sealed box, going for $108. Retail at $149. Int pls txt 98-393986:)

lexmarq

Reaction score
Anyone interest in the surface ed. bluetooth arc mouse? Sealed box, going for $108. Retail at $149. Int pls txt 98-393986:)

Are you referring to the surface edition touch arc mouse? I am actually using it. Bought it online from Microsoft store Singapore for 98.

yoman8

Reaction score
Are you referring to the surface edition touch arc mouse? I am actually using it. Bought it online from Microsoft store Singapore for 98.

i selling on behalf of someone, not very sure abt it. should be only one type rite?

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My surface 2 just automatically shut down when it was in sleep mode. I think my bag accidentally pressed the power button or it automatically shut down itself...

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Realized that the touch cover easily get "dog ears" if you get what I mean.
Have to treat with extra care when putting inside the bag. :(

vesfreq

Reaction score
My surface 2 just automatically shut down when it was in sleep mode. I think my bag accidentally pressed the power button or it automatically shut down itself...

I also kena that stupid MS narrator. Press volume up and the narrator comes to life and keeps rattling off whats on the screen. Basically, it hijacked my volume up n down rocker button. Crap..... That was thoroughly painful to disable.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
hehe...my volume button also. lol
but somehow...and i don't know how...it got back to working as normal volume button the 2nd day.

vesfreq

Reaction score
hehe...my volume button also. lol
but somehow...and i don't know how...it got back to working as normal volume button the 2nd day.

That gay sounding voice. lol. "narrator .... online" lol.

From what I read, its due to the windows button on the tablet kena stuck. Thus, when you press vol up and the windows button also kena stuck, it will trigger narrator. :s13: Dunno how true.

vesfreq

Reaction score
indeed..but i nid ms office on the go and a keyboard... what are the i7 ultrabook options?

There are plenty. You can get the Asus Zenbook or one of their i7 series. Or you can try Vivotab Note 8 which is also very portable and is still full windows 8.

Price is one consideration. More important is whether you think the device fits your needs. A friend shot down SP1 for having a heavy weight despite functionality and compared against an apple ipad, which obviously wouldn't have a fully functional MS Office and compatibility with legacy windows 8 applications. It simplifies to what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.