Microsoft Surface

Imperado

Reaction score
if i want a full windows running on core series with detachable keyboard PRO 2 is still my best bet right?

Want to use it for some development and portable.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
dell pro 11 looks good too.
but seriously...development wise...
pro 2 probably not the best solution.
coz personally, I only uses it portably for a short duration. at home, I connect it to my 26" tv. coz you are gonna kill your eyes and won't be able to stand looking at such a small screen when coding lol.

Imperado

Reaction score
ooh cause i already have a desktop at home.. just want to use it when i go for those seminars/course for work purposes haha

hmm in addition, dell is i3 and pro2 is i5?

I believe the price will be around the same.. though nobody knows when pro2 is coming

Last edited:

vesfreq

Reaction score
ooh cause i already have a desktop at home.. just want to use it when i go for those seminars/course for work purposes haha

hmm in addition, dell is i3 and pro2 is i5?

I believe the price will be around the same.. though nobody knows when pro2 is coming

Was at challenger jus now. A customer asked the sales guy whether sp2 coming soon. Same answer given. Thats "coming soon".

Think sp2 will lose a lot of sales before even landing in sg. Lol.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was at challenger jus now. A customer asked the sales guy whether sp2 coming soon. Same answer given. Thats "coming soon".

Think sp2 will lose a lot of sales before even landing in sg. Lol.

This is quite sad, there must be many frustrated buyers already purchased other brand.

Imperado

Reaction score
haha yea.. if they are brands offering I core series with detachable keyboard for <1.5k i will get it rather then wait for SP2.

Shouldnt had hesitated during SP1 final promos man lol

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
I was at Funan Challenger, quite a number of customers asking when will the sp2 be arriving. I couldn't wait this bought the surface 2.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was at Funan Challenger, quite a number of customers asking when will the sp2 be arriving. I couldn't wait this bought the surface 2.

You will be sian-ed when you realised you can't access certain website encoded with Javascript. But I was assured by Surface Team in Microsoft that their team is working hard to get Javascript working just like our phone's Java applet. But then again, he said it still depends how fast Oracle revert back to them with the coding to Microsoft team.

vesfreq

Reaction score

May be its Microsoft's plans to get rid of their older S2 stocks, before sp2 comes in. Then, those with s2 will be compelled to upgrade to sp2. :s8:

kentgh

Reaction score
May be its Microsoft's plans to get rid of their older S2 stocks, before sp2 comes in. Then, those with s2 will be compelled to upgrade to sp2. :s8:

You do know that S2 & SP2 launched at the same time back in States. Both are second gen Surface tablet. There's no reason for Microsoft to clear S2 stocks as S2 is also still selling in the States.

Not like when Microsoft US already officially stop selling SP1 whereas Microsoft SG is lelong-ing SP1 to us. :(

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
You do know that S2 & SP2 launched at the same time back in States. Both are second gen Surface tablet. There's no reason for Microsoft to clear S2 stocks as S2 is also still selling in the States.

Not like when Microsoft US already officially stop selling SP1 whereas Microsoft SG is lelong-ing SP1 to us. :(

i think surface mini launch in US then maybe we can have a glimpse of sp2 in sg. lol

vesfreq

Reaction score

That's the incredible thing. S2 and SP2 out in US at the same time. Singapore gets the S2, but not the SP2. :|

You are damn right. The lelong sp1..... I will not buy their stock for sure. Apple still more efficient than MS, though ipad still no USB and SD card slot (correct me if I'm wrong).

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
You will be sian-ed when you realised you can't access certain website encoded with Javascript. But I was assured by Surface Team in Microsoft that their team is working hard to get Javascript working just like our phone's Java applet. But then again, he said it still depends how fast Oracle revert back to them with the coding to Microsoft team.

eh Javascript != Java

if possible try to avoid Java sites. Huge potential security hole.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
For those on Surface RT/2, if there's certain websites that dun seem to work, try running the same site your desktop's IE instead. Toggle the compatibility settings if needed.

I know it worked for me on some sites.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those on Surface RT/2, if there's certain websites that dun seem to work, try running the same site your desktop's IE instead. Toggle the compatibility settings if needed.

I know it worked for me on some sites.

Some buttons are still not working in Surface 2 desktop IE. Especially website that runs complicated javascript with intranet. (i.e school web-portal)

neumannn

Reaction score
If I get a friend to buy SP2 from the states or HK back to sg for me, will there be any usability/compatibility issues? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.