Wireless IP Camera thread

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Got my hands on IPS_Eye01, 2Mpixel camera with onvif support. Camera uses the P2PCam264 n works wif Vstarcam H app except for some inverted commands.

Setup: Not plug n play. The camera requires you to setup using their finder tool with static ip. Wifi setup is also a hassle. All must be done using webUI.

Sharpness of camera is good. Have 2 dif streaming, but mobile app loses in functionality over Vscam App which is propietary. I also noticed some lost in connectivity with the camera once a while which I can connect over lan but not over 3G.

No audio recording as well. Doesn't record to network path. Cam is heavy in weight compared to T7838WIP. PAN/TILT angle loses out to Vstarcam.

Conclusion:

Good high resolution
Poor PnP concept
Slow & limited pan/tilt function
WebUI could b better
Mobile App lacks functionality
Very soft audio

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
IPS-Eye02 is a 1megapixel camera. Uses P2PCam264.
Uses similar shell as foscam FI8910W. Same as IPS-Eye01, not PnP friendly.

But, it supports network path saving. Tats the plus point for this camera.

Other features is similar to Eye02 less the diff in resolution.

Core2max

Reaction score
As long as port forwarding in router is done up. Why not? I've done similar usin asus' ddns which is free. Portward to my other devices.

I am not sure how to do it...:D

Anyway, now using no-ip which is free also... Thanks!

Linus

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am thinking of getting three wireless ip cameras, 1 for the living room and 2 for the rooms. The main purpose is to monitor the maid and the babies. Probably going to hook up to the NAS in the house for recording. Is there any recommendations? Seems like there are some "hardcore supporters" of EasyN and I see vstarcam being mentioned a fair bit. Unfortunately, these are not supported by the Synology NAS. I will most likely go with Dlink. Is there any installation service provider? My concern is the power cord and thinking how these cameras will tap on the power supply.

medscy

Reaction score
@Linus, i've the same requirements as u... :). I was looking at vstarcam earlier on... but I gave up and bought an Easyn eventually due to lack of info... Anyway, my view is that if u r getting a mjpeg cam.. It's no diff so long as they support the generic cgi path, u can use NAS to record... I'm using Synology too... but the only downside is you are getting VGA video instead of HD video.... but to me not really a concern so long as I can see my maid and baby reasonably clear... btw, I have 3 foscam and 1 easyn now... All can be recorded and view using a common app on my phone... I simply hate those proprietary app

Linus

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. How did u install the camera? I was thinking abt ceiling mount and couldn't quite get around the power supply issue.

@Linus, i've the same requirements as u... :). I was looking at vstarcam earlier on... but I gave up and bought an Easyn eventually due to lack of info... Anyway, my view is that if u r getting a mjpeg cam.. It's no diff so long as they support the generic cgi path, u can use NAS to record... I'm using Synology too... but the only downside is you are getting VGA video instead of HD video.... but to me not really a concern so long as I can see my maid and baby reasonably clear... btw, I have 3 foscam and 1 easyn now... All can be recorded and view using a common app on my phone... I simply hate those proprietary app

medscy

Reaction score
Well, I picked the best spots that are near to a power source.... and I extend 2 of the cam power cord by myself... alternatively, u can order a longer power cord from the sellers below 10 dollars per pc.

For mounting... I only mount the cam onto the mounting kit but i did not screw the kit onto the wall... I merely hook up the kit onto my windows grille where there is a gap... good enough to hold the cam... (my cam has been online for 2.5 yrs) :)... to be kiasi, I tied a black thread between my grille and cam to act as a safety harness in the event the camera gets dislodged and it will not fall from height

teinsports

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on how to configure direct recording to my NAS. I currently have 4 x foscam 9821 ip cam and a asustor nas. The NAS actually comes with a surveillance software but I found it to be unstable.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
actually, marix didn't publish the details for the synology nas setting for extracting the mjpeg. I can understand where they are coming from to prevent people from earning from their hardwork of testing.

Anyway, that's not my issue. :s13:

I'm having an MO again for another really small project. So, who wanna tagged along, same thing, just PM me your mobile and number of units, I will forward them to the rite people to arrange with you.

