Wireless IP Camera thread

nahbehism

Reaction score
Is there a ip cam that comes with email alert on motion detection?
I used to own a prolink ip cam.. the email alerts just suddenly stopped working

user109s

Reaction score
Is there a ip cam that comes with email alert on motion detection?
I used to own a prolink ip cam.. the email alerts just suddenly stopped working

Most of them does.. Try to reset to factory default and try again. Hopefully it just a minor bug error so factory reset will clear it away. If not, RMA may requires.. :)

doran_lum

Reaction score
How do you power off vstarcam ip camera ?

On the app i notice there's only a reboot option. If just switching off at the power source is the way, would it corrupt the memory card ?

Lit3s

Reaction score
Hi guys,

need some help here. I'm on Starhub Fibre using the Dlink gateway. After re-setting up my foscam, i can view it using the program on my computer running on lan.

Iphone etc running ip camera app also no issue on 3G/4G networks. However when connected to the same network on wifi, it just wont load or connect.

i've check the ports are open. Any idea where went wrong? :s11:

user109s

Reaction score
Hi guys,

need some help here. I'm on Starhub Fibre using the Dlink gateway. After re-setting up my foscam, i can view it using the program on my computer running on lan.

Iphone etc running ip camera app also no issue on 3G/4G networks. However when connected to the same network on wifi, it just wont load or connect.

i've check the ports are open. Any idea where went wrong? :s11:

You can try to reboot the gateway. Sometime may require to reboot both the router/gateway and cams.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
How do you power off vstarcam ip camera ?

On the app i notice there's only a reboot option. If just switching off at the power source is the way, would it corrupt the memory card ?

No power button. Just off directly. Yes, will corrupt clip in long term.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
No logic or requirement to power off the cam. Most of the cams in the market couldn't be sw off by remote. It's useless if it's not on for all time surveillance. :s8:

You will b surprise on the number of people who will turn off the cameras daily to save electricity

Linus

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought a Dlink 5222L (camera supported by Surveillance Station for Synology NAS). Tried to add it in Surveillance Station and was able to get a test connection working. When I choose the video format as MJPEG, it is working fine. However, when I select MPEG4 or H.264 as the video format, the test connection works but Surveillance Station shows camera is disconnected and display error message that the connection is lost.

Any ideas?

user109s

Reaction score
You will b surprise on the number of people who will turn off the cameras daily to save electricity

Oh well, by doing so yes, it'll save some but it'll cost you more; itself break down.. Chance is high. Just like some people will switch on their TV but not in stdby. The break down chance is often high. My TVs are all on stdby not switch off cos little current is consumed.

The trade off of this little saving goes none when other electric devices are on; electric kettle, aircon, heater, computer. Even thought you charge your all IOS & Android devices overnite.

You will amazing how much you'll spend electric $$ on the charging devices over a month.. :s13: Do you use timer to control your chargers? Ya.. I thought so.. :)

Last edited:

rickyc

Reaction score
Which ip camera to buy ?

Hi all,

I'm looking for an easy to to setup, good quality ip camera (in terms of features, picture and support) to use at home......which i can view from my pc (win8) or android phone. Budget ard $200-$300. Any recommendations ?

Thanks in advance,

Ricky Chin

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
just saw that MARIX got a mayday midnight sales promotion for VStarcam IP Cameras, so far no see anything on their eshop. Maybe really must wait til midnight before models and prices can be seen.

HeeroYuy84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking for cheap Poe camera compatible with synology bad,any recommendations?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
DR_Archer,

The T7833WIPX3 comes bundled with 32GB MicroSD Card, pricing is same as the same MO price I arranged the other time. You might want to consider buying from them online instead.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
user109s, when you get your wanscam, can you tell me if it can do a -20 to -30 degree downward tilt when placed upright?

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.