[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many eggs you guys take per day? Is 3-4 too much?

Had 2 for bfast. Tonite maybe cooking a mini steamboat with shabu pork belly and eggs, and mushrooms.
So wondering if 4 eggs per day is ok?

Again, please read the resources on the first page :s8:

Somatic3

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many eggs you guys take per day? Is 3-4 too much?

Had 2 for bfast. Tonite maybe cooking a mini steamboat with shabu pork belly and eggs, and mushrooms.
So wondering if 4 eggs per day is ok?

I eat 4 after workout....

and another 2 - 4 depends on what I eat for lunch and dinner.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya is ok.... just eat as u wish. yolk if dont want pls give me.

I eat 4 after workout....

and another 2 - 4 depends on what I eat for lunch and dinner.

On a good day i consume 8

Thanks for the info. One less thing to worry about. :s12:

Again, please read the resources on the first page :s8:

Apologies. Still learning the way to LCHF. Pardon me if I'm asking whats stated on the first page. I did read through them, but rather selectively. So I may had missed out on some info that I need to know in time to come. Thank you for being patient. :)

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
we all learn from carey one... he's like the walking LCHF bible.

if every page of info is a piece of muscle tissue.... he sounds just about the right build

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Any suggestion on how to up daily oil/butter intake?

On a daily basis I drink 1 cup of coffee + butter(~40g) or VCO(2tbs) and pop a fish oil capsule(~1000mg)

The rest comes from food.

I weigh 120kg, 1.84m and I do P90X3(~30mins HIIT) 6 times a week. My weight loss is pretty slow and fluctuates despite eating on avg <2000kcal daily when my calculated daily intake should be around 3000kcal; I am in a 1000kcal deficit daily but weight loss is slow so I guess the lack of fats is the main culprit?

For example, my meals for today is

Cup of coffee + butter = ~290kcal
200g ribeye = ~600kcal
50g raspberries(1/4 of the NTUC packaging) = ~30kcal
Fish Oil capsule = ~10kcal?
Misc supplements like ACV caps, BCAA(~2g during P90X3)

Total for now = ~930kcal and most of the values are rounded up.

If I were to include dinner and to keep my daily calorie at around 2000kcal-2500kcal, I would need to take in an additional 1070kcal-1570kcal. Any idea or suggestions on what I can and should eat for tonight that has lots of fats in it? Given a choice, I would choose to enjoy my food rather than e.g. to drink VCO on its own. Makes me gag on some occasions.

Thanks in advance :)

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
Any suggestion on how to up daily oil/butter intake?

On a daily basis I drink 1 cup of coffee + butter(~40g) or VCO(2tbs) and pop a fish oil capsule(~1000mg)

The rest comes from food.

I weigh 120kg, 1.84m and I do P90X3(~30mins HIIT) 6 times a week. My weight loss is pretty slow and fluctuates despite eating on avg <2000kcal daily when my calculated daily intake should be around 3000kcal; I am in a 1000kcal deficit daily but weight loss is slow so I guess the lack of fats is the main culprit?

For example, my meals for today is

Cup of coffee + butter = ~290kcal
200g ribeye = ~600kcal
50g raspberries(1/4 of the NTUC packaging) = ~30kcal
Fish Oil capsule = ~10kcal?
Misc supplements like ACV caps, BCAA(~2g during P90X3)

Total for now = ~930kcal and most of the values are rounded up.

If I were to include dinner and to keep my daily calorie at around 2000kcal-2500kcal, I would need to take in an additional 1070kcal-1570kcal. Any idea or suggestions on what I can and should eat for tonight that has lots of fats in it? Given a choice, I would choose to enjoy my food rather than e.g. to drink VCO on its own. Makes me gag on some occasions.

Thanks in advance :)

if i were u i wouldnt count calories yet.

and where's ur veggie? u need ur micronutrients too.

dark leafy greens, broccolli, mushrooms etc.

eat till ur full.

u might wana mix ur berries in greek yogurt (full fat).

ur butter should preferably be grass-fed butter (Anchor/President).

also, u are taking BCAA, and doing P90X with a heavy body load. it is entirely possible that u are building lean mass. so instead of merely measuring weight loss, u might wanna look at ur waist measurements or simply look in the mirror.

u are expending quite abit of calories. i am not sure if sub 1000 is healthy for someone ur height/weight and activity level.

lastly, are u already in ketosis state?

Last edited:

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
the devondale one? i googled and they mentioned their cows are grass fed.
https://www.facebook.com/Devondale/posts/467787669951928

no harm trying so i got both anchor and devondale.

anyway thanks for sic, man.

We try to only eat fully grass fed butter.

the Devondale supplier simple said "As a devondale supplier I can tell you that we feed our cows as much grass as we can, as it is our cheapest feed to buy, but at different times of the year we can't grow enough grass to fully feed our cows so we use supplements mainly grain, silage and hay!"

