NUS ppl lip lai - Part 6

taeyeon91

Reaction score
Nope. I think it's very useful, and not only for people interested in going into academia.

1. It's a solo project. No fked up teammates; you're on your own.
  2. You get to work with profs. If you need any help after your urop, can just email them. (Can see it as networking ba)
  3. You read lots of paper, learning what's fked up and what's not. In the process, you learn not to write like the fked up ones, and learn what goes into a paper (or a report).
  4. You get to do a presentation. How often do we get a chance to give one.
  5. You learn lots of stuff, although my friend disagree with me on this one. His point is you can take 2x mods to replace urop which you can learn as much, if not more. My point is you learn whatever it takes to do your urop, and you have your profs to guide you.

I think the 2 most impt thing that I learn from doing urop, is that writing well is important. Although I don't really don't feel like giving a presentation, it is one of the feel times u can practise, screw up, and learn.

Screwing up in Uni is always less painful than screwing outside in the working world.

i didn't know must read papers after papers. i see my friend only dedicate X number of hours a week after school to go do experiment on his topic. then after experiment he will find the professor to sign the log sheet or something. but i guess the learning value is there...

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa today saw many sp xmm asking for donation ... knn initially wanted to write one csb out then halfway typing this post then one xmm ask moi donate sia :s34: now my wallet fweel so thin ... no mood write story out :(

Update: knn sit at bus stp waitimg for bus already gt 3 xmm ask moi for donation !! Knn I look like those who will donate $$ meh ?

Last edited:

SoriyaGTR34

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa today saw many sp xmm asking for donation ... knn initially wanted to write one csb out then halfway typing this post then one xmm ask moi donate sia :s34: now my wallet fweel so thin ... no mood write story out :(

Update: knn sit at bus stp waitimg for bus already gt 3 xmm ask moi for donation !! Knn I look like those who will donate $$ meh ?

ALL HAIL SHEEP THE SHIFU!

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
** my sound card giving me problem.... why all the sound card all pci-e one knn

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a faulty sound card can be replaced

a broken heart can nv be fixed if one is beh kan :sad:

iamverybuaysong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask a qn, who done the great eastern internship b4?
tia gong they sponsor u to take the insurance papers?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.