Pricing as follows under my MO (HWZ:geckoSG)

VStarcam T7838WIP - $149 each. Usual $199
Add $40 for 1 x 32GB MicroSD Card (Class 10) & 3Metre Cable Bundle.
Or Add $32 for 1 x 32GB MicroSD Card (Class 10) Or Add $12 for 1 x 3Metre Power Extension Cable

VStarcam T7837WIP-AR* (Chinese Voice Language for arming/disarming) - $179 each. Usual $229. Add $10 for hardware key arm/disarm.

* Once English version is ready, they will notify you to update.

Stocks arriving this week. Self collection only at their office.

PS, pricing based on my small quantity, better if more MO orders added.

danlim

Reaction score
i found my old ptz ip cam
smc model SMCWIPCAM-PZ

I used to connect to wired broadband, then view from iphone
but i stopped using because i couldnt get it working
used to have ddns acct etccc, but now I lost touch

can someone teach me how to setup again?

is there a IP cam that is plug and play w/o having to register for ddns, port forwarding etccc? I am lost n this. I got someone to setup fpr me last time

razivsharma

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone uses Wanscam or NEO coolcam lately? Both of their price are cheaper now. Just want to find out what are the difference. I believe both are using "cloud" technology. It's different from the normal ip setup. They have their own proprietary software and may not be access by 3rd party apps like "IPcam Viewer".

Actually, I more interested in their alarm I/O output. Less few brands have this feature. Foscam is one of them does not have the I/O feature, strange though..

I am using 4 units of Wanscam HW0021 for past 6 months in my house. All are working well. Cam has HD resolution with IR-cut and IR-LEDs together with Pan and Tilt. I bought it from China Online Merchant below S$95

I got excellent support from Wanscam during initial period and pointed out few drawbacks in their camera software, which are already improved. They have a good Andriod app, which I am using, it allows you to see all 4 cameras on one screen. A good layout of cam controls in the app. They also have in-built DDNS.

They also have nice Super Client wihch allow upto 36 camera and WebUI which allow upto 9 camera in one screen. :D

So far so good. :D

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun need to buy sineoji liao... :p any other features which is unique from other manufacturer?

firebrand83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, my aztech wipc408hd has no video but is connected with sound, wtf man, any ideas? i already put in a working (tested) SD card before turn on....:(

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Well, I picked the best spots that are near to a power source.... and I extend 2 of the cam power cord by myself... alternatively, u can order a longer power cord from the sellers below 10 dollars per pc.

For mounting... I only mount the cam onto the mounting kit but i did not screw the kit onto the wall... I merely hook up the kit onto my windows grille where there is a gap... good enough to hold the cam... (my cam has been online for 2.5 yrs) :)... to be kiasi, I tied a black thread between my grille and cam to act as a safety harness in the event the camera gets dislodged and it will not fall from height

Either you extend the 240V AC to have additional socket near your camera or you extend the DC cable from the adapter to your camera. DC cable maximum length is limited by the voltage drop. Also the adapter at lower level can be easily switched off. To put 240V AC socket up near the ceiling is better but more work. I think the EE contracter charges minimum $80 for a single point so it's better to get this done when you are renovating. Otherwise it's going to cost more.

jornado

Reaction score
actually, marix didn't publish the details for the synology nas setting for extracting the mjpeg. I can understand where they are coming from to prevent people from earning from their hardwork of testing.

Anyway, that's not my issue. :s13:

I'm having an MO again for another really small project. So, who wanna tagged along, same thing, just PM me your mobile and number of units, I will forward them to the rite people to arrange with you.

Pricing as follows under my MO (HWZ:geckoSG)

VStarcam T7838WIP - $149 each. Usual $199
Add $40 for 1 x 32GB MicroSD Card (Class 10) & 3Metre Cable Bundle.
Or Add $32 for 1 x 32GB MicroSD Card (Class 10) Or Add $12 for 1 x 3Metre Power Extension Cable

VStarcam T7837WIP-AR* (Chinese Voice Language for arming/disarming) - $179 each. Usual $229. Add $10 for hardware key arm/disarm.

* Once English version is ready, they will notify you to update.

Stocks arriving this week. Self collection only at their office.

PS, pricing based on my small quantity, better if more MO orders added.
Sent a PM on Friday. Was I too late? :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.