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
if i were u i wouldnt count calories yet.

and where's ur veggie? u need ur micronutrients too.

dark leafy greens, broccolli, mushrooms etc.

eat till ur full.

u might wana mix ur berries in greek yogurt (full fat).

ur butter should preferably be grass-fed butter (Anchor/President).

also, u are taking BCAA, and doing P90X with a heavy body load. it is entirely possible that u are building lean mass. so instead of merely measuring weight loss, u might wanna look at ur waist measurements or simply look in the mirror.

u are expending quite abit of calories. i am not sure if sub 1000 is healthy for someone ur height/weight and activity level.

It is a coincidence that I am lacking in my greens today:s13: Forgot to stock up. Usually I will have 1 whole medium broccoli, steamed. Other veg includes kale, cauliflowers, spinach etc.

I also just finished my greek yogurt like yesterday too. I usually finish the 200g fage greek yogurt in 3 sittings overs a span of max 5 days upon opening.

But that still puts me at less than 1200kcal including a whole broccoli and yogurt.

I don't think I have ever eaten sub 1000kcal. I would have strong cravings to eat. Just wondering what kind of oily meal suggestions the LCHF community here have to offer / suggest.

Yeah my waist definitely slimmed down. My BCAA intake is actually very low(~2g). It serves more of the purpose of lessening the sores the next day than to gain lean mass.

I guess I am in ketosis already? I have been in this diet for around a month. Lost around 10kg from 130kg. Just that I noticed while monitoring my weight for the past 1week, there were much more fluctuations compared to the first 3 weeks. No harm asking for an alternative means of upping my oil/fats intake :D

Last edited:

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
It is a coincidence that I am lacking in my greens today:s13: Forgot to stock up. Usually I will have 1 whole medium broccoli, steamed. Other veg includes kale, cauliflowers, spinach etc.

I also just finished my greek yogurt like yesterday too. I usually finish the 200g fage greek yogurt in 3 sittings overs a span of max 5 days upon opening.

But that still puts me at less than 1200kcal including a whole broccoli and yogurt.

I don't think I have ever eaten sub 1000kcal. I would have strong cravings to eat. Just wondering what kind of oily meal suggestions the LCHF community here have to offer / suggest.

Yeah my waist definitely slimmed down. My BCAA intake is actually very low(~2g). It serves more of the purpose of lessening the sores the next day than to gain lean mass.

where do u get ur Fage? is it full fat? quite hard to find...

oh ya 200g v small tub too.

anyway on a random basis can eat more:
eggs
cheese
fried pork fats (bits)
mackerel, salmon, codfish
duck
cold storage pork ribs/duck breast/chix

tonight gonna eat 300g of steak after gym.... roar

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
where do u get ur Fage? is it full fat? quite hard to find...

oh ya 200g v small tub too.

anyway on a random basis can eat more:
eggs
cheese
fried pork fats (bits)
mackerel, salmon, codfish
duck
cold storage pork ribs/duck breast/chix

tonight gonna eat 300g of steak after gym.... roar

Yup seems like cold storage only carries 200g packaging of full fat Fage Greek strained yogurt. Unlike Farmer Union which has 1kg packages but is greek styled.

I suppose lard and eggs are the answers to my queries(economically). But lard requires much more time to render, not to mention the kitchen will be smelly and oily(complains from my family members :( )

Have fun with your gym and enjoy your steak :o

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I guess I am in ketosis already? I have been in this diet for around a month. Lost around 10kg from 130kg. Just that I noticed while monitoring my weight for the past 1week, there were much more fluctuations compared to the first 3 weeks. No harm asking for an alternative means of upping my oil/fats intake :D

200g of Fage in 3 sittings??? Gosh, how did you do that? it would be gone for me in one sitting. then again, bui bui satu here. =:p

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its tiring to plan the food in advance. With the hawker centres so conveniently located and reasonably priced, its very tempting to just buy a bowl of bak chor mee or chap chye png and dig in. Not because they are tasty, but its so much cheaper and faster.

Now have to prepare own breakfast with lots of eggs and bacon.

Dinner have to go hunt for food with lots of meat and almost 0 carbs, this usually costs few times over a plate of rice with varieties of meat.

Or am I looking at the wrong place.

Like i said, gonna do some shabu shabu tonight. 2 packets of pork belly and beef already $20. zzz.

How do you guys prepare your meals or eat out without cracking your head (and wallet)?

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup seems like cold storage only carries 200g packaging of full fat Fage Greek strained yogurt. Unlike Farmer Union which has 1kg packages but is greek styled.

I suppose lard and eggs are the answers to my queries(economically). But lard requires much more time to render, not to mention the kitchen will be smelly and oily(complains from my family members :( )

Have fun with your gym and enjoy your steak :o

Fage is expensive. :(

Did you compare the fats contents? IIRC, the fats content seems to be higher in Farmer Union than Fage.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score

i have the same problem, some times i can't eat enough.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.