Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure whether you have mixed up the SD channels' signal strength with the perceived poor quality because they are SD instead of HD.

Please do a manual scan for the following channels and record the Signal Strength/Picture Quality using matv:

Chan 27
Chan 29
Chan 31
Chan 33

This will enable us to see if there is anything wrong with the matv.

Chan 27 issues de....poor signal strength/pic quality....the rest all ok with the MATV...avg around 65-70% strength and 50-60% quality :)

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Chan 27 issues de....poor signal strength/pic quality....the rest all ok with the MATV...avg around 65-70% strength and 50-60% quality :)
Thanks for taking the time to do the manual scan. Chan 27 is used for the SD CNA, U and Octo. Happy to note that your external antenna worked for you including Chan 27, plus foreign station T2 broadcasts which I remembered you mentioned in this thread some time back.

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to do the manual scan. Chan 27 is used for the SD CNA, U and Octo. Happy to note that your external antenna worked for you including Chan 27, plus foreign station T2 broadcasts which I remembered you mentioned in this thread some time back.

hehe super heng can receive the Indonesia ones...now got hope during June le....

didymus

Reaction score
hi,

my tv is samsung full HD 32". i am using an indoor intenna in m8y bedroom, able to receive HD5 (stereo), SD8/CNA/SD5 (mono) - not HD tho -- ALL on Channel 38 100% signal .

Qns is.. my TV is DVB-T2 Stereo supported? Am I able to receive HD8? As i scanned channel 27/29/31 no signal. Do i need to buy a draco receiver? How do I receive HD8?

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,how do you all see the signal strength in % at your tv? i'm using indoor antenna with build in dvb t2 tuner tv but cannot figure out how to check.

also,can someone confirm this. i bought a usb hdd to record digital broadcast but it cannot record one channel while i view another channel or doing other stuffs at other source? the recording can only be recording what my screen is showing? if yes,that really sucks :(

edit: ok,can do other stuffs as long as not under the source of tv (i.e digital broadcast),can play ps3 or go to smart hub etc. but cannot record ch hd 5 while watching ch hd 8...argh...samsung limitations huh. PIP also same...cannot be same source zzz...

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
hi,

my tv is samsung full HD 32". i am using an indoor intenna in m8y bedroom, able to receive HD5 (stereo), SD8/CNA/SD5 (mono) - not HD tho -- ALL on Channel 38 100% signal .

Qns is.. my TV is DVB-T2 Stereo supported? Am I able to receive HD8? As i scanned channel 27/29/31 no signal. Do i need to buy a draco receiver? How do I receive HD8?
Your tv most likely doesn't support dvb-t2, check your model against this list:

http://www.mda.gov.sg/PublicEducation/DigitalTvConsumers/Pages/LabellingScheme.aspx

You need set top box such as Draco to receive the channels transmitted in dvb-t2 format, including HD(8).

Since your indoor antenna can receive chan 38 (dvb-t), it is most likely to be able to receive dvb-t2 transmitted through chans 27, 29, 31 and 33.

didymus

Reaction score
Your tv most likely doesn't support dvb-t2, check your model against this list:

http://www.mda.gov.sg/PublicEducation/DigitalTvConsumers/Pages/LabellingScheme.aspx

You need set top box such as Draco to receive the channels transmitted in dvb-t2 format, including HD(8).

Since your indoor antenna can receive chan 38 (dvb-t), it is most likely to be able to receive dvb-t2 transmitted through chans 27, 29, 31 and 33.

hmm? but i am able to receive HD5, is that dvb-t or dvb-t2?

so im buying a draco setup box.. any other good brand to get? :D

i just check on channel 8 wikipedia.. channel8 has dvb-tv HD channel too...

MediaCorp - Digital (DVB-T) Channel 29 UHF (599.250 MHz) Multiplex carrying MediaCorp channels digitally.
MediaCorp - Digital (DVB-T2) Channel 31 UHF (554 MHz) (LCN 03) (HD)

but i am not getting signal on channel 29?

Last edited:

tan1688

Reaction score
hmm? but i am able to receive HD5, is that dvb-t or dvb-t2?so im buying a draco setup box.. any other good brand to get? :D

mrsun is correct, your tv supports dvbt and does not support dvbt2.

This explain why you did not receive vasantham(HD), Suria(HD) as well.

HD5 is broadcast in dvbt and dvbt2 currently, thus you could receive HD5. dvbt transmission would be switched off soon.

HD8 was available in dvbt in the past, it has been switched off.

You can consider get the china generic dvbt2 box from me:s12:in my thread here msg me if interested

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
hi,how do you all see the signal strength in % at your tv? i'm using indoor antenna with build in dvb t2 tuner tv but cannot figure out how to check.
Do you have a manual, or check for one online? I have a feeling that some tv sets may not have such a feature.

also,can someone confirm this. i bought a usb hdd to record digital broadcast but it cannot record one channel while i view another channel or doing other stuffs at other source? the recording can only be recording what my screen is showing? if yes,that really sucks :(

edit: ok,can do other stuffs as long as not under the source of tv (i.e digital broadcast),can play ps3 or go to smart hub etc. but cannot record ch hd 5 while watching ch hd 8...argh...samsung limitations huh. PIP also same...cannot be same source zzz...
Yes, to be able to watch one channel while recording another channel, you need 2 built-in tuners.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score

If your TV is a DVB-T2 LG TV, maybe you could try pressing the 'INFO' button on your TV remote.

:)

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone stay Boon Lay can received Malaysia digital channels?
Quote:

"The first roll-out of DTTB services is expected by the third quarter of this year in a few test areas, and full nationwide coverage to an estimated 98% populated areas is expected by the end of the analogue-digital simulcast period..."

For full text, read this.

camotorpedo

Reaction score
Hi folks.. can anyone advise where can i buy the cheapest tvb-t2 32" tv? Still deciding whether to get a future proof tv or just get a tvb-t2 receiver when the time comes. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.