Goodness.

Gonna try it man!

WOT alert :s13:

Glycemic Index of coconut sugar = ~35
Glycemic Index of table sugar(sucrose) = ~68
Glycemic Index of hazelnut = 10
Glycemic Index of coconut milk = 41
Glycemic load = Total Carbs * Glycemic Index ÷ 100

I've used Total Carbs instead of Net Carbs in my calculation.

The glycemic load for the coconut sugar(1/2 cup = 125g) is 43.75.

The glycemic load for the sugar in the 3 bars of dark chocolate(assuming sucrose @126g) is 85.68

The glycemic load for the hazelnut(carbs in 1 1/2 cup = 34.5g) is 3.45

The glycemic load for the coconut milk(carbs in 1 1/2 cup = 9g) is 3.69

Total carbs = 294.5g

Carbs % breakdown: Coconut Sugar = 42.5%, Sucrose = 43%, Hazelnut = 7%, coconut milk = 7.5%

Total Glycemic load for the entire recipe = ~56 Yields around 666g(added ingredient weight)

Total Glycemic load for a jar of nutella(666g) = 378g(total carbs) * Glycemic Index(33) ÷ 100 = 124.74

Low Glycemic Load =< 10
Medium Glycemic Load >10 to <20
High Glycemic Load =>20

Seems like a good recipe. But as with spreads, people do tend to consume beyond the necessary amount.:o

PS: I hope my formula and calculation bo sa lah :s13:

Last edited:

Eien_kisu

Reaction score

K-Bird, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, 6 minutes ago
"That woman doing the Paleo Diet was doing it wrong. I've been doing it for 4 months. You don't cut out carbs, I regularly eat low GI carbs such as parsnips and sweet potatoes... She probably also starved herself. Paleo isn't counting calories, cutting the fat off your meat etc... There's one basic rule to follow 1/3 protein to 2/3 greens... And there is a saying "100% Paleo 80% of the time" and this is because it is unrealistic to stick to such a diet in this day and age. Sticking to Paleo rules 80% of the time will still show health results. It is also nothing lime Atkins -_-
"

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
K-Bird, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, 6 minutes ago
"That woman doing the Paleo Diet was doing it wrong. I've been doing it for 4 months. You don't cut out carbs, I regularly eat low GI carbs such as parsnips and sweet potatoes... She probably also starved herself. Paleo isn't counting calories, cutting the fat off your meat etc... There's one basic rule to follow 1/3 protein to 2/3 greens... And there is a saying "100% Paleo 80% of the time" and this is because it is unrealistic to stick to such a diet in this day and age. Sticking to Paleo rules 80% of the time will still show health results. It is also nothing lime Atkins -_-
"

Yup, the comments are damn entertaining...hahah

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
Im gonna quit internet.

Every now and then got conflicting research studies and articles. Breathe air will die. Dont breathe air also will die.

you realise they're all women? Women different.. I think they cannot go on calorie deficit cos their brain always preparing for pregnancy etc.. if they go low on calories will affect their hormones. Their mensus can stop totally - thus some female atheletes go on ketogenic diet so they can make sure they don't have mensus during the competition.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quite perplexed by this reh.

Science is never stagnant...hahah

There's always a better mouse trap out there

What the author is saying is that some of the "bad" stuff can still be good if prepared correctly...

But the caveat here is "prepared correctly", which unfortunately a lot of people don't know how...hahah

Simplest solution - avoid :s13:

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Science is never stagnant...hahah

There's always a better mouse trap out there

What the author is saying is that some of the "bad" stuff can still be good if prepared correctly...

But the caveat here is "prepared correctly", which unfortunately a lot of people don't know how...hahah

Simplest solution - avoid :s13:

Other than sprinkling herbs.....I don't ALWAYS have green leafy vegetables leh....is that very bad for health? :(

When I have veges though I have garlic and onions added in to it and stir fry together in butter

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.