Airline Promo

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If sq-scoot =+$230
Which one to take?

Depends on what you prefer really. All a matter of preference. I've taken both scoot and SQ and I prefer paying a bit extra for the comfort, food and service provided on SQ.

Scoot's not bad though I took them when they first launched. Don't know how it is now.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you prefer really. All a matter of preference. I've taken both scoot and SQ and I prefer paying a bit extra for the comfort, food and service provided on SQ.

Scoot's not bad though I took them when they first launched. Don't know how it is now.

Me peasant.. no take sq before.
My friends taking sq but fly different day. We meeting there. I took Scoot to tw only. Going to get air tickets in a while..

Any more advices?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If sq-scoot =+$230
Which one to take?

Flew SQ to Bangkok many times, flew scoot so very often, the last one was at bangkok mar end. Flew biz class scoot to sydney not bad, seats very wide.

I would pay to take scoot and ask for yellow premium or stretch seats .
Because think Scoot premium seats and stretch seat leg space is more than SQ economy seats. Plus scoot aircraft is beoing 777-200, is big aircraft. Meals on board is 12 per rice set or 8 per sandwich.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think SQ and MH always have promo to australia around 600+,
Scoot also have morning promo around 48 perth one way or sydney gc 98 one way.

So perth two way net is around 48+48+210 exclude cc fees.
Sydney two way is maybe around 98+98+250 exclude cc fees

But last year flew scoot cheaper, because they this year added the fuel surcharges component lol ... So last year my scoot flight SIN to Sydney Business Class only pay taxes 162, now taxes more expensive.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Flew SQ to Bangkok many times, flew scoot so very often, the last one was at bangkok mar end. Flew biz class scoot to sydney not bad, seats very wide.

I would pay to take scoot and ask for yellow premium or stretch seats .
Because think Scoot premium seats and stretch seat leg space is more than SQ economy seats. Plus scoot aircraft is beoing 777-200, is big aircraft. Meals on board is 12 per rice set or 8 per sandwich.

i bought the ticket before your reply le. going to travel back with my friends.

scoot 500+. sq 700+.
scoot timing and some days no have flights.

also want to know so can take into consideration next time. your idea seems good. next time try.

thanks!

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me peasant.. no take sq before.
My friends taking sq but fly different day. We meeting there. I took Scoot to tw only. Going to get air tickets in a while..

Any more advices?

Haha, it's all about taking the promo pricing bro, not being a peasant :s13: Can get as cheap as 600-700 if you quickly buy during promo fares because people will be eyeing the promo fares too.

I think with scoot's new fuel surcharges, their flight to sydney on the same dates as my flights with SQ was pretty similar that I just decided to take SQ.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, it's all about taking the promo pricing bro, not being a peasant :s13: Can get as cheap as 600-700 if you quickly buy during promo fares because people will be eyeing the promo fares too.

I think with scoot's new fuel surcharges, their flight to sydney on the same dates as my flights with SQ was pretty similar that I just decided to take SQ.

Think MH sometimes have promo 600+, SQ maybe 700+ ....
Scoot last year taxes was 162, so flew there with free fares, just paid the taxes. Now they increased their taxes and fuel surcharges to 250 + maybe ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought the ticket before your reply le. going to travel back with my friends.

scoot 500+. sq 700+.
scoot timing and some days no have flights.

also want to know so can take into consideration next time. your idea seems good. next time try.

thanks!

yeah agree, scoot timing to sydney think is at 2am depart ...

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tml scoot having promo ...
Perth 45
Sydney , GC 86
All one way exclude taxes, travel by 30 may

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think now Perth to Sin is 15 one way excluding taxes.
GC / Sydney to Sin is 51 one way excluding taxes ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scoot have promo ...
Sydney GC 98
one way excluding taxes lol ... Travel by: 25 Oct 2014

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tml scoot promo perth 35 one way ... minimum 2 go go... travel by 25 oct

arianwen

Reaction score
Just wondering.. is it safe to book from qantas? As they are in some sort of financial difficulties.. else.. what other airlines recommended for melbourne? Tks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.