[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Marche can step one side:s13:

I feel the Paulaner outlet at Millenia Walk is much better than the one at Clark Quay.

Werner not bad but standard varies.

I only jiak CS PK most of the time when it's on offer :s34:

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
marche only the vivo branch nice... 313 that 1 not nice 1 leh

had a half PK at vivo branch.

the whole dinner experience was crappy. last time got atas restaurant feel. now is market standard with a high price.

buay tahan max. u dont often get the feeling that u would have been better off spending similar amounts at food centres :mad:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes and left there for sometime. portion small.

siao one.

i rather buy one whole duck at fatty weng / cheong anytime.

the whole dinner experience was crappy. last time got atas restaurant feel. now is market standard with a high price.

buay tahan max. u dont often get the feeling that u would have been better off spending similar amounts at food centres :mad:

Vivo got Brotzeit yet you choose to go Marche :s8:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

LOL. really ah. maybe i too long didnt go already

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
Vivo got Brotzeit yet you choose to go Marche :s8:

before that visit, was 2 years ago. 2 years ago the whole experience was good.

i didnt know the prices had escalated so much and the dining space.... so limited.

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
I only jiak CS PK most of the time when it's on offer :s34:

How much does the pork knuckles on offer cost? Anyway the serenity that you jiak alr multiple times over the price of paulaner :s22::s13:

Pork knuckles from CS or NTUC also not very cheap. I recently got half a knuckle from NTUC for $13 or $16 can't remember. Was quite shocked at the price and portion not that big too. So one knuckle is around $26-$32.

With that money I rather go Paulaners get the pork knuckles and sauerkraut platter for $29.80 :s22:

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
How much does the pork knuckles on offer cost? Anyway the serenity that you jiak alr multiple times over the price of paulaner :s22::s13:

Pork knuckles from CS or NTUC also not very cheap. I recently got half a knuckle from NTUC for $13 or $16 can't remember. Was quite shocked at the price and portion not that big too. So one knuckle is around $26-$32.

With that money I rather go Paulaners get the pork knuckles and sauerkraut platter for $29.80 :s22:

NTUC cost about 18+, but i banned them after buying 1 which was pitch black inside and taste like burned rubber.

NTUC Xtra(nex) so far still ok. i usually wait until 8+pm then buy the discounted version lolx

Cold storage one is nice but about ~25

my favorite is giant also 20+ but taste juicer

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Introduction:
In 1953, Ancel Keys showed that coronary heart disease mortality was more prevalent in countries with a high fat consumption [1]. Though this correlation was based on an analysis of merely 6 countries, it led to the advice to consume less fat. This was followed by the advice to consume less saturated fat, using data from The Seven Countries Study [2]. Even in 2005, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) included data from The Seven Countries study in the evidence to justify the advice to consume less saturated fat [3].

Study design
I linked per capita (per person) availability of animal fat to the burden of cardiovascular diseases (CVD), including data from 170 countries. Data regarding availability of animal fat is provided by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) [4]. Data regarding the burden of CVD is provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) [5].

The burden of CVD is expressed in DALYs. The measure DALY combines:
-Years of life lost to premature mortality and
-Years of life lost due to time lived in states of less than full health

DALY's are measured per 100,000. E.g., we see a DALY for cardiovascular diseases of 1,525 in 2004. This means that 1,525 per 100,000 years of life were lost to premature mortality from cardiovascular diseases or from living with cardiovascular diseases in the year 2004. Global data about DALYs is only available for the year 2004.

Results
The result can be seen in figure 1.
animal-fat-cardiovascular-disease.jpg

Results seem unexpected. We can clearly see that the highest burden of cardiovascular diseases can be found in countries with the lowest availability of animal fats. The Pearson Correlation was significant (P = 0.01).

The reason for the large discrepancy is not clear to me. Several explanations are possible:

-Keys examined saturated fats. I examined animal fats. This seems the most unlikely explanation.
-The much larger number of countries, I included.
-Keys examined coronary heart diseases. I examined CVD, which includes a larger number of diseases.
-Keys examined mortality. I examined the burden of diseases. Which does not only include mortality, but also the amount of years lost due to time lived in a state of less than full health because of CVD.
-Keys used disease prevalence data unadjusted for age. This does not take into account the fact that heart disease prevalence in some countries may have been higher just because the population lived longer. The DALY data I included was adjusted for age.
-Changes in animal fat/saturated fat intake and/or CVD/heart disease occurring over time.

This means that Keys' data is dismissed. The age-adjusted DALY data for CVD including a larger number amount of countries is just much more "reliable".

Does this mean that animal fats are cardio-protective? No it doesn't. Ecological comparisons are not able to show any causal effects. The IOM knows this. But because of a lack of studies showing any evidence for an association between saturated fats and cardiovascular diseases, data from the Seven Countries Studies was included in their report anyway. They could always point the finger to that study.

In the future, I will show what the association between animal fat availability and the burden of CVD looks like, if we adjust for strong confounding variables.

Conclusion
Some decades ago, Ancel Keys showed that coronary heart disease mortality was more prevalent in countries with high intakes of saturated fat. This "correlation" was based on data from only 7 countries. I now show that the highest burden of cardiovascular diseases is found in countries with the lowest intake of animal fats. I based my results on data from 170 countries.
Link: The burden of cardiovascular diseases is highest in countries with low animal fat consumption | Food and Disease

References
[1] Keys A. Atherosclerosis: a problem in newer public health. Journal of Mount Sinai Hospital NY 1953;20:118-39.
[2] Wikipedia. Ancel Keys. Ancel Keys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[3] Institute of Medicine. Dietary fats: total fat and fatty acids. In: Dietary
reference intakes for energy, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol,
protein, and amino acids (macronutrients); 2005. Available at: Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein, and Amino Acids (Macronutrients)
[4] Food and Agriculture Organization. Food Supply. Available at: FAOSTAT Gateway
[5] The World Health Organization. Global burden of disease. Available at: WHO | Global burden of disease

170 countries study: Cardiovascular disease burden highest with low animal fat intake - Bodybuilding.com Forums

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
NTUC cost about 18+, but i banned them after buying 1 which was pitch black inside and taste like burned rubber.

NTUC Xtra(nex) so far still ok. i usually wait until 8+pm then buy the discounted version lolx

I bought mine from nex the other time. Wasn't impressed haha=:p Can't imagine how it will taste like after 8pm.

Cold storage nice ar? Nex got one maybe can buy from there:o The rose chicken(braised) sold by the crystal jade booth within cold storage in nex also not bad. $10 for a whole chicken(bigger than spring chicken iirc)

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cold storage 19.90 iirc.

ntuc xtra goes by weight.

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually bo offer cs pork knuckle very few one. i waiting for their offer so i can hoot gao gao haